Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the salmon of knowledge

sorry lads but have to be honest here, we made a bad hand of attempting to get out of DIVISION 3 yes thats division 3 lads.
at some stages in the league we really did play puke football.
i hope i am wrong but i dont see much hope, sorry to drag the mood of optisim down, but Fermanagh, with one game under their belt already, actually have a system of play, are alot fitter than Cavan IMO and this stupid notion that we have a divine right to beat them cause we have better footballers??
what sets the bench mark for the marking system for better footballers???
the divison you play in and results in the last AI does for me anyway.
once again i hope to be proved seriously wrong....

boojangles

Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on May 26, 2009, 11:32:18 PM
sorry lads but have to be honest here, we made a bad hand of attempting to get out of DIVISION 3 yes thats division 3 lads.
i hope i am wrong but i dont see much hope, sorry to drag the mood of optisim down, but Fermanagh, with one game under their belt already, actually have a system of play, are alot fitter than Cavan IMO and this stupid notion that we have a divine right to beat them cause we have better footballers??

Nothing like a dose of Realism-but its hard to argue with the facts alright.From last years team,we have lost McCabe,Forde and Paul the Gunner wont be playing either.Thats 3 hard lads to replace,and I am seriously worried about our half back line.Id still take Bernard Morris at CHB though,wasnt the best footballer in the world but God he was some animal,we don't have anybody like him to enforce a bit of rough justice.

What do lads think of our Minors chances on Saturday? I havent seen them all year and would only know a handful of footballers on the team.Kevin Tierney is out with glandular fever I hear,he will be a big loss.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on May 27, 2009, 01:06:46 PM
Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on May 26, 2009, 11:32:18 PM

Nothing like a dose of Realism-but its hard to argue with the facts alright.From last years team,we have lost McCabe,Forde and Paul the Gunner wont be playing either.Thats 3 hard lads to replace,and I am seriously worried about our half back line.Id still take Bernard Morris at CHB though,wasnt the best footballer in the world but God he was some animal,we don't have anybody like him to enforce a bit of rough justice.

What do lads think of our Minors chances on Saturday? I havent seen them all year and would only know a handful of footballers on the team.Kevin Tierney is out with glandular fever I hear,he will be a big loss.

Stats are fine but Limerick did just beat Tipperary after a league campaign that wouldn't have suggested that result.

Tierney will be a huge loss to the minors and I hear Shane Reilly broke ribs last week so he must be doubtful too.

jimjim

Heard Tierney was missing, massive loss. Minors going thru a bad run, but every other year they were going well then collapsed so hopefully they can perform this year... See Louth V Cavan in the Leinster Junior Championship Thurs @ 7:30 in Dundalk.
Anyone heading to this? Any word on the team? Seems like a very strong panel..

Celt_Man

JimJim junior match against Louth is on tomorrow night not tonight
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

jimjim

Got mixed up there, Thanks Celtman

Mr. Pain

pain
–noun
1. physical suffering or distress, as due to injury, illness, etc.
2. a distressing sensation in a particular part of the body: a back pain. 
3. mental or emotional suffering or torment: I am sorry my news causes you such pain. 
4. pains, a. laborious or careful efforts; assiduous care: Great pains have been taken to repair the engine perfectly. 
             b. the suffering of childbirth.

5. Informal. an annoying or troublesome person or thing.

–verb (used with object) 6. to cause physical pain to; hurt.
7. to cause (someone) mental or emotional pain; distress: Your sarcasm pained me. 

–verb (used without object) 8. to have or give pain.

—Idioms
9. feel no pain, Informal. to be intoxicated: After all that free beer, we were feeling no pain. 
10. on, upon, or under pain of, liable to the penalty of: on pain of death. 
11. pain in the ass, Slang: Vulgar.   
12. pain in the neck, Informal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now you know all there is to know about where Mr. Pain is from. Let the games begin!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Mr. Pain on May 27, 2009, 04:23:32 PM
pain
–noun
1. physical suffering or distress, as due to injury, illness, etc.
2. a distressing sensation in a particular part of the body: a back pain. 
3. mental or emotional suffering or torment: I am sorry my news causes you such pain. 
4. pains, a. laborious or careful efforts; assiduous care: Great pains have been taken to repair the engine perfectly. 
             b. the suffering of childbirth.

5. Informal. an annoying or troublesome person or thing.

–verb (used with object) 6. to cause physical pain to; hurt.
7. to cause (someone) mental or emotional pain; distress: Your sarcasm pained me. 

–verb (used without object) 8. to have or give pain.

—Idioms
9. feel no pain, Informal. to be intoxicated: After all that free beer, we were feeling no pain. 
10. on, upon, or under pain of, liable to the penalty of: on pain of death. 
11. pain in the ass, Slang: Vulgar.   
12. pain in the neck, Informal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now you know all there is to know about where Mr. Pain is from. Let the games begin!

It must be an awful shithole you are from Mr Pain if you're too ashamed to name it. Perhaps you are afraid we will learn your identity, there can't that many Mr Pains around the county after all.

Celt_Man

Quote from: RednBlack on May 27, 2009, 04:33:50 PM

going back to Doc and hopes to be given all clear to play on Saturday

I'd be very surprised if he gets the ok - glandular fever really flattens ya, takes months to get over it properly and leaves you very fatigued for a long time after it too
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

Quote from: Celt_Man on May 27, 2009, 05:04:49 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on May 27, 2009, 04:33:50 PM

going back to Doc and hopes to be given all clear to play on Saturday

I'd be very surprised if he gets the ok - glandular fever really flattens ya, takes months to get over it properly and leaves you very fatigued for a long time after it too

Was talking to Mickey Graham the other day and he said he didn't think Tierney would play, that the team doctor said it was a no no. It might just be a media trick to keep pressure off the team, but I think if he does feature it will be from the bench.

This year's team's build-up has been relatively low key, but I really don't think much of them. Don't think they are as good as last year's team, but then again I doubt Tyrone will be as good as they were again. Down look decent enough, heard they hammered Fermanagh last time out.

Mr. Pain

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 27, 2009, 04:35:49 PM
It must be an awful shithole you are from Mr Pain if you're too ashamed to name it. Perhaps you are afraid we will learn your identity, there can't that many Mr Pains around the county after all.

Myles, Mr. Pain does not laugh regularly but he came very close there. To think - A punk from Killeshandra has the audacity to call another place a shithole! Mr. Pain is not from Killeshandra, ipso facto, he is not from a shithole. The Pain family name was brought over to this country years ago by visiting monks. Anyway, enough about Mr. Pain, let's talk football.

Cavan will drive Fermanagh close according to the Pain Predictor, a little machine invented by yours truly. However, the outlook is not so good. Cavan to lose by two points. Mr. Pain sincerely hopes the Predictor is malfunctioning for all our sakes. Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Mr. Pain on May 27, 2009, 05:36:20 PM

Myles, Mr. Pain does not laugh regularly but he came very close there. To think - A punk from Killeshandra has the audacity to call another place a shithole! Mr. Pain is not from Killeshandra, ipso facto, he is not from a shithole. The Pain family name was brought over to this country years ago by visiting monks. Anyway, enough about Mr. Pain, let's talk football.

Cavan will drive Fermanagh close according to the Pain Predictor, a little machine invented by yours truly. However, the outlook is not so good. Cavan to lose by two points. Mr. Pain sincerely hopes the Predictor is malfunctioning for all our sakes. Rant over!

Perhaps Myles is a punk. Perhaps Killeshandra is a shit hole but myles is not afraid to declare where his colours are nailed. Perhaps the Pains live in Maghera or some other "too embarrassing to admit I'm from there" place, come on Mr Pain I promise I will not laugh.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 27, 2009, 06:16:43 PM
Quote from: Mr. Pain on May 27, 2009, 05:36:20 PM

Perhaps Myles is a punk. Perhaps Killeshandra is a shit hole but myles is not afraid to declare where his colours are nailed. Perhaps the Pains live in Maghera or some other "too embarrassing to admit I'm from there" place, come on Mr Pain I promise I will not laugh.
Why does Mr. Pain get such agro? His song a few months back was a masterpiece. But yes, let's talk football.

whats my name

maybe Mr pain is from munchie land another place 2 be ashamed of!!!!!

BallyhaiseMan

Mr Pain, Welcome Back  ;D  ;D
Are you from Laragh Mr Pain?