Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up

ALright lads, got away on a wee holiday for a couple of days, encase anyone was worried where I have been :D Hope i still have a job now!!!!

From what i am told, Eoin Smith trained with the county team last night, as did Sean Maguire, Tomas Reilly, Declan MckIernan kevin Brady and John Tierney. Think they were just in to play apart in a practice game. Think they are all part of the current Cavan junior panel - dont think they are actually part of the senior panel yet anyway.

Apparently Ted done very well at FB in shocking conditions.

Also saw DCU win the All Ireland freshers today over UCC - Niall McDermott was class. Oisin Minnagh was very good as well

put-it-up

4 out of 4 for the Shamrocks by the way :D :D

Have not been able to say that in a while

Big test against Swad at the weekend!

put-it-up

Witnessing Division THree footbal I dont have too many suggestion with regards ti players being good enough for the County.

From my own club I am amazed Declan Reilly has not been given a chance with at least the Junior Team. Paddy Byrd has talent as well but perhaps not the temperment!

I think Gearoid McKiernan has serious potential, and  I would like to hear who is playing well for Kingscourt these days?

Homer

Quote from: put-it-up on April 08, 2009, 10:28:45 PM
Also saw DCU win the All Ireland freshers today over UCC - Niall McDermott was class. Oisin Minnagh was very good as well

Delighted for the two lads, especially Niall.

Babe Ruth 47

Looking at the league tables there. Drumgoon have made a woeful start to the year. Only 2 point from 4 games and promotion nearly ruled out already. Just goes to show how hard it is to bounce back to senior after being relegated. Didn't they loose out on the last day a least twice?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Babe Ruth 47 on April 09, 2009, 12:44:01 PM
Looking at the league tables there. Drumgoon have made a woeful start to the year. Only 2 point from 4 games and promotion nearly ruled out already. Just goes to show how hard it is to bounce back to senior after being relegated. Didn't they loose out on the last day a least twice?

Yea I seemed to remember we had something to do with that both times actually!! ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

jimjim

Just thought I would give it another go :D
See how I get on??

Imperial Bar A.C.F.L. Division 1 Round 5
Denn v Gowna - Gowna
Ballinagh v Castlerahan  - Balinagh
Cavan Gaels v Lavey  - Gaels
Cuchulainns v Belturbet – Cuchulainns
Killygarry v Ramor Utd - Draw
Crosserlough v Redhills - Croesserlough
Mullahoran v Lacken - Mullahorn

Cathal Brady Audi A.C.F.L. Division 2 Round 5
Cootehill v Drumalee - Draw
Crosserlough v Drumgoon - Drumgoon
Killeshandra v Ballyhaise - Ballyhaise
Cavan Gaels v Drung - Gaels
Kingscourt v Shercock - Kingscourt
Killinkere v Knockbride - Knockbride
Drumlane v Kill - Drumlane

John Brady Insurances Ltd A.C.F.L. Division 3 Round 5
Munterconnacht v Templeport - Draw
Ballymachugh v Corlough - Ballymachugh
Butlersbridge v Cornafean - Draw
Shannon Gaels v Laragh Utd - Laragh
Swanlinbar v Bailieboro - Baileboro
Kildallon v Killygarry - Kildallon
Mountnugent v Arva - ~Arva

cavan4ever

what time are saturdays games at?

cavan4sam

I know our game is at 6 anyway.

Celt_Man

Saturday, 11th April 2009 @ 5.30pm

Denn v Gowna (Game at 3.30pm)
Referee: Thomas Doonan
Ballinagh v Castlerahan (Game in Castlerahan at 6pm)
Referee: Martin Sexton
Cavan Gaels v Lavey (Game at 2pm)
Referee: Darren Ward
Cuchulainns v Belturbet
Referee: Sean Smith
Killygarry v Ramor Utd (Game at 3pm)
Referee: Martin Brady - Lacken
Crosserlough v Redhills (Game at 5pm)
Referee: M G Brady
Mullahoran v Lacken
Referee: Jim Hyland

Cootehill v Drumalee
Referee: Gerry Sheridan
Crosserlough v Drumgoon (Game at 2.30pm)
Referee: Ollie Henry
Killeshandra v Ballyhaise (Game in Lacken)
Referee: Oliver O'Reilly
Cavan Gaels v Drung
Referee: Donal Reilly
Kingscourt v Shercock (Game at 4pm)
Referee: Padraig Kelleher
Killinkere v Knockbride
Referee: Jimmy Galligan - Lacken
Drumlane v Kill
Referee: Chris McCaffrey

Munterconnacht v Templeport
Referee: Seamus O'Connnor
Ballymachugh v Corlough
Referee: Raymond Tynan
Butlersbridge v Cornafean
Referee: Patrick Brady
Shannon Gaels v Laragh Utd
Referee: Brian Seagrave
Swanlinbar v Bailieboro
Referee: John Emmo
Kildallon v Killygarry (Game at 6.30pm)
Referee: Martin Brady - Ballinagh
Mountnugent v Arva
Referee: Raymond Kelly

Saturday, 11th April 2009 @ 5pm

Cavan Waste Disposal Ltd A.C.F.L Division 4 Round 5
Denn v Gowna
Referee: Thomas Doonan
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

Pierson scored 2-3 for Gowna last weekend so you'd imagine he's back on the panel again unless there has been a falling out.

Superstar

Sorry to hijack youre thread lads, but here goes:

Hi there folks,

With the championship just around the corner, from now on in you will see various fantasy football competitions springing up, myself and a few other memebrs of our club have taken it upon ourselves to run a competition of our own as a fundraiser. Hopefully we will get alot of interest in it, weve kept the entry fee reasonably low, its a pretty straight forward competition, all the rules, scoring chart, and player lists ect can be found on our website, so why not have a nosey at it. I hope when you are deciding upon which of the competitions available to enter you will give us a thought, we may not have a flashy website with all the graphics, but in entering this competition, you will be supporting one of youre very own clubs. If you have any queries about the competition you can email me at clannnabanna@hotmail.co.uk

To view the competition just log on to clannnabanna.down.gaa.ie and click on the competitions link

Many thanks, i hope we can look forward to youre support.
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

cavan4ever

Quote from: RednBlack on April 09, 2009, 11:44:16 PM
Any news on team for Sunday - heard Dunne at full back, Gunner centre half with Podge outside him, Walsh in middle and Martin Reilly back in. Haven't heard if Pierson is back? Anyone hear anything else?

Galligan is out.

put-it-up

Galligan is out. Martin Reilly and Mackey are back. Cullivan is fit also. Dermot Sheridan is struggling with injury.

McCabe will probably come in for Galligan, or if he is not ready then it will be Walsh.

Think Eddie will lose out and I think Pierson could be ready - probably just from the bench though.

Have a slight feeling Brides will start

put-it-up

It is round five of this year's ACFL this Saturday, with every team in action.

With the county team out on Sunday against Louth in Drogheda, county players will be unavailable for club duty. This will have a big effect on team's such as reigning champions Cavan Gaels, who will have to survive without the services of Mickey Lyng, Seanie Johnston and Nicholas Walsh.

Gowna, too will be badly effected, with former All-Star Dermot McCabe and ace forward Ger Pierson expected to feature in Cavan's final league fixture. Their absence will give struggling Denn a huge confidence boost.

In Division Two, the meeting of Killeshandra and Ballyhaise should be an interesting one, while there will be no love lost between Killinkere and Knockbride.

Table-toppers Bailieborough Shamrocks make the lengthy trip to Swanlinbar in Division 3. That fixture will be the one to watch, with Swanlinbar needing a win to keep their promotion hopes alive.

Denn v Gowna - Denn are really struggling and badly need a win. With McCabe and Pierson missing they might just get it.

Ballinagh v Castlerahan - Home side have been poor this year, but to overcome Castlerahan who are without Mackey, Flanagan and Brady.

Cavan Gaels v Lavey - Gaels to once again show their strength in depth.

Cuchulainns v Belturbet – Cuchulainns in a rotten run of form and can't see them getting out of it.

Killygarry v Ramor Utd - It's gonna be a tight one. The fact Ramor have nobody on the county panel, they might nick a win.

Crosserlough v Redhills - Saw Croesserlough last week and they were brutal. Unless they improve, Redhills will get back to winning ways.

Mullahoran v Lacken - Mullahoran to kick on from last week's victory over Redhills.

Cootehill v Drumalee - Draw

Crosserlough v Drumgoon - Drumgoon to outclass Crosserlough's second string

Killeshandra v Ballyhaise - Ballyhaise missing a lot of important players. Killeshandra will get the job done.

Cavan Gaels v Drung - Mmmm. Going to go with Gaels - though there panel will be stretched considering both games are on the same day.

Kingscourt v Shercock - Kingscourt will blow Shercock away. My favourites for promotion.

Killinkere v Knockbride - Killinkere got a morale boosting victory last weekend but Knockbride will wipe the smiles from their faces.

Drumlane v Kill - Drumlane. Kill are really struggling in this Division and look out of their league.

Munterconnacht v Templeport - Draw

Ballymachugh v Corlough - Ballymachugh to condemn Corlough to another defeat.

Butlersbridge v Cornafean - Cornafaen going well at the minute and they might just shade the Bridge
Shannon Gaels v Laragh Utd - Another close one. Laragh have a long trip and I think Shannon Gaels will stop their unbeaten run in Blacklion.

Swanlinbar v Bailieboro - I am worried for the Shamrocks. Swad will be up for this one after losing two on the spin. Heart over rules head though - Bailieborough
Kildallon v Killygarry - Kildallon to bounce back from last week's defeat in emphatic style.
Mountnugent v Arva - ~M'Nugent playing shocking stuff at the minute. Arva