Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: whats my name on March 29, 2009, 05:26:12 PM
love to know why givney was taken off???? lyng was poor again gunner was serious mccutcheon was very good Flanagan very good as well the back line was poor very small compaired to the rossies forward line and look dodgy under high balls!!!!!
Have to disagree there, Lyngs tackling and work rate was superb.His running off the ball was good too.he isnt fully right yet but he is getting there.We need Micky Lyng back the way he was and the more games he gets the better IMO.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Who was your full-forward that broke his arm Boojangles? Heard he was only back from a cruciate injury?

cavan4sam

Lads did ye really think Flanagan was that good today? I actually thought it was one of his poorer performances, maybe Ive just come to expect too much from him?? Thought Gunner was the best player on the field today by a long way.

We had a good win against the cucus yesterday considering we had no county men and our full back was missing.

Was talking to Sean Brady last night and he had his operation on his nose on Monday wll be out for another 4 weeks.

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on March 29, 2009, 06:28:24 PM
Who was your full-forward that broke his arm Boojangles? Heard he was only back from a cruciate injury?
Full-Back Laurence-it was Kevin Gavigan a Donegal native.Was out for a year and a half with his Cruciate ligament and only his 3rd game back.I had the misfortune of seeing the arm and it wasnt pretty.Compound fracture in 3 places and he had to get a plate and pins in it.Very unfortunate and he will be out of work for a month at least now too.He'l be a big loss.

put-it-up

The decision against Dunne was absolutely hilarious! The ref was mind boggling at times. Thought Gunner was excellent and cant believe someone thought lyng was poor. For me, he was one of our top 3 players. Got on the ball a lot and lead by example in the forward with his workrate and tackling - as well as his passing.

Also thought our midfield done pretty well. Galligan in particular done Trojan work. Have a lot of time for Dunne, think he is a good young lad. But what the management done to Givney was shocking. Personally I thought they used him as an example, to show after their reluctance to change things last week, that they arent afraid to make changes anymore. Really harsh on the young lad and they are completely messing with his confidence. I admit he hadn't really got into the game but at the same time I felt he did not do anything to justify whipping him off.

Anyone else wonder how Eddie stayed on for so long?

PS. You have got to love Larry

Roscommon were poor, but we were deserved victors

Lawrence of Knockbride

Sorry Boojangles, meant to type full-back. Larry is funny, esp the way he didn't break his stride as he both celebrated and ran off the field after scoring. I thought Lyng had a good game but did have a spell in the second-half where he had two or three sloppy passes in a row. I'd really like to know the extent to the whole McCabe thing-that's bothering me. Some interesting club scores at the weekend. Gaels' second team beating Drumgoon was a bit of turn up for one.

Homer

Was at the game yesterday and agree with a lot that has been previously said. Gunner superb. Flanagan very good. A much better show from Lyng, we badly need his creativity. I thought the backs played very well after an initial shaky start. I complained last week that the management were a bit slow to call ashore but they really went from one extreme to another with Givney.

Ballinagh beat Denn by four at the weekend, nothing major to report from it.

I heard Johnny Crowe did some leg-ligament damage in Crosselough's defeat to Belturbet and will be out for a while now.

Other results as per Aertel...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Homer on March 30, 2009, 10:32:31 AM
Was at the game yesterday and agree with a lot that has been previously said. Gunner superb. Flanagan very good. A much better show from Lyng, we badly need his creativity. I thought the backs played very well after an initial shaky start. I complained last week that the management were a bit slow to call ashore but they really went from one extreme to another with Givney.

Ballinagh beat Denn by four at the weekend, nothing major to report from it.

I heard Johnny Crowe did some leg-ligament damage in Crosselough's defeat to Belturbet and will be out for a while now.

Other results as per Aertel...

Is gaynor back playing with ye yet?

Good to see a new team like Redhills do well in Div 1 after coming up the leagues quickly.

Homer

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 30, 2009, 10:41:17 AM

Good to see a new team like Redhills do well in Div 1 after coming up the leagues quickly.

Gaynor isn't long off the crutches after an ankle operation, won't be back til closer to the Summer.

Redhills have really hit the ground running and deserve a lot of credit considering they are playing without Paddy Gumley and also missing Rory Dunne at the weekend.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Homer on March 30, 2009, 11:18:01 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 30, 2009, 10:41:17 AM

Gaynor isn't long off the crutches after an ankle operation, won't be back til closer to the Summer.

Redhills have really hit the ground running and deserve a lot of credit considering they are playing without Paddy Gumley and also missing Rory Dunne at the weekend.

They have a lot of good young players and their not afraid to use them.  There is good competiton for places and the players seem to have a good attuide to training etc.

Babe Ruth 47

Was at the Cavan match (Desperated crowd by the way) and as previously stated not a huge pile can be read into it. I was impressed by the Gunner though, thought he had a powerful game.

With regard to the full back line, is it just me or does anyone else brake out in a fit of skakes and  cold sweats when a high ball is launched it and there is panic stations below in the full back line awaiting its arrival. This line as a unit will be dismantled come championship. I don't mean to harp on about it either but i heard that, (hopefuly 'RednBlack@ can confrim it) Eoin Smith, had a powerful game for Killygarry at fullback. I think he may be on the Cavan Junior panel but is there any hope he will get a run at the senior position. Is it too late at this stage for a call up?

BallyhaiseMan

Dont see how it would be took late, Eoin Smith would be fairly fit if hes playing with Killygarry and Cavan developmental panel, We are not out in the championship until the 6th June,over two months away.
Its a bit different   to bringing  lads back after the league is over when we are out in the Preliminary round of the championship 3/4 weeks later in early May(ala Mick McDonald last year)

If we could get full back sorted we would have basis of a solid team in my opinion.

cavan4ever

Quote from: RednBlack on March 31, 2009, 12:02:23 AM
Quote from: Babe Ruth 47 on March 30, 2009, 03:53:04 PM
Was at the Cavan match (Desperated crowd by the way) and as previously stated not a huge pile can be read into it. I was impressed by the Gunner though, thought he had a powerful game.

With regard to the full back line, is it just me or does anyone else brake out in a fit of skakes and  cold sweats when a high ball is launched it and there is panic stations below in the full back line awaiting its arrival. This line as a unit will be dismantled come championship. I don't mean to harp on about it either but i heard that, (hopefuly 'RednBlack@ can confrim it) Eoin Smith, had a powerful game for Killygarry at fullback. I think he may be on the Cavan Junior panel but is there any hope he will get a run at the senior position. Is it too late at this stage for a call up?

Ted's has had three top class games at FB against Gowna, Castlerahan and Lavey and his 15 minute cameo at midfield against Lavey swung the game for us. Also did v well on Junior County team so well worth a look at Senior.

This is like a broken record on this board,  either the management dont rate him or else they are stupid.   I find it hard to believe that their is a full back out their playing well every week and he isnt on the panel when we are crying out for one.  Could someone from your club not talk to someone to get them to have a look at him, or does anyone know do they even go to games.  Well Peter doesnt for obvious reasons.

cavan4ever

BallyhaiseMan

Is Tommy Carr himself or Niall Lynch doing the training?
Larry and Mulvey look in far better shape than ive seen them in years.