Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavanmaniac

Jesus aye the naked pool incident how could I forget. Was that not on the previous manager's watch though, the Tobin guy? Think Tommy was drafted in as the sherriff to clean up that town, I actually don't think there was anything too untoward when he was at the helm but clearly, my memory is hazy if I can't even recall the Nudie Pool!

Dunno if it was a 'class' team as such but it wasn't too bad either I suppose.

mylestheslasher

I started a thread on the main section to see what managers are out there. When it has run a while I'll paste the list back in here.

tierworker blue

Quote from: trim blue on July 19, 2008, 11:48:53 PM
On a brighter note, brought my two young sons and their cousin to the match tonight and as we arrived at the ground the Cavan team bus pulled up alongside us and we waited to wish good luck to the players, Michael Brides spotted us and came over and said heres some tickets to get you and the boys in, don't know the man from Adam but it was an act of pure decency on his part which left a huge impression on us all on a night short of memorable moments.
fair play to him...that's nice to see...hopefully you'll get to bring them to some winning games soon!

boojangles

Alright lads,its been a month or so since I posted.Dont worry BH Man I havent disappeared!
Moved house in the last month and only getting settled now.
Well we finally got our man Keogan out of the job and as has been discussed already the next appointment is crucial.I really think we need a REALLY strict man on discipline who has a good pedigree working with young players but somebody with a high profile that should generate a buzz about our county team and encourage everybody to want to play and win things for Cavan.
Our Minors got beaten and while I have to say I thought some of his tactics in the 1st half against Tyrone were stupid,I really believe that Mickey Graham should b left at that Minor job.Dare I say the Fatal words-but supposedly next Years Minor team is supposed to b alot stronger.(Now where have I heard that before?)
The Club Championships got underway last night with Gowna using their get out of jail card.There is some interesting clashes.Drumgoon-Cootehill,Ramor-Cuchulainns and Drumalee-Ballyhaise.Obviously the latter being of most consequence to me.
Heres to a great weekend of football.Im getting the butterflys already.

BallyhaiseMan

should be good Boojangles, Looking forward to a few of yer customary hard hits on Sunday,
Best of luck to all you lads playing championship over the weekend...Even HollowMan and Mr Pain  :-*

shotstopper1

If the next Cavan manager was to be a local , what would ye think of Terry Hyland and/or Ciaran Brady? Hyland has the experience of being there before in the back ground with Andrews at Cavan and Louth,and Brady has had some relative success in management.

On the Ballinagh issue,now that they're back in the championship,it begs the question could Ballyhaise be the real losers in the end?

boojangles

From what I hear Terry Hyland dosent know his arse hole from his ear hole along the line and I dont think he has near the necessary experience for the county Senior job.What has he ever won really? An Intermediate with Knockbride if my memory serves me well.BH Man and Lacken Legend should know more than me tho.I played under Ciaran Brady and found him excellent in most cases but he was only really involved in the training end of things.
Shotstopper I dont see what you mean about Ballyhaise being the real losers in the Ballinagh affair.Surely if Ballyhaise have been hard done by then surely my own club(Drumalee) are in the same boat? Castlerahan and Belturbet were just above both ourselves and Ballyhaise and it seems like both them teams will be awarded 2 points from Ballinagh.While we both had played them already.

Celt_Man

Anyone draw the complete draw for the backdoor? I know we got laragh and then the winners play the losers of the lavey killinkere replay....
As for the game yesterday, I'm not ready to talk about it yet
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

was told it after the match last night Celt Man but cant remember it now,
we got the winner of the qualifying round again like last year,so no game for 6 weeks.  ::)

Cavan Gaels-Mullahoran quarter final though, nice draw.

shotstopper1

Quote from: boojangles on July 27, 2008, 05:12:06 PM
From what I hear Terry Hyland dosent know his arse hole from his ear hole along the line and I dont think he has near the necessary experience for the county Senior job.

Following the trend of the last two appointments he'd be ideal for the county board so. I'd agree with ya he has won F all, but who at the moment within the county has? The last few county champions have being managed by outsiders,  (just thought of another man Martin McCabe who won a few County Championships in Wmeath),Mickey Graham won both the Junior and Intermediate with different clubs,his time will come but not yet,other than that there's really no stand out character from within the county,is there?

QuoteShotstopper I dont see what you mean about Ballyhaise being the real losers in the Ballinagh affair.Surely if Ballyhaise have been hard done by then surely my own club(Drumalee) are in the same boat? Castlerahan and Belturbet were just above both ourselves and Ballyhaise and it seems like both them teams will be awarded 2 points from Ballinagh.While we both had played them already.

In fairness your last two games are Gowna and Cavan Gaels, ye haven't won since the first two league games v Lavey and Killygarry ye're on 5 points so ya can hardly blame me for assuming that at best ye might win one of these games (to win both highly unlikely,Gowna need the points to ensure safety and the Gaels will be hoping to top the Division) which would leave ye on 7 points at best. Ballyhaise are on 7 (one gained/dropped against Ballinagh while Ballinagh were under the threat of suspension),with Belturbet and Mullahora to play.Belturbet 8 with two points to pick up against Ballinagh which will leave them safe(last game v Ballyhaise),Castlerahan (after  getting the Ballinagh 2 points now on 10 points with the CuCu's and Killgarry to play.

So what I'm trying to show here is that Ballinaghs suspension was highly unlikely to effect Drumalee's position whereas Ballyhaise may have had a chance to stay up if they,Ballinagh, hadn't had being suspended .

Senior Champ Draw

Gaels v Mullahoran
Denn v CuCu's
Killygarry v Crosserlough/Gowna
Kingscourt v Qualifier

mylestheslasher

Full Results from w'end...
Senior
Crosserlough 2-04  Gowna 0-10
Belturbet 0-11 Mullahoran 1-12
Denn 2-16 Knockbride 1-12
Cavan Gaels 1-17 Lacken 0-10
Castlerahan 1-10 Kingscourt 1-14
Cuchullains 1-12 Ramor 1-09

Intermediate
Kill 0-16 Swanlinbar 2-10
Drumalee 1-08 Ballyhaise 0-16
Ballymachugh 2-05 Drumlane 1-09
Cootehill 0-08 Drumgoon 1-10
Killeshandra 0-07 Bailieboro 1-09
Laragh 1-10 Redhills 2-12
Lavey 0-14 Killinkere 2-08

Junior
Butlersbridge 1-05 Drung 1-08
Mountnugent 0-11 Shercock 2-10
Templeport 1-17 Cornafean 2-14
Arva 1-07 Corlough 2-04
Shannon Gaels 2-14 Maghera 0-06
Mounterconnaught 3-10 Kildallon 1-08

Anyone got the full draws for the next round.

BallyhaiseMan

Ballymachugh V Drumalee in the qualifiers is one i know of.

Killeshandra had a bad night against B'boro, Just found intermediate a step too far Myles? or what was the problem????

mylestheslasher

Not sure what is happening with leaguers. Wasn't around for the game but me bro said they were brutal bad in the 2nd half. I think they are well good enough for intermediate but they seem to have lost their way. I seen them beat B'boro easily with 13 men for half the game a few weeks back in the league and I couldn't believe they didn't win. The wheels have definetely come of but hopefully they can consolidate their place in intermediate for next year and give it a good lash then. Congrats to you on the win against Drumalee - not a beep out of Boojangles, he must be soar. What sort of game was it, is cullivan back in action?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 29, 2008, 07:18:34 PM
Not sure what is happening with leaguers. Wasn't around for the game but me bro said they were brutal bad in the 2nd half. I think they are well good enough for intermediate but they seem to have lost their way. I seen them beat B'boro easily with 13 men for half the game a few weeks back in the league and I couldn't believe they didn't win. The wheels have definetely come of but hopefully they can consolidate their place in intermediate for next year and give it a good lash then. Congrats to you on the win against Drumalee - not a beep out of Boojangles, he must be soar. What sort of game was it, is cullivan back in action?

Thanks
Boojangles had a good game Myles,But im sure it stung to lose to us, ;)
Cullivan was midfield, against Gary Fernacombe, he was very good,Getting back to his old self thank god.
Good game i thought,some very good scores,
Ciaran McGowan(Son of Cavan great Enda) scored 4 great points from play, and young Kevin Tierney was also a danger.
Michael Rooney and Fergal Slowey outstanding in defence.

For Drumalee
Kevin Donohoe had a good game on Ali Pickett even though Pickett seen alot of ball.
Drumalee changes and tactics were strange,Putting Fernacombe on Cullivan didnt make sense to me as Fernacombe didnt have as great a impact as he would have had at wing back,
Enda McCormack had a quiet enough game i thought.
Bringing on Shane Donoghue then replacing him after 15 minutes was puzzling aswell.
Im not saying Drumale would have won with better actions along the line,But it might have been closer.

We were much improved from our defeat against Cuchullains,but more improvement will be needed if we are to progress to the semi finals.
Darragh Gaffney is some free taker,if he would contribute more from play,hed be a definite starter for the county.

Hollow Man

Where was Pickett playing?

Was Stephen Rooney playing?