Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

yeh to be fair our Ballyhaises's own Sean McCormack  and indeed Ray when he wasnt injured,
werent used in the league at all and was a panel member, and despite us asking they werent allowed to play in a few League games the week before NFL Matches.

the 10 day rule is one i hate and it really affects the lads from 26-30 on the county panel as they get very little game time while the county is still Playing.

10 days before a championship i wouldnt mind, but National League games,Its bullshit.

However if a manager enforces it all the players have to adhere to it.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 18, 2008, 04:49:29 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 18, 2008, 09:36:57 AM
One other thing I forgot to mention. I believe Fannin fell out of favour with Keoghan in a big way cos he played a club match for Drumgoon when instructed not to. Heard this from a lad from cootehill at the match. This happened after he had been left on the bench for the whole league. Maybe Mr Keoghan doesn't want some of his players to play for anyone!

And your point is?

Hasn,t always been the case that once you are on the panel (team and SUBS), you do what the managers asks you.  If you can't do that, either resign from the panel or go for the manager's job.

My point is that it is a fairly brainless rule to ask fringe players to not play for their clubs, especially players that haven't even had a game at all. Keoghan isn't the only manager in Ireland doing this but it does go well with the other brainless things he has done over the past year.

Homer

Ballinagh beaten by Killygarry 0-6 1-8 last night. Wasn't at the game so can only tell you what I've heard. Apparently we were missing a couple who couldn't make it home for the game couldn't tell you if Killygarry had anyone missing for similar reasons. Adrian Maguire was carrying an injury so he started on the bench before being introduced as a sub only to be giving his marching orders for ploughing into Martin Reilly. Killygarry the better team throughout and fully deserved the win, will be big lift to them a month ahead of the championship meeting.

Other results...

Drumalee 0-12 2-12 Castlerahan

Belturbet 2-10 0-8 Cavan Gaels

Ballyhaise 0-10 2-13 Crosserlough

CoillyG

Martin Reilly's had his nose broken in that incident. The ref, Gerry Sheridan was hit after the game by a Ballinagh supporter. Assaulting officials seems to be a problem among Ballinagh supporters. Again the club is let down by one idiot. Killygarry have put together a fine run of form.

Homer

Quote from: CoillyG on June 19, 2008, 11:06:58 AM
Martin Reilly's had his nose broken in that incident. The ref, Gerry Sheridan was hit after the game by a Ballinagh supporter. Assaulting officials seems to be a problem among Ballinagh supporters. Again the club is let down by one idiot. Killygarry have put together a fine run of form.

Are you serious? Hadn't heard anything about that.

Mr. Pain

Yep, Mr. Pain also heard that Gerry Sheridan was assaulted by a Ballinagh "supporter". It was a brave man to do it as Gerry is a big fcuker! It seems that that same section of Ballinagh "supporters" are still giving the club a bad name. Mr. Pain was also informed of Reilly's broken nose and was told that Tomas Leonard was unlucky to be sent off as Rory Brennan ducked into the the tackle thus getting a skite in the head rather than the shoulder.

Disclaimer: Don't take Mr. Pain's word for it as this is only second hand information.

Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

cavan4ever

Drung were beat by Drumlane last night.  Another masterclass of referering by Packie.  He is another ref that does be lucky not to get a slap, not that i condone hitting referee's.

BallyhaiseMan

as Homer said Crosserlough hammered us last night, we were atrocious.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 19, 2008, 12:24:29 PM

:D :D :D nothing changes    :D :D  from tripe to tripe BHM ;) ;)

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on June 19, 2008, 12:32:45 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 19, 2008, 12:24:29 PM

:D :D :D nothing changes    :D :D  from tripe to tripe BHM ;) ;)

damn thats like a dagger through the Heart Maxi,  :(
Im utterly distraught now.

Lawrence of Knockbride

I heard pretty similar to what Mr. Pain said but in addition McCarthy and the Ballinagh umpire made their feelings known when Maguire got sent off with McCarthy getting a yellow and the umpire being sent off. Also I heard that Gerry Sheridan wanted to call the guards following the assault (him being a guard also) but was convinced otherwise. It happened up outside the dressing rooms and Morris is well pissed off with the culprit. What's the story with the Gaels result does anyone know?

Homer

Was just filled in on the story there last night, a third party account so possibly not completely accurate.

I won't be naming names but I must say I'm surprised at the offender in question as it seems very out of character for him.

Allegedly, after the game Sheridan was just after leaving the pitch when said individual approached him and began remonstrating with him, the two exchanged words and before the Ballinagh man gave him a puck in the chest. Sheridan grabbed him and put him against the wall but after a short while the two were separated. Apparently the villain later apologised to Sheridan who in turn accepted it.

Again I wasn't present but my source seemed very surprised as it was well-accepted that Killygarry were fully deserved of the win.

It truly depresses me to see the name of the club tarnished through the idiotic actions of grown men who should know a lot better. Some hefty repercussions could be on the way for Ballinagh  :'(

cavanmaniac

Ballinagh seem to be getting a reputation for this type of thing, admittedly based on just two incidents I'm aware of but unfortunately that's all it takes. Every club has its lunatics...

BallyhaiseMan

Ive always stayed out of any Ballinagh bashing because of the histories of incidents between players of our respective clubs, on the field and off it aswell!!!!

They do have a few middle-aged supporters that are loud mouths and very aggressive which ive seen at a fair few games as a neutral.Its only a few individuals who are doing the hundreds of other club members a disservice and blackening the clubs name by their actions.

Hollow Man

I hear Martin Reilly had his nose broken as well...

The CCC came down hard here but to be fair, once can be excused but two "assaults" on an official and the club shoud be hit with a suspension.