Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 11, 2008, 11:05:52 AM
I was hoping that someone would come back and tell me that I was wrong and that we had more  than 20 togged out against westmeath. Just goes to show you what a mess Keoghan is making of the job. It is way too late bringing in new midfielders now. Is Walsh still on the panel cos as far as I can see we need him in there as he's the best we have at the moment. I also think there is a good chance Ros will turn us over next week.

Jesus H Christ. Now Myles we know where you stand on Keogan but please tell me you're having a laugh on this one. One week after we roll Cork, a vital match against W/meath which was winnable and only 20 togged out. Surely not. Am I the only one noticing that quite a few of our Gaels Superstars are not on/have left the panel. Eamon Reilly not called back, Walsh/Rabbitte/Lyng.............perhaps they don't quite appreciate DK's somewhat homespun approach to things..................there's a lot more to this than meets the eye and I'd reckon, not for the first time, that certain players not without blame.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mylestheslasher

Well because the championship is just around the corner and these guys, through no fault of their own, have missed out on about 6 months of training. They probably wouldn't do themselves justice on the county team now if they got a chance. In fairness, the midfielders that are on the panel haven't had much of a chance to shine either thanks to our great leader. It just seems to be such a total mess. It is a sad sad state of affairs when the best we can hope for is to beat Antrim - and i'd seriously doubt we will do that. Any idea why Galligan is gone from the panel? Or who the rest of the players that left are?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: anglocelt39 on April 11, 2008, 12:15:09 PM
I was hoping that someone would come back and tell me that I was wrong and that we had more  than 20 togged out against westmeath. Just goes to show you what a mess Keoghan is making of the job. It is way too late bringing in new midfielders now. Is Walsh still on the panel cos as far as I can see we need him in there as he's the best we have at the moment. I also think there is a good chance Ros will turn us over next week.

Jesus H Christ. Now Myles we know where you stand on Keogan but please tell me you're having a laugh on this one. One week after we roll Cork, a vital match against W/meath which was winnable and only 20 togged out. Surely not. Am I the only one noticing that quite a few of our Gaels Superstars are not on/have left the panel. Eamon Reilly not called back, Walsh/Rabbitte/Lyng.............perhaps they don't quite appreciate DK's somewhat homespun approach to things..................there's a lot more to this than meets the eye and I'd reckon, not for the first time, that certain players not without blame.

Just putting forward what I heard from a reliable source. Maybe some players are also to blame - I don't know. What I do know is who's responsibility it is to keep the panel together and to keep players motivated. We've seen how Keoghan handled the Chicago 3, Gaynor, Larry etc so if I were a betting man i'd say that this is of his making and that is what my contact tells me too.

Hollow Man

It's common knowledge why one of those Gaels lads isn't back.

Jesus, what a joke when you think about it...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Hollow Man on April 11, 2008, 01:16:26 PM
It's common knowledge why one of those Gaels lads isn't back.

Jesus, what a joke when you think about it...

Its not that common cos I don't know what you are talking about. Fill me in...

Lawrence of Knockbride

I can't shed much light on this but I did take the chance to watch the team warm up. The subs had bibs on and I would've thought there were more than five. I also thought I spotted Rabbitte but couldn't be sure. He was named on the programme which I acknowledge isn't reliable. Rory seems to be gone as he played for his club last week and wasn't listed on the programme. Good old reliable Rory-he plays poorly in about 6 games in a row and once he's dropped he's gone. I think I remember this happening before. So tell us then, what's this obvious news about the boys that have left that I also haven't heard about?

Homer

I'm fairly sure that Rabbitte is still in there, and if he isn't I'm sure it's because he has been fully fit for the past few weeks and still hasn't been given a run. Lyng and Rory Donohoe are definitely gone and it's rumored that apart from being injured Pierson has also left the panel.

shotstopper1

Did Rabbitte not play with the Gaels Sat evening v Cuchullains?

BallyhaiseMan

im delighted Michael McDonald ixs in the panel, but too little too late im afraid, hes missed 6 months of intense County Training, i cant think he will be fit enough for anything other than substitute appearances unless hes been training very hard on his own.

as for the news on why the players left

Rumours around that Darren Rabbitte was going to leave the panel due to him stuyding,i believe hes still there though.

Nicholas Walsh is on the panel and was among the subs for the Cork game.Hes probably working his way ba ck to fitness as hes months behind the rest of the panel.

Havent heard anything about Pierson

Mr. Pain

Now now Hollow Man, Mr. Pain thinks it's best if you don't answer that one. Mr. Pain has a feeling he knows what you are talking about. Best leave it be. If the man in question knows himself, then it was up to him to do something about it, and Mr. Pain has killed for less.
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

BallyhaiseMan

anyone PM me this news that MrPain and HM are referring to? Obviously has no place in a public forum.

Hollow Man

Davitt Man

Quote from: cavan4sam on April 11, 2008, 11:34:42 AM

Why do you think its too late? We all agree that the midfielders that are there at the minute aren't up to it so why not at least have a look at these guys?

What about Colin O'Hara for midfield. He was in there a few years back for trials. I think he is back with kildallon?

BallyhaiseMan

i thought he was a full back Davitt Man, i dont know very much about him though, Is it true he struggled to get on the Kildare club team he played with?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 11, 2008, 03:40:23 PM
anyone PM me this news that MrPain and HM are referring to? Obviously has no place in a public forum.

Yeh, me too!