Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakLeaf

I've added a new Live Scores feature to GAA Radio. If you're at any Cavan club games it'd be good if you could text score updates to 447624804328. This service is free for everyone to view at http://www.gaaradio.com/scores/liveScores.jsp . Thanks.

LackenLegend

Lads, Cavan v Monaghan Sat night. What ye think? Funny statement about Larry Reilly by Keogan on the Hoganstand i must say.
Timmmmy!

mylestheslasher

Unfortunately I think we will struggle to beat Monaghan on Saturday. They should be too good for us around the middle to start with. The fact that it is a Derby match and it is in Breffni does give me some hope but I think we would need to start with a fit Lyng, Flanagan and Sean Brady to compete with them. I expect there should be a good home support and a good athmosphere so hopefully we can really tear into them from the start. I expect Monaghan to win by 2/3 points.

Sad in a way to see Larry out but in fairness we need to move on. Larry was a great servant for Cavan and a great entertainer. As for Keoghans cryptic statement - who knows what he is going on about.

cavan4ever

It said in the Star Yesterday that McKeever is back for tomorrow night. 

Can anyone confirm this?

anglocelt39

Hope  Mckeever is back alright, think it was a four week suspension he picked up against Down so should be just about up now. No sign of Sheridan or Flanagan to line out for DCU during the week, Lyng played a full game along with Johnston. Hannon lined out for DCU which is good, he seemed a bit off the pace against Armagh. Some sort of rumor that big Dermot might be seen tomorrow?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

anglocelt39

Hope  Mckeever is back alright, think it was a four week suspension he picked up against Down so should be just about up now. No sign of Sheridan or Flanagan to line out for DCU during the week, Lyng played a full game along with Johnston. Hannon lined out for DCU which is good, he seemed a bit off the pace against Armagh. Some sort of rumor that big Dermot might be seen tomorrow?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Homer

McKeever was suspended on 22nd January for 4 weeks so it won't be up til the 19th February.

Homer

Jesus lads have a look at our newest member!

Don't be shy Larry.

Mr. Pain

Mr. Pain's sources have told him Mckeever won't even be at the match as he is in New York with his missus. We have to make do with what we have. Beat the Farneys and get the league going. It is a tough game but if we lose we could have an uphill battle the rest of the league. Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Homer on February 15, 2008, 10:32:19 AM
Jesus lads have a look at our newest member!

Don't be shy Larry.

Lawrence of Knockbride - could it be that Larry is amongst us.

cavanmaniac

Look above in top right corner TTB, in the latest members box.

I don't know if Larry's arrival is a good thing. He'll just hog all the debate to himself and go on mad runs refusing to pass!

cavanmaniac

A bit of wrongbuttonitis, happens us all....

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavanmaniac on February 15, 2008, 11:23:50 AM
Look above in top right corner TTB, in the latest members box.

I don't know if Larry's arrival is a good thing. He'll just hog all the debate to himself and go on mad runs refusing to pass!

Yeh, but then he'll come out with one beauty and we'll all be shouting "GO ON LAAAAAAARRRRRRY"

cavanmaniac

Or my personal favourite:

"Gwan Laaaarry, shkin the hoor!"

cavanmaniac

All the same, isn't it funny how we get all misty-eyed for players when we feel they're about to retire, after giving out alot about them when they were playing.

Larry had many faults but he was one of the most dangerous forwards in the country on his day, which he sadly had very opportunities to show with Cavan after 1997.