Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

He'll find it difficult to break onto the team at this stage. Donohoe went for lots of size and power off the bench last week, sounds like he'd add to that. It's a strong squad. I dont think there's any superstars but lots of lads with a good skill level and an excellent work ethic.

We need to be a bit more solid when we are coming out with possession.  At least twice in the last two games we have given away possession with untidy passes in our own half back line.

Cavan19

Quote from: Westside on April 13, 2022, 01:30:01 PM
He'll find it difficult to break onto the team at this stage. Donohoe went for lots of size and power off the bench last week, sounds like he'd add to that. It's a strong squad. I dont think there's any superstars but lots of lads with a good skill level and an excellent work ethic.

We need to be a bit more solid when we are coming out with possession.  At least twice in the last two games we have given away possession with untidy passes in our own half back line.

There isn't a hope that he will even be on the panel next week lads.

Westside

Quote from: Cavan19 on April 13, 2022, 01:45:17 PM

Pity that. Did he also miss his year at Minor through injury?

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on April 13, 2022, 02:12:37 PM

Speaking of big lads, yer man that has been coming on for the U20s is some size of young lad. Caolan Reilly I think he is

Dreadnought

Wasn't it only something small that saw him miss the Derry game? Think Donohoe said he's looking to have a nearly full squad available for next weekend. If he's fit, I'd see him on the squad

Cavan19

Quote from: Dreadnought on April 13, 2022, 03:20:12 PM

Wasn't it only something small that saw him miss the Derry game? Think Donohoe said he's looking to have a nearly full squad available for next weekend. If he's fit, I'd see him on the squad

I don't think the fitness is there he was pretty anonymous from what i heard but its great that he is back playing anyway.

Westside

Quote from: Itchy on April 13, 2022, 03:15:37 PM

Speaking of big lads, yer man that has been coming on for the U20s is some size of young lad. Caolan Reilly I think he is

Yeah he's huge. And can play ball too. He was outstanding against Derry. Tough to change a winning team but there's a couple of starters that will be looking over their shoulder.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Itchy on April 13, 2022, 03:15:37 PM

Aye big lad as well, he was good when he came on, got a point quickly, and was generally involved in upping things a bit when needed to see that game out. He's played a bit of Senior football with Mullahoran last year so should start to come on a bit more the next while. A good option to come on.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Cavan19 on April 13, 2022, 03:38:04 PM
Quote from: Dreadnought on April 13, 2022, 03:20:12 PM

I don't think the fitness is there he was pretty anonymous from what i heard but its great that he is back playing anyway.

Not so sure about that, to be honest. He seems to be used as an option off the bench earlier in the league. Saying that, the squad will be strong for next weekend. Potentially likes of Ryan Brady, and Caoimhin McGovern among others who came back after injury to play with clubs last week. A few weeks of training and they might be in with a sniff of the panel for the final.

rodney trotter

Dara McVeety was back playing with Crosserlough last year. They were poor last year, but he will likely give them a lift .

Seniors ,U20s and Minors in action next weekend.  Maybe Antrim in Corrige Park will obviously be a tough game but winnable.  Tyrone Minors have been hammering teams in the league but obviously different in championship.  The u20s should give it a good rattle.

Westside

Crosserlough are flying. McVeety being back will be a big boost. Any word on whether he's home for good? I thought it would be funny if he was playing games if he's only home on a holiday.

I'd be surprised if we win the U20 game. Tyrone look very strong especially up front.
Hard to know with the Minors, we have been going well but Tyrone away is probably the toughest draw. Is there still a back door in the Minor Championship?

Dreadnought

Quote from: Westside on April 17, 2022, 02:28:43 PM
Crosserlough are flying. McVeety being back will be a big boost. Any word on whether he's home for good? I thought it would be funny if he was playing games if he's only home on a holiday.

I'd be surprised if we win the U20 game. Tyrone look very strong especially up front.
Hard to know with the Minors, we have been going well but Tyrone away is probably the toughest draw. Is there still a back door in the Minor Championship?

Lot of stuff flying around about McVeety. Some say he's back fully, some say he's just back for a few weeks. I've heard he is heading back for a short period to sort out his affairs there, but will be back after that to Ireland properly. He has transferred clubs. You don't do that if only home for a few weeks. Think he'll be a huge addition back to Crosserlough. He's apparently kept himself in good shape. Would love to see him give Cavan another rattle too, he's still a good age to see some more good years out of him. Only thing is the commitment. Hard to go back to that lifestyle after being out of it for 3 years

rodney trotter

Back for good I'd say . He's a teacher, will probaly return to that in September.

Killygarry have been going poor in the league,missing a few County players but so are a number of clubs

Westside

Would Crosserlough be favourites for Championship now? Best player in the county back on board, James Smith fit, Paddy Lynch stepped up to another level. Renewwd hunger after last year's dip. They potentially look stronger than 2020.

Pity all 3 teams are out this weekend. Would have been nice to spread the games over a few weeks.

rodney trotter

They have Adrian Smith back also. He had a good year in 2020, in the full forward line. Gowna should be thereabouts again,. Sean McEvoy will be a big loss for Ramor, Conor Bradley transferring back might make up for the loss of McEvoy.

Padraig Moore back paying with Ballyhaise. A good forward,he was in Dubai for a couple of years.

Yes a lot of action.  Seniors and Minors both in different venues on Saturday