Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomsmithson

I wonder how we posters can help Liam and Terry get promotion next year. I think that if we call came up with a idea then the management could pick the best 1. Maybe offer a prize for the winning idea. I will get the ball rolling . My idea would be to have 4 divisional teams without county players. Terry could manage 1 liam another anthony 1 as well and maybe Steven king could take 1 also. This could happen in a few weeks and it's a great way of spotting talent. My own club Cavan Gaels are willing to take part with our neighbours drumalee and killygarry and butlersbridge and Ballinagh . What is your idea for helping liam and terry? Is it a good enough idea to be considered for first prize? Let's here the ideas keep them coming

Tomsmithson

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on October 21, 2014, 11:00:17 PM
Quote from: Tomsmithson on October 21, 2014, 05:17:00 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on October 13, 2014, 01:51:13 PM
Massive achievement  for Joe McQuillan. A senior championship title with Gaels to add to his All Ireland for Dublin.
.        A serious forum????? With comments like that? Who the hell do you think you are to tell me where to go?

You come out with the The "p**ck Molloy",and you're talking about Mr deeds comment.
None of us believe for one second you're a Gaels clubman either.                                                                                                                                       I ment to write the brick Molloy . Did you no the brick molloys father was called the block molloy? Yous are quick to critise but I don't see any of yous offering liam and Terry any help. I think terry brought liam in . Hope liam can pick up mickey lyng for training on a Tuesday and Thursday nite in Mayo and maybe drop he back too. And other lads around collage in Sligo could travel with liam too.

comeysfield

Tomsmithson

Quote from: comeysfield on October 22, 2014, 10:11:42 AM
Son, Just Please Go Away
try and add something constructive when you post.

mrdeeds

I see he's done the whole christmas party on main page. How long till he starts withbwe should set up a panel to pick the senior team and his discovery of David Givney. WUM of the highest order.

Tomsmithson

The divisional round robin is the way forward I think. We could play it in a while of a day say up the barrack hill. 4 teams 3 games. Unearth some new talent and away to Donals for a few pints after. Donal would always trow up a bowel of stew and it would be a chance for genuine supporters to meat with Liam and Terry.   Maybe a suggestion box on the counter for things we would like to see done in the future or players that should get a spin out with the seniors. All cash collected could go towards bonding weekends . I no times are tite .

comeysfield

Quote from: Tomsmithson on October 22, 2014, 10:16:13 AM
Quote from: comeysfield on October 22, 2014, 10:11:42 AM
Son, Just Please Go Away
try and add something constructive when you post.

WUM: This stands for Wind Up Merchant, just taking the opportunity to constructively point this out   

Westside

It's really hard to know what to expect from the coming year. To an extent we will once again become somewhat of an unknown quantity which will be a good thing. We will probably come out of our shells a bit more. I'd like to see us develop more hard runners, men off the shoulder breaking tackles.

At least now we know the best players in the county are around the panel, a few years ago there was little difference between the good club players and the county panel. Now the county players for the most part are really standing out in the club championship. I also think some difficult choices need to be made regarding Givney, Keating and possibly Gearoid and their places within the team.

rodney trotter

A good run by the Clubs in Ulster would be a boost ahead of 2015.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on October 22, 2014, 06:10:20 PM
It's really hard to know what to expect from the coming year. To an extent we will once again become somewhat of an unknown quantity which will be a good thing. We will probably come out of our shells a bit more. I'd like to see us develop more hard runners, men off the shoulder breaking tackles.

At least now we know the best players in the county are around the panel, a few years ago there was little difference between the good club players and the county panel. Now the county players for the most part are really standing out in the club championship. I also think some difficult choices need to be made regarding Givney, Keating and possibly Gearoid and their places within the team.

I get the feeling that some of the players you have mentioned are starting to believe the hype. Its not that long ago we had some average footballer swaning around the place like they were gods gift. We got rid of that when Terry came along and although I am not accusing these 3 players of that, it is worth noting that what they did in 2013 is now old news and a big effort is needed again from them. I'm not convinced on McHale and the more I hear in the west the less I like but he is there now so good luck to him. I hope he can bring the change in style we need.

mrdeeds

rodney trotter

Unusual for a winning team not to even have a player selected. Declan Meehan was very good for the Gaels throughout the Championship.

comeysfield

Very Surprised no Gaels man in the senior player Seamus Clarke is a decent lad but how he is there ahead of even Johnston or Meehan is a surprise. Would think Hessin  is an absolute shoe in at Intermediate with Morris my pick at Junior

rodney trotter

Mchale had a big say' in Kilmurray reaching the All Ireland club final in 2010, the first club from Clare to do so, and a big role in St Brigids winning the All Ireland in 2012,
It must have a while ago when he had this poor spell as club manager in the west,  because he has been no 2 for a good while, and doing well at it.

Western Blue

The word in Mayo is that the players wanted nothing to do with Liam McHale. He was very outspoken about the 2014 players on local radio down here and on Off the Ball. I think Terry must have had a word a word with Michael McDermott who is from Kill/Coothill and who managed Clare and Kilmurray with McHale as his no 2.   Hopefully he will bring something to the table? Will he get along with Anthony Forde .will he have a say with team selections too?