Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

If Lyng plays I would put money that he will be left inside with Givney. Jack Brady will come out and play a deeper role. Lyng is a good passer but no way is he a like for like replacement for Mackey or anything close. He won't break the tackle. Argue is the right call and will give us an out if things aren't working in the middle. Seems a shame Enda Reilly isnt on the panel, playing great for the Juniors.

rodney trotter

I think its a strong enough team without using Juniors players. They have an All Ireland Semi so would be nice win that competition,  not like Cavan are going to win Sam this year

I was comparing Lyng and Mackey for passing ability, lyng probaly cant break the tackle , that was evident against Donegal in 2011. If he gets room he will deliver a good pass. Jack Brady will probaly roam out again, played his best football inside with the u21 in 2011 being used further out since that.

rodney trotter

Lyng was one of Cavans best performers today so much for him not being up to it. Kicked 3 lovely scores, ,linked well too . Jack Brady showed well ,didnt get enough ball. Thought Killian Brady worked hard, Maloney Derham and McGlaughlin. Very lucky John Heslin missed a very handy free towards the end. Good to get a win anyway

Old yeller

So what would be the best draw for Cavan in the next round of the qualifiers?

Itchy

Quote from: Old yeller on June 28, 2014, 09:05:01 PM
So what would be the best draw for Cavan in the next round of the qualifiers?

I don't think we will win unless we get Clare.

Duckquay

Hard to know what to take out of that bar being in the next round. Good call playing Martin Reilly as sweeper, his reading of the game and mobility on and off the ball was a big plus. McLoughlin was the pick of the defence IMO. Big Duffy at midfield completely nullified Gearoid until he got injured and had to go off. Lying showed well but missed equally as much as he scored. Jack was our best player, looked to have a bit more confidence in himself. Givney was absolutely dire in the first half but came out second half and struck a peach of a point on the outside of the right. He showed good hands for the goal too but aside from those two moments did little else of note. It's scary how much we miss Mackey and the different dimension he gives us with ball in hand.

rodney trotter

First bit  play of when Mackey came on, he broke a tackle and was unluky to send the shot wide. He looks like he could shed a pound or 2 though, clearly not at the fitness of last year, as he had lots of niggling injuries this year.

Jack Brady wasn't used enough imo, was very lively when he did get the right ball, some of the balls played in by McDermott and Argue he had no chance of getting. I though both players worked hard all the same, Argue got a great score in the second half and probaly should have been brought to midfield when Mckiernan was struggling.

Western Blue

Can somebody tell when are the Cavan Junior Team  playing Warwickshire in the All Ireland Semi Final and the Venue. Cant find details anywhere?

Blue06

Can somebody tell when are the Cavan Junior Team  playing Warwickshire in the All Ireland Semi Final and the Venue. Cant find details anywhere?

Warwickshire were beaten in the British Final today by Scotland.

So its Scotland we will be playing in the semi final.

rodney trotter

The All Ireland Junior Semi against Kerry in 2012 was in the second week of August, probaly the same again this year. Sligo and Kerry are the other Semi finalists this year.

Western Blue

Well done Scotland . As we have played all our games away in Leinster, do we now get a Home fixture in Cavan or do we have travel to Scotland. Venue ? Parkhead or Ibrox the venue with an all ticket match/sell out?

rodney trotter

No away, Murrayfield has a bigger capacity then Parkhaed or Ibrox, so it will probaly be there,

Zulu

Game is on August 9th, almost certainly in Edinburgh. Let me know if any of you are coming over and need help with Accomodation. It's comedy festival time then so Accomodation will become very expensive the longer you leave it.

comeysfield

RTE radio quality not great when I was travelling to work but we got Roscommon and I think it was at home (not 100% sure). So a 50 /50 game. The good pieces on Saturday was the work rate Martin Reilly as sweeper worked but would like to see him  a bit further forward. Argue worked and half forward line worked their socks off. Damien O'Reilly needs to think faster, Gearoids form is still dubious, Mackey did one good thing and then could have lost us the game while trying to be a bit flash. He is a stone away from Senior County football so we are probably going to have to just forget about him this year

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...