Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Rodney - I didn't accuse you of hiding your club either, even in the bit you bizarrely quoted me on above. I thought you might be a Gaels man but acknowledged that I didn't recall you ever saying.

As for Clarke, ye are are all entitled to your opinions of course but I think ye are completely over rating the lad.

cogito

Clarke is a top 5 forward in my opinion. I have to say though you wouldn't get to see his real class by watching games on the tele and to be fair I'd say a lot of posters here haven't seen a whole lot of him in the flesh. . At games the intelligence and frequency of his runs is incredible.

rodney trotter

I've seen him 4 times before myself in the flesh, the All Ireland Club final replay last year in Breffni, the Ulster Club Final in breffni with Cross in 2010 the year Swad were in the final. and the All Ireland Club final against Crokes in 09. I also say him play against DCU in a Ryan Cup game for UUJ in 09. He was a class act each time Imo

Yet to see him with Armagh, but saw enough of him ob tv. The league game this year alone against Longford, was something else. Although Longford were poor during the league , losing all 7 games.

Very few natural forwards like him.

mylestheslasher

Well maybe you are right, I haven't seen a huge amount of him but you are rating him in the same league as a lot of exceptional players, all stars etc which is what I am sceptical off. Maybe I will change my opinion after the 19th.

cogito

scoopmine

Clarke is top 5 in ulster without doubt his goal threat alone would have him up there. I actually would have him over Mcfadden but behind Murphy and SON.

rodney trotter

My second post on this forum which was in 2010 said I was from lacken.  I also commented on lots of Lacken games since then, bit obvious I would have thought.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 27, 2013, 10:10:19 PM
My second post on this forum which was in 2010 said I was from lacken.  I also commented on lots of Lacken games since then, bit obvious I would have thought.

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on April 28, 2013, 12:41:31 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on April 27, 2013, 10:10:19 PM

At least Tommy knows what I look like ;)

No idea what you look like yourself Tommy, ya never revealed your club.

Westside

Chap on Boards claiming the whole team were drinking on their bonding weekend... I'd be shocked if this was true. Anyone know enough to put that to bed?

tommysmith

rodney trotter

Eejet, Athlone has some of the best Sports facilities in Ireland. Lots of County team have went their in the past for team bonding/training weekends. Incidentally Armagh were away last weekend for a bonding/training weekend That's not going to have any effect by the 19th of May, a tough slog now is beter than a few days before the game, they will obviously ease off in the next few weeks likewise Cavan.
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056198368

Good luck to St Pats in the Semi final of the Brock Cup today against St Pat's Maghera

Babe Ruth 47

Itchy

Cavan and Meath have a challenge game on Friday evening.

Well done to st pats?

Anyone know is our minor game against Armagh on the same day as the seniors.

Itchy

Alan Clarke named as captain for the championship!