Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Could anyone come up up with a strong 15 players that would be good enough for County football?, and not the 15 that played against Kildare, not that some of them aren't good enough...

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 20, 2012, 12:51:52 PM
Could anyone come up up with a strong 15 players that would be good enough for County football?, and not the 15 that played against Kildare, not that some of them aren't good enough...

1. James Farrelly
2. Damien Barkey
3. Rory Dunne
4. Killian Clarke
5. Ciarain Galligan
6. Alan Clarke
7. joshua hayes
8. John McCutcheon
9. Niall McKiernan
10. Niall Smith
11. Gearoid McKiernan
12. Barry Reily
13. Jack Brady
14. Declan McKiernan
15. Eugene Keating

Without thinking to much thats what i came up with.

tommysmith

I see the Gaels are playing in the Kilmacud 7's this weekend i would expect them to do well in that if they take it serious.

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on September 20, 2012, 01:57:58 PM
I see the Gaels are playing in the Kilmacud 7's this weekend i would expect them to do well in that if they take it serious.

They would be capable of winning it, Kilmacud would probaly be the favs, Rory O Carrol, Cian O Sullivan, Kevin Nolan Mark Vaughann would be full of running.

A list of players i saw this year who didn't feature against Kildare but are playing decent stuff at club level,

1.James Farrelly - Kingscourt

2.Colin Lynch - Crosserlough3.Rory Dunne - Redhills 4. Killian Brady - Mullahoran

5. Paul McEvoy - Crosserlough 6. Alan Clark - Kinsgcourt 7. Barry Tully - Kingscourt

8. Niall McKiernan 9.John McCutheon

10. Michael Cunnigham - Swanlinbar 11. Barry Reilly -  Kingscourt - Cootehill 12. Mark Teevan - Belturbet

13. Mark Mullen - Cootehill 14. Ray Galligan - Lacken 15. Oisin O Connell - Castlerahan

Wouldn't expect all of them to be on the county panel next year but they are worth a trial in the Mckenna Cup. Ray Galligan has been there before but i think he is worth another try. Few other players like Niall Murray who i'd rate but he isn't playing much ball with the Gaels these days, quality player, Oisin Moynagh when he is fully fit and Declan Mckiernan would be others who would probaly be close to the strongest team when they are fully fit. Left out Declan Barkey as he would probaly be on the strongest 15.

tommysmith

Michael Cunnigham - Swanlinbar - I forgot about him i think Swad have the strongest midfield pairing in the county.

Celt_Man

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 20, 2012, 04:39:27 PM
They would be capable of winning it, Kilmacud would probaly be the favs, Rory O Carrol, Cian O Sullivan, Kevin Nolan Mark Vaughann would be full of running.

A list of players i saw this year who didn't feature against Kildare but are playing decent stuff at club level,

2.Colin Lynch - Crosserlough3.Rory Dunne - Redhills 4. Killian Brady - Mullahoran

5. Paul McEvoy - Crosserlough 6. Alan Clark - Kinsgcourt 7. Barry Tully - Kingscourt

10. Michael Cunnigham - Swanlinbar 11. Barry Reilly -  Kingscourt - Cootehill 12. Mark Teevan - Belturbet

13. Mark Mullen - Cootehill 14. Ray Galligan - Lacken 15. Oisin O Connell - Castlerahan

Is that fecker transferring???  ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Celt_Man on September 20, 2012, 09:59:51 PM

I think its a new amalgamation.

Celt_Man

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 20, 2012, 10:04:21 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on September 20, 2012, 09:59:51 PM

I think its a new amalgamation.

Don't get me started on those boyos!!

rodney trotter

Ha I'd say he will stick it out with Kingscourt till the county final, :D then again if he was able to play senior and intermediate with different clubs i doubt Cootehill would mind, swad would be for a shock...

PhilsJemmysField

BallyhaiseMan

Celt Man is very quiet these days.
Cute-hoorism at play,
Wait until you see him predicting Lacken by 15 points anyday now.

Prediction time lads

Senior
Kingscourt by 5

Intermediate
Its going to be very close in my opinion,
Lacken by 1

Junior
Mountnugent by 3

tommysmith

kingscourt by 6
Cootehill by 4
Laragh by 2

rodney trotter

Think Kingscourt will win Sunday,. Mullahoran have done well to get to the final, they weren't that impressive in the group games, hammered cucu's in the final group game but they were already out. They are always tough to beat in any game, so it won't be easy for Kingscourt. Kingscourt by 2.

Lacken will need to improve to beat Cootehill, probaly should have been beaten in the replay. Crosserlough played better faster football. Cootehill have lots of pace, they will cause problems for Lacken, without 2 regular backs for the final. If Niall Mckiernan gets the better of McCutcheon that could shade it, McCutcheon has been class for Cootehill in the last few games.

Haven't seen laragh play this year, so I have no Idea what they are like. Mountnugent looked good last week, some good players like the Caffrey's, Thomas Brady and the County man Givney

Celt_Man

I'm saying nothin!!

So Denn have topped Division 2 as Drung gave them a walkover last night in their final game.  They now play one of the teams in Div 1 for a playoff to go Senior Championship and Division 1 next year....

Anyway considering how important the league was this year, I haven't seen so many Walkovers given in Div 2 in the last ten years....

rodney trotter

Poor game of Football today, the ref seemed to favour Mullahoran in a few calls, maybe revenge for the way Kingscourt won 2 years, him being from Cavan Gaels.

Paul Brady had a brillant game for Mullahoran but won't be available for the replay. Massive loss. Mullahoran got 2 late free in the 3 minutes added on from Enda Reilly, He was very good aswell. Cool head for a young player. Barry Reilly was very quiet, well marked, got some nice free's but i'd expect him to be better the next day, and Kingscourt overall, as they were poor today. Mullahoran played most of the football, leading by 5pts at one stage in the first half. Overall poor standard of football.