Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on April 17, 2012, 09:00:26 PM
Any of you lads going on saturday the game in now all ticket.

Im going anyway.

Denn Forever

From HS.  Don't know how well they are going in Cavan.

fredrickwood
County: Roscommon

1154718  Roscommon sold out their allocation this afternoon.How are they selling in Cavan?
A limited number still available online I believe. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

cogito

Very disappointed to game wont be on TV now as I am down in Wexford this weekend. Disaster.

What's people gut feeling with regards to Terry coming in? Will the panel remain unchanged or will there be some tweaking?

rodney trotter

I heard Terry Hyland on newstalk and he didn't seem that keen on getting johnston back. From reading hoganstand you would think he would have Johnston back on panel straight away but it wasn't like that. He said Johnston has pushed so far with the Kildare move that it would be hard for him to be involved. He said if he got back playing with the Gaels he might have some hope, but i think that would be if Johnston was to involved with Cavan next year. He has been set on playing for Kildare the last few months so it would look very strange tbh if it did happen ie being involved this year.

cavanmaniac

Shame about TG4 but I can see why they're showing Dubs v Cork...both counties have a large urban centre and therefore a bigger audience to sell TV adverts to which means they can charge advertisers more and make some more cash. A commercial reality unfortunately but they have to make their money and cover costs somehow...

tommysmith

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 17, 2012, 11:16:44 PM
From HS.  Don't know how well they are going in Cavan.

fredrickwood
County: Roscommon

1154718  Roscommon sold out their allocation this afternoon.How are they selling in Cavan?
A limited number still available online I believe.

Please stop posting crap from Hoganstand.

mylestheslasher

The very best of luck to our U21's tomorrow. Its going to be tough but I think if we play to our potential we can come out with a win. Everyone should make a big effort to get out and support the lads.

Ollie

Very disappointing result. Cavan didnt perform anywhere near their capabilities. Wasted a lot of possession throughout the game and didnt play with the passion and determination which they showed during the Ulster Championship.

tommysmith

Mistakes were costly today.

tierworker blue

We never got going...pity, 'cause bad and all as we were, with 3 minutes left there was a result to be had. Ah well...

Denn Forever

Pity but we seemed a bit out of it.  Best of luck to Roscommon.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Hard luck to the U21s today, they've still done us proud but they will be disappointed they didn't play to their potential. I don't buy this "best team by far won" line. Roscommon played very negative tactics  and we also had a ref from Meath (a joke in itself, you can't have a ref from either province for fear of bias yet you can let a Meath p***k like that lad ref this game!!) who did not give Cavan fair play. Jack Brady hauled down for a blatant penalty when we were a goal up. Pulling one foul hand pass the whole game in the middle of a Cavan attack etc etc. Another disgraceful performance by a ref. Cavan really struggled to find their inside line due to the blanket defense. Saying this we dominated possession for the last 20 minutes. Turning point was a great goal chance miss from Lynch when we were a goal down, poor miss. Tierneys 2nd goal was class and I thought we might get a chance but an unfortunate error by the keeper won the game for Ros. In fairness to Ros they had a game plan and stuck to it and it worked well for them but for me if we played them tomorrow we'd beat them.

Anyone on the terrace today. What a kip of a terrace, can't see the near side line of the pitch.

gortnaleck

Captain Obvious

In fairness Roscommon didn't defend much different than Cavan did during the Ulster championship. Their midfield,half backs were better than yours and seemed to want it more. To get only four scores in semi final is a poor return for Ulster champion and Cavan really can't have many complaints as they were beaten by the better side on the day.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: hardstation on April 21, 2012, 10:10:23 PM
Hyland out??

Check out the hoganstand.com/cavan forum and ill bet some of those muppets are already sharpening tge knives