Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

McKeever tweeting about being a benchwarmer.. Half joking from the context but shows he feels he's not getting a chance.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on February 12, 2012, 10:50:20 PM
McKeever tweeting about being a benchwarmer.. Half joking from the context but shows he feels he's not getting a chance.

According to some bucko on Hoganstand McKeever is gone from the panel now. What in the name of God is going on in that set-up, looks like the manager has totally lost control. I am all for a clear out and support the managers right to do it but it looks to me like something is going seriously wrong and maybe Andrews is just not up to this. The county board want to be seen to be backing the management but at this stage maybe they should step in.

Breffni_Yank

None of our players made the Ulster squad anyway..No surprises there.

1. Brendan McVeigh (Down)
2. Brendan Donaghy (Armagh)
3. Neil Magee (Donegal)
4. Karl Lacey (Donegal)
5. Ciaran McKeever (Armagh)
6. Darren Hughes (Monaghan) Captain
7. James Loughery (Antrim)
8. Dan Gordan (Down)
9. Rory Kavanagh (Donegal)
10. Danny Hughes (Down)
11. Mark Poland (Down)
12. Peter Harte (Tyrone)
13. Martin Penrose (Tyrone)
14. Benny Colter (Down)
15. Owen Mulligan (Tyrone)

Subs
16. John Devine (Tyrone)
17. Joe McMahon (Tyrone)
18 Cathal McCarron (Tyrone)
19. Thomas McCann (Antrim)
20. Vincent Corey (Monaghan)
21. Owen Lennon (Monaghan)
22. Paul Finley (Monaghan)
23. Conleth Gilligan (Derry)
24. Ciaran Hughes (Monaghan)

Denn Forever

Was McKeever not one of the loose cannons a few years ago?

As someone said on Hoganstand, maybe Div 4 is our standard.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 14, 2012, 10:46:48 PM
Was McKeever not one of the loose cannons a few years ago?

As someone said on Hoganstand, maybe Div 4 is our standard.

No doubt he was in the past, but at the same time he has been training as hard as the rest of them and I find it hard to believe he is not considered good enough to make the team, same for mccutcheon.

Breffni_Yank

Division 4 is not our standard if we had our best team out.

Our young players  need older men in and around them. It is ridiculous to expect  what is basically an u22 team to go and beat the best pick from other counties.

If Tyrone started their u22 team they would struggled in Division 2 as would any other county in their respective division. We should be trying to mix a select few of our old with the new. Not completely alienate them from one another. 

BallyhaiseMan

Fill in the blanks lads,

The "outcast team"

2. Dermot Sheridan
4. Martin Cahill
5. John McCutcheon
6. Alan Clarke
7. Michael Hannon
10. Gareth Smith
11. Michael Lyng
12. Keith Fannin
13. Mark McKeever
14. Michael Brennan
15. Seanie   (  ;D )

Breffni_Yank

I rejigged the side a bit.

The "outcast team"

2. Dermot Sheridan
3. Anthony Gaynor
4. Martin Cahill
5. John McCutcheon
6. Alan Clarke
7. Michael Hannon
8. Lorcan Mulvey
9. Michael Brennan
10. Mark McKeever
11. Michael Lyng
12. Keith Fannin
13. Gareth Smith
14. Cian Mackey
15. Seanie   (   )

Now all we need is a keeper and we can set up a challenge match with against the Cavan team. All proceeds going to a good cause of course!

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on February 15, 2012, 01:53:16 AM

The "outcast team"

2. Dermot Sheridan
3. Anthony Gaynor
4. Martin Cahill
5. John McCutcheon
6. Alan Clarke
7. Michael Hannon
8. Lorcan Mulvey
9. Michael Brennan
10. Mark McKeever
11. Michael Lyng
12. Keith Fannin
13. Gareth Smith
14. Cian Mackey
15. Seanie   (   )

Now all we need is a keeper and we can set up a challenge match with against the Cavan team. All proceeds going to a good cause of course!

No idea how i forgot Mackey.
Mulvey is in London???? i think so he would probably not be an option in any case.

If you could get a decent midfield pairing, and make space for Brennan in the forwards,that outcast team would annihilate the current county side.

It just shows the talent that has been completely discarded with.

Breffni_Yank

Looks like we found our keeper BHM.

This was in today's Independent -

"Elswhere, Cavan boss Val Andrews has been hit with another setback after Cootehill defender John McCutcheon and Redhills goalkeeper Fintan Reilly both opted out of the senior panel."

Dougal

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on February 15, 2012, 01:53:16 AM

The "outcast team"

2. Dermot Sheridan
3. Anthony Gaynor
4. Martin Cahill
5. John McCutcheon
6. Alan Clarke
7. Michael Hannon
8. Lorcan Mulvey
9. Michael Brennan
10. Mark McKeever
11. Michael Lyng
12. Keith Fannin
13. Gareth Smith
14. Cian Mackey
15. Seanie   (   )

a good cause like helping to pay for a new manager after the current squad gets beat out the gate by this team.this has been looking like a farce for a while but its starting to spiral out of control all together.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Richiej

In an interview in the Celt Andrews talks of making progress. His idea of progress is we didn't lose to longford last Sunday by as much as we lost to them last summer. Yes I've been Andrews no1 critic. But lord does that statement not sum him up. This can't go on. There players walking off panel left right and centre. Something seriously wrong. Surely they all can't want to play with Kildare!!!!!

Denn Forever

That team looks very like last years team.  How did we do?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Swadman

I wonder could the "outcast team" play in the Leinster Junior Championship ? or is that happening again this year ?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Richiej on February 15, 2012, 12:00:58 PM
In an interview in the Celt Andrews talks of making progress. His idea of progress is we didn't lose to longford last Sunday by as much as we lost to them last summer. Yes I've been Andrews no1 critic. But lord does that statement not sum him up. This can't go on. There players walking off panel left right and centre. Something seriously wrong. Surely they all can't want to play with Kildare!!!!!

I am not a fan of his either to be honest but I have to say I am really beginning to wonder what he is at. You are right him comparing this years defeat to Longford against last years is ridiculous (especially since this year Longford kicked about 30 wides). But then his pathetic claim that "Cavan scored more against Donegal last year than anyone else" was embarrassing.