Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Breffni yank - some of the things you mention are valid for sure. Andrews hasn't shown anything from a tactical perspective in the past 2 yrs. It will be hard to avoid relegation now. Longford kicked a shed load of wides today so it was no improvement at all really except for not conceding goals.

BallyhaiseMan

Just completely and utterly sick of this whole fu**king shambles  >:(  >:(
Division 4 here we come.

Richiej

Quote from: TheThirdManning on February 12, 2012, 12:45:50 PM
Bye bye John McCutcheon.

Its sad if rumours are correct that he has walked off. But in fairness if he is fully fit he hasn't had a fair crack at it this year especially with his experience and how we have been struggling recently.I hope this isn't the start of players leaving for whatever reasons.

I know a few lads on the panel and they have put a huge effort in so far this year, they have been very disciplined in training and day to day living. And that's great to see.

Tactically the management don't seem to have what it takes. There has been absolutely no improvement whatsoever since Andrews took over.

I really think Andrews should bury the hatchet with Johnston and co and get those 5/6 lads back around the panel at least. We clearly lacking experience when the chips are down.

Richiej

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6En8fWEAdbo

Vals post match interview  when asked about Seanie Johnston fails to mention that the door was never closed to Seanie

mylestheslasher

Does anyone know for sure if McCutcheon is gone and if he is why? Has he walked due to a grievance with the set-up or is it injury related?

Richiej

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 12, 2012, 04:15:48 PM
Does anyone know for sure if McCutcheon is gone and if he is why? Has he walked due to a grievance with the set-up or is it injury related?
.           All I heard was he was pissed off over players coming into the team starting line up having very little training done while he can't get a starting place on a backline that's falling apart.

mylestheslasher

If that's true then I'm suprised. 2 games played he still had time to show the manager he was wrong. Ffs, if every player that didn't start did that we would have no subs. Don't know mccutcheon but he has always given me the impression of a good honest footballer. I would be suprised and disappointed if there is not more to this such as an injury.

Richiej

It's hard to know what's going on.I hope there are no more defectors but rumour has it 1/2 more ready to walk.. Post match press interview is boring and unclear . I hope that team talks are more constructive as Andrews for a lecturer is a very poor speaker mumbling all the time. We are just lucky that two of the teams with no points have a worse points difference than us so hopefully get 4 points from Tipp and Offaly  and hopefully 2 points of either Antrim or Sligo . opts should keep us up. Promotion is gone. It's just going down to Div 4 would be a total disaster for both these young players and supporters and would definetely signal the end of this management outfit

anglocelt39

First things first here folks people are hearing an awful lot of stuff that is proving to be anything but true with the emergence of time. We had two players back in the panel on Friday who, it would appear, are possibly not back. So what people are hearing about McCutcheon's situation might need to be taken with a pinch of salt for the moment.

Ritchie, I'm not taking issue with you personally on this but the idea of Val "Burying the hatchet!" with Seanie??? What we do know as fact at this stage are as follows:

Seanie made an application to Croke Park to transfer to Kildare while retaining his club membership at Cavan Gaels-turned down;
Seanie then got his club to sanction a transfer application to join St Kevins in Kildare the County Board did not sanction the proposed transfer due to doubts as to his residence;
According to today's paper Seanie is up before the CCC tomorrow night again trying to get his transfer approved on the grounds that he has proof that he resides in Kildare.

Now this strikes me as a lad who is pretty bloody determined to get his transfer. I have absolutely no issue with the lad and i've defended his right as a private citizen to do whatever makes him happy. But for jasus sake what about the 30 odd lads that are currently putting the effort in? Val............"I've been doin a bit of thinkin and doin a bit of talkin and I'd like you to meet our not so new panel member-Bud/RayNiall say hi to Seanie and do your damndest to help him settle in............".

It really is time to move on on that issue at any rate.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Celt_Man

First round of the Minor League today... anybody hear any results?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Breffni_Yank

Celt Man, what is the story with McCutchen?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on February 12, 2012, 07:05:06 PM

ohh I'm not touching that one!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 12, 2012, 07:10:02 PM
Quote from: Breffni_Yank on February 12, 2012, 07:05:06 PM

ohh I'm not touching that one!!

All reasons aside, do you know if he is still there or gone? A player I always rated. Hope the rumours are incorrect

BallyhaiseMan

Nevermind the whole Seanie Johnson saga,
Some of the other players Andrews discarded(Nesty,Lyng) and has not given a proper chance(Fannin, McKeever)
are still FAR and away better options than some of the young lads whom were clearly out of their depth last night.
Jesus Christ,1 of the 20 players used last night(who don't get me wrong is a good player with a high ceiling with regards potential),couldn't even get on his clubs 1st 15 in the club championship in 2011.
Now some of these young players given time and proper coaching/strength and conditioning will be good at this level,but right now,this panel is lacking big time in quality.
We all wanted some of these good young players to get blooded,but not all at f**king once.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 12, 2012, 09:20:38 PM
Nevermind the whole Seanie Johnson saga,
Some of the other players Andrews discarded(Nesty,Lyng) and has not given a proper chance(Fannin, McKeever)
are still FAR and away better options than some of the young lads whom were clearly out of their depth last night.
Jesus Christ,1 of the 20 players used last night(who don't get me wrong is a good player with a high ceiling with regards potential),couldn't even get on his clubs 1st 15 in the club championship in 2011.
Now some of these young players given time and proper coaching/strength and conditioning will be good at this level,but right now,this panel is lacking big time in quality.
We all wanted some of these good young players to get blooded,but not all at f**king once.

Have to say, although I supported his decision to leave Johnston out, I am in agreement on what you say. If the league promotion is the goal for the season then why is he almost treating it as a blooding ground for all these young players. The only logical answer is that he thinks he can beat inter county teams with an U21 team. That is just not going to happen. I assumed McKeever etc were injured but I'm beginning to wonder whats going on. I think the Sligo game is critical for Andrews, a loss makes his job very dodgy as it will probably mean relegation. Sligo bet the shite out of wexford today and I expect they will be thinking about doing something similar to us.