Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richiej

Quote from: Westside on February 10, 2012, 01:11:03 PM
No team announced yet. Tonight probably.

Rumblings that Sheridan and Lyng are back with the panel...

So if its true that Lyng and Sheridan are back on the panel, how did it happen so fast??
Neither player had the chance to get his head down and work hard with his club as there is no club football being played at the moment.
So seemingly it was  just a case of Andrews making a point and showing whos boss??
Maybe he like to turn his attention to the 6 backs and start bossing them too!

tommysmith

Quote from: Richiej on February 10, 2012, 07:43:36 PM
Quote from: Westside on February 10, 2012, 01:11:03 PM
No team announced yet. Tonight probably.

Rumblings that Sheridan and Lyng are back with the panel...

So if its true that Lyng and Sheridan are back on the panel, how did it happen so fast??
Neither player had the chance to get his head down and work hard with his club as there is no club football being played at the moment.
So seemingly it was  just a case of Andrews making a point and showing whos boss??
Maybe he like to turn his attention to the 6 backs and start bossing them too!

If true it is a message to the whole country that it is not a closed panel and that if lads didnt go running looking for new counties they would be in contention to return.

anglocelt39

We need to get some experience back in the panel asap.
Smith, Mackey, Clarke, Lyng, Sheridan, and even the so called "disruptive problem boy" Seanie

Richie last monday you were calling for Sheridan and Lyng to be brought into the panel asap. If that has now happened I assume you are happy with this, no? Why bring them back into the panel now, maybe based on conversations with the lads in question, maybe based on an updated fitness assessment/rating. Or maybe Val read your post last Monday and saw the error in his ways, although I think that would be unlikely.

In any event let's wait until we see the official story before seeing whether this is a classic case of something becoming a fact if it's published often enough on the Net.

Best of luck to the lads tomorrow night, won't be there, hope some of ye can post a report.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Richiej

Quote from: anglocelt39 on February 10, 2012, 09:08:09 PM
Smith, Mackey, Clarke, Lyng, Sheridan, and even the so called "disruptive problem boy" Seanie

Richie last monday you were calling for Sheridan and Lyng to be brought into the panel asap. If that has now happened I assume you are happy with this, no? Why bring them back into the panel now, maybe based on conversations with the lads in question, maybe based on an updated fitness assessment/rating. Or maybe Val read your post last Monday and saw the error in his ways, although I think that would be unlikely.

In any event let's wait until we see the official story before seeing whether this is a classic case of something becoming a fact if it's published often enough on the Net.

Best of luck to the lads tomorrow night, won't be there, hope some of ye can post a report.

Yes glad to see any or all experienced players back in the panel. You cant buy experience especially when there so much un tapped potential around the panel.
Just hope its true

cavanlad

Quote from: Richiej on February 10, 2012, 10:46:06 PM
Quote from: anglocelt39 on February 10, 2012, 09:08:09 PM

Yes glad to see any or all experienced players back in the panel. You cant buy experience especially when there so much un tapped potential around the panel.
Just hope its true

and i hope it's not.

team named

1. James Reilly
2. Damien Barkey
3. Oisin Minagh
4. Ronan Flanagan
5. Robert Maloney-Derham
6. Padraic O Reilly
7. Damien Reilly
8. David Givney
9. Gearoid McKiernan
10. Niall Smith
11. Niall McDermott
12. Kevin Meehan
13. Brendan Fitzpatrick
14. Eugene Keating
15. Raymond Galligan

good to see Robery MD in and Oisin Minagh back in, a better back line than last week, but i was at the game and Barry Watters was not bad in it. Podge had one mistake in the game and it resulted in a goal, James Reilly looked just like he had not stood between the post in weeks.
My ignore list - Richiej

Richiej

Seemingly Meehan will be used as an extra defender breaking at pace. Similar to the role he played with the gaels

cavanlad

Quote from: Richiej on February 10, 2012, 11:12:33 PM
Seemingly Meehan will be used as an extra defender breaking at pace. Similar to the role he played with the gaels

would agree with that. Sean McCormack i heard scored ten points last week vs Offaly, of which 0-9 were from frees, so can't frees away in scoring range, or you will be punished.
My ignore list - Richiej

Breffni_Yank

That team looks better to me. We are so young though and Longford are a few years ahead of us in terms of development so I'm not getting my hopes up. I think our season in general will be a struggle.

The reality is we have 7 lads just out of u21 and 3 more on only their second year out of it. The subs are on the Cavan website...dont understand why McKeever and McCutcheon is not getting a run. No Lyng and Sheridan.

Fintan Reilly
Barry Watters
Stephen Jordan
John McCutcheon
Sean McCormack
Ray Cullivan
Declan McKiernan
Martin Dunne
Conor McClarey
Mark Mc Keever
Dane O Dowd

Westside

Anyone know if the game is on the Radio lads?

anglocelt39

Northern Sound as we speak 1 point to nil to Longford
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Westside

Maloney Dernham marking Paul Barden...... :O

tierworker blue

Denn Forever

God, Tynan is tedious.  Talking about the first minor AI in 1929.  What is the earliest  game he has name checked?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Breffni_Yank

Ok il try to stay calm and keep this to some brief points.

We have been told the team has been training hard for a few months. All signs point that our focus this year was on the league as well yet:

We still have no kick-out strategy. We just hoof it out and hope for the best.
We have no gameplan. Our half-forwards don't know where they are meant to be. And nobody seems to know if the plan is to kick it in or work it in or what. From the stand it looks like we just sent out 15 relatively young lads and told them to try their best. That is not going to work again teams that have more experience and and are being managed properly.

To be fair to the players, effort was not lacking. We are getting genuine honesty for the first time in a while from a Cavan team. But all the training under the sun is not going to help us improve if we are not learning anything. We clearly are not in my opinion.

Someone please tell me what they have been doing in traniing for the past three months? These young lads need guidance and quick or we are going to ruin them