Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

I wouldn't be so sure about that.. He's playing with his college I think so if he was going to be on the panel I'd imagine he'd be there already..

tommysmith

Thats strange enough James Reilly had been part of the training panel along with Fintain and omara.

BallyhaiseMan

O Mara is a much better keeper than both Fintan Reily and Jamie Leahy.
The number 1 jersey will be his to lose.
Im suprised at Nesty being excluded, he was injured for much of 2011, and probably was our best player overall in 2010 in his debut year.

Westside

O'Mara is prone to the odd clanger but that should improve with experience. Anyone know if McKeever was left out?

rodney trotter

I would doubt Mckeever is dropped aswell.. He is problay the hardest working player on the panel.. He was dropped for some reason for the Donegal game but was probaly the best player Cavan had against Longford.. He is a class act, anyone who saw the 2 relegation games between Gowna-Lacken would agree it was mainly him that got them through. I was surprised to see Nesty dropped.

PhilsJemmysField

If it works he is a genius. He is the manager he is making the big call. I hope it works and I hope we all give it the time to work.

Westside

Someone on HS saying that the Gaels Players on the panel, A Drung player and a Swad player (Watters and Gearoid presumably) are to leave the panel due to the 6 day a week training regime. I sincerely hope this isn't true. If it is, this won't end well.

anglocelt39

So has a panel been announced or has there just been a statement released of certain people who are not on the panel. Is that announcement official or what. What other counties have named a panel at this stage of the year, just as we go into the inter county training ban period. All very curious.

There are some serious doses posting over on Hogan Stand on the topic, god help us if announcements are being made to placate that lot.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

rodney trotter

It is mainly the same 3 or 4 that be at it.. Going by Sean o Rinn we are all set for div 2 so the future is bright  :-X

tommysmith

Quote from: anglocelt39 on November 09, 2011, 07:39:34 PM
So has a panel been announced or has there just been a statement released of certain people who are not on the panel. Is that announcement official or what. What other counties have named a panel at this stage of the year, just as we go into the inter county training ban period. All very curious.

There are some serious doses posting over on Hogan Stand on the topic, god help us if announcements are being made to placate that lot.

It was just in the star newspaper it not offical and it is wrong because miller is still training with them.

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on November 09, 2011, 06:57:38 PM
Someone on HS saying that the Gaels Players on the panel, A Drung player and a Swad player (Watters and Gearoid presumably) are to leave the panel due to the 6 day a week training regime. I sincerely hope this isn't true. If it is, this won't end well.

Could be any one of 3 Drung players and it says Swad players so there could be more than 2 swad players there.

Also if they are training 6 times a week i wouldnt blame them that is a hell of alot of commitment.

Westside

Who's the 3rd Drung player on the panel? And who are the Swad player(s) other than Gearoid?
I had heard from a member of the panel that it was 5 nights training a week. Perhaps it was upped from this. It's a lot of commitment surely but I think the hard yards now will benefit them come league time. Dublin were doing 2 a day trainings in the winter in the last few years and it stood to them.

rodney trotter

Ciaran Galligan, Watters and J Reilly would be the 3 from Drung, Probaly Michael Cunningham is the other from Swad with Mckiernan..

michael d

This is getting to be a laugh all these quality players being dropped,Andrews the first manager to go

Denn Forever

From Hoganstand.  I hope it is well attended to give people a real idea of what's needed to succeed.

Pat Gilroy to give talk on 'Team Management'
14 November 2011

Dublin Senior Football Manager Pat Gilroy will be delivering a talk on "Team Management" including his success as a manager and the techniques he employed in winning the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship.

This will take place this Friday 18th November at 8.15pm in St. Joesph's Hall, Ballyjamesduff.

Everyone is welcome, entrance is €5.

There is no doubt coaches, managers and players alike will take some inspiration from this talk.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...