26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on February 04, 2020, 05:35:06 PM
Jases Seafóid are you George Lee? :D :'(

I'm just interested in the big picture. It's a system like any other with its own rules.
https://monthlyreview.org/2011/03/01/structural-crisis-in-the-world-system/

BTW Roscommon might have a better chance of winning an all Ireland under the next economic system.
Cavan , Mayo and Ros all won their Sams in one 20 year period - 1933 to 1952 - where Dublin was neglected.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

weareros

Think the boyos need to forget attacking Mary Lou on IRA past. It's not a vote loser for Sinn Fein anymore. But they should come under scrutiny for their anti-European past. They have campaigned I believe against every major treaty including joining EEC. You could replace all their quotes with Nigel Farage and you would not know the difference. They are actually no different than the anti-EU populism that has been rising, except they are left wing. By a stroke of luck, the DUP backed Brexit, completely taking the focus off Sinn Fein's anti-EU history. But in no way would they have been able to manage Brexit the way FG did, in particular because FG are members of the same party as all those who supported us in the negotiations. Eg Donald Tusk, etc. Brexit is not a vote getter, but I would put down to Irish people taking it for granted. Still has the potential to completely unravel the economy and don't be surprised if under new gov, we take our eye off the ball, and that customs border comes back. Boris and his tricks have not gone away

marty34

Anybody hazard a guess on turn out on Saturday?

marty34

Quote from: Itchy on February 04, 2020, 04:54:03 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 04, 2020, 12:42:44 PM
Especially as we'll all be living in €65,000 houses, will have no tax to pay, everything will be free.......
Why didnt someone think of all this before?
Who said 1977?

Lad, what slightly irritates me is this snobbery around SF's lack of financial know how. I mean when you consider the mess the country is in today, homelessness, a childrens hospital out of control and hospital services that are almost 3rd world (to name a few) brought to you by the financial experts in FF and FG. Who are they or their supporters to throw stones. They have royally fucked the country. For christ sake FF ran it to bankruptcy and had the IMF in and their leader was a minister in that government!

Totally agree Itchy - you'd swear the FG/FF were the most prudent advisors of all things on the economy this past 15 years.

What a mess they made of this country.

Nobody should be taking economical lectures from them.  What about the broadband roll out? - Mmmmm, one tender will do grand.  Give them a bucket of money sure, it'll be grand.  Sure we don't need the money.  No waiting lists, nobody on trollies and everybody has a house....oh, wait!!!

marty34

Quote from: mouview on February 04, 2020, 05:01:44 PM
Especially as we'll all be living in €65,000 houses, will have no tax to pay, everything will be free.......
Who said 1977?

Lad, what slightly irritates me is this snobbery around SF's lack of financial know how. I mean when you consider the mess the country is in today, homelessness, a childrens hospital out of control and hospital services that are almost 3rd world (to name a few) brought to you by the financial experts in FF and FG. Who are they or their supporters to throw stones. They have royally fucked the country. For christ sake FF ran it to bankruptcy and had the IMF in and their leader was a minister in that government!

Homelessness is a (greater) issue in many western/EU countries. As are health services. Children's hospital is a bad look alright. FG inherited a lot of FF-made problems and have made a fair fist of righting them. Do you think SF would have been able to do likewise? Do you really think SF, under control by 'shadowy forces', would have the nous, freedom or capability to run an economy? Don't trust them or give into silly opinion-poll propaganda. Vote with the house, it's safest.

Do you write for the Indo or work for RTÉ?

Art Mc Crory’s Sofa

Who said 1977?

You've never been to a 3rd world if you think the health service, level of homelessness and what is being spent on a children's hospital are 3rd world.

Itchy

Quote from: Art Mc Crory's Sofa on February 04, 2020, 08:01:33 PM
Who said 1977?

You've never been to a 3rd world if you think the health service, level of homelessness and what is being spent on a children's hospital are 3rd world.

Read what I wrote again,  slowly

armaghniac

Who said 1977?

People need to keep a sense of proportion. The economy has grown by a quarter in the last Dáil term and there were a quarter of a million more  jobs. Almost any other country in the developed world would have given their left arm to have that. Hospital services have shortcomings, but talk of their being third world is bollix.
I think there should be a change of government, as spending control was not competent, but you have to look at this as they are, not some myth.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Leaving an 85 year old man with chronic heart disease on a trolley in a corridor in A&E for 24 hrs as happened to my wife's uncle last week is 3rd world like in my opinion. Hasn't improved one iota in the lifetime of this government

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on February 04, 2020, 09:39:20 PM
Leaving an 85 year old man with chronic heart disease on a trolley in a corridor in A&E for 24 hrs as happened to my wife's uncle last week is 3rd world like in my opinion. Hasn't improved one iota in the lifetime of this government

I can only agree that it is an absolute disgrace and it has in fact got worse under this government. It isn't the totality of the health service though.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Angelo

Why is the sister of an incoming FF minister being allowed chair an election debate on the state broadcaster with the 3 main party leaders a few days before an election?

It reminds me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXxjQpEYqM
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

armaghniac

So SF will sort the pension crisis and people living longer by having the birthrate rise!! This from the party promoting abortion.

Angelo

Quote from: armaghniac on February 04, 2020, 10:54:35 PM
So SF will sort the pension crisis and people living longer by having the birthrate rise!! This from the party promoting abortion.

Would you trust the two parties who created the pension crisis to sort it?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL