26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

Angelo

Gas seeing all the FF sympathisers trying to rewrite history.

The party of the brown envelope, wink and nor culture. They're all tainted.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

five points

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 03, 2020, 06:21:57 PM
My memory is a bit hazy but I can think of of a few that made the news. Do you remember the contraversy over the shipment of Irish beef to Iraq? Larry Goodman got dept of trade cover where no insurance company would take the risk. Albert was accused if insisting that Goodman got the go ahead in spite if the dept's reservations. Then Harry Wheeler (?) the AG, and a pal of Albert was appointed a High Court judge but was less qualified than other car sites. Harry took the job, heard one case and then resigned. Then there was the scandal over Arab businessmen getting Irish passports after they invested in Albert's pet food company. I can think of a few more serious ones but they were passed on to me by some of Bertie's henchmen so I don't think it fair to say they were true.*

(But they are. :D)

None of those suggest, even now, that Reynolds was corrupt or ever took money off anyone.

There was never any suggestion that the Goodman shenanigans ever financially benefitted Reynolds.

The passports thing was probably a conflict of interest but there was no suggestion of corruption.

The controversial Harry Whelehan appointment had nothing to do with money and was anyway only a bottle of smoke with a few barristers annoyed that their Buggins Turn appointment had fallen through.

five points

Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2020, 07:10:31 PM

If you mean me, I'm not an FF sympathiser. But Reynolds was unjustly screwed, by an FF element up to their balls in real corruption.

All the same, your sanctimony is funny, given the record of the shower you've been plugging here recently.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: five points on February 03, 2020, 07:14:49 PM
My memory is a bit hazy but I can think of of a few that made the news. Do you remember the contraversy over the shipment of Irish beef to Iraq? Larry Goodman got dept of trade cover where no insurance company would take the risk. Albert was accused if insisting that Goodman got the go ahead in spite if the dept's reservations. Then Harry Wheeler (?) the AG, and a pal of Albert was appointed a High Court judge but was less qualified than other car sites. Harry took the job, heard one case and then resigned. Then there was the scandal over Arab businessmen getting Irish passports after they invested in Albert's pet food company. I can think of a few more serious ones but they were passed on to me by some of Bertie's henchmen so I don't think it fair to say they were true.*

None of those suggest, even now, that Reynolds was corrupt or ever took money off anyone.

There was never any suggestion that the Goodman shenanigans ever financially benefitted Reynolds.

The passports thing was probably a conflict of interest but there was no suggestion of corruption.

The controversial Harry Whelehan appointment had nothing to do with money and was anyway only a bottle of smoke with a few barristers annoyed that their Buggins Turn appointment had fallen through.
There were serious allegations that the passports were in return for investment in C and D foods for one
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Angelo

Quote from: five points on February 03, 2020, 07:18:01 PM

If you mean me, I'm not an FF sympathiser. But Reynolds was unjustly screwed, by an FF element up to their balls in real corruption.

All the same, your sanctimony is funny, given the record of the shower you've been plugging here recently.

I think you protest too much.

five points

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 03, 2020, 07:21:48 PM
Quote from: five points on February 03, 2020, 07:14:49 PM

There were serious allegations that the passports were in return for investment in C and D foods for one

Allegations of conflict of interest. None of corruption.

five points

Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2020, 07:24:21 PM

You would, wouldn't you.

Angelo

Quote from: five points on February 03, 2020, 07:33:04 PM

You would, wouldn't you.

You're defending the indefensible. I'd say you're a firm believer in happy coincidences.

five points

Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2020, 07:37:23 PM

You would, wouldn't you.

You're defending the indefensible. I'd say you're a firm believer in happy coincidences.

A Shinner lectures on defending the indefensible. My sides.

Ambrose

Voting in the general election in the Tipperary constituency will be postponed after Independent candidate Marese Skehan from Thurles was found dead at her home on Monday.

Independent Mattie McGrath is seeking legal advice in a bid to avoid postponement of General Election vote in Tipperary. If that's not possible he says he would go to the courts to seek to delay the election in all constituencies.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Capt Pat

I don't see why they have to postpone the election in Tipperary. It seems a bit pointless to postpone it.

Ambrose

Legislation dealing with such a scenario, when a candidate dies before polling commences, outlines how the returning officer must cancel the poll.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1992/act/23/section/62/enacted/en/html#sec62
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Rossfan

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 03, 2020, 08:23:21 PM
I don't see why they have to postpone the election in Tipperary. It seems a bit pointless to postpone it.
Its the Law ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: five points on February 03, 2020, 07:43:57 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2020, 07:37:23 PM

You would, wouldn't you.

A Shinner lectures on defending the indefensible. My sides.

Given that the free state turned their back on northern nationalists and let them defenceless in a sectarian statelet then I'm sure you'll appreciate that there's a large dose of irony to Michael Martin pontificating to SF about defending their communities.

There seems to be a lot of chaps like you on here who can't state their own political allegiances yet consistently run down SF. Like you they deny voting for FF/FG, the shame of it all is too much for them when they get up on their soap box.

GalwayBayBoy

Latest Irish Times poll of 1200 people over last weekend.

Sinn Féin 25
Fianna Fáíl 23
Fine Gael 20
Greens 8
Labour 4
Social Democrats 2
Sol- People Before Profit 2