Why are Posters obsessed about Dublin GAA??

Started by kerryforsam2018, September 12, 2018, 04:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the most obsessed about Dublin GAA

Dinny Breen
5 (17.9%)
Syfin
11 (39.3%)
From the Bunker
5 (17.9%)
Pricey Reilly
6 (21.4%)
RossFan
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 12, 2019, 04:00:01 PM

From the Bunker

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 12, 2018, 05:56:09 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2018, 05:44:53 PM
Quote from: weareros on September 12, 2018, 05:41:41 PM
Can't fathom why anyone would want to split Dublin. Inter county is about tradition and identity. Kill Dublin's identity, then kill GAA in Dublin. Dies in Dublin, loses its allure throughout the country.

No matter what you do now Intercounty Football has lost its allure throughout the country.

Has it?

The All Ireland Football Final was a non event in the media this year! I mean Rochford resigning as Mayo Manager that week got more coverage. Even the Dubs could not get excited about the inevitable 4 in a row.

The Super 8's were a complete failure. Teams like Roscommon end up getting a huge reality check 3 times (instead of once in an AI quarter final). The rest get to realise how far they are behind Dublin at a more prolonged rate.

The Leinster Championship will continue to deteriorate next year. Dublin supporters will dwindle more and will by pass the Leinster Championship and the Super 8's and wait for the semi final and final. The only game in the super 8's that might grab their imagination would be meeting the half dead horse Mayo with the chance of giving them a humiliating beating and putting the final nail in their coffin.

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2018, 05:54:18 PM
It's a good thing the internet wasn't about when Kerry were winning all before them!

And it's strange that no one was asking Kilkenny to split in two during their domination of hurling!

Theses things come in cycles, ask Cavan Gaels Crossmaglen and Naomh Gall about dominance in their domestic club competition, it doesn't last forever, the same will be for Dublin

The point about cycles would be correct MR2 bar one thing.
A cycle tends to be when the same players are playing and when they finish up so does the dominance.

The issue is Dublin is a conveyor belt. How many of the first 15 that started Sunday also started 4 years ago?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Taylor on September 12, 2018, 07:29:50 PM
It's a good thing the internet wasn't about when Kerry were winning all before them!

And it's strange that no one was asking Kilkenny to split in two during their domination of hurling!

Theses things come in cycles, ask Cavan Gaels Crossmaglen and Naomh Gall about dominance in their domestic club competition, it doesn't last forever, the same will be for Dublin

A cycle tends to be when the same players are playing and when they finish up so does the dominance.

The issue is Dublin is a conveyor belt. How many of the first 15 that started Sunday also started 4 years ago?

How many started when this started 7 years ago?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2018, 07:31:19 PM

Only Cluxton, O'Sullivan and J McCarthy i think.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 12, 2018, 07:49:12 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2018, 07:31:19 PM

Only Cluxton, O'Sullivan and J McCarthy i think.

Cody built 3 teams! And if counties like Kilkenny with lower number and even less money can dominate what the flying f**k are the other counties doing?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gael85

12/21 players that featured in 2013 played in this year final. Flynn,O'Gara,Andrews and B.Brogan are still on panel.8 players of this year starting team started in 2013 final.

tonto1888

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2018, 07:05:52 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 12, 2018, 05:56:09 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2018, 05:44:53 PM
Quote from: weareros on September 12, 2018, 05:41:41 PM
Can't fathom why anyone would want to split Dublin. Inter county is about tradition and identity. Kill Dublin's identity, then kill GAA in Dublin. Dies in Dublin, loses its allure throughout the country.

No matter what you do now Intercounty Football has lost its allure throughout the country.

Has it?

The All Ireland Football Final was a non event in the media this year! I mean Rochford resigning as Mayo Manager that week got more coverage. Even the Dubs could not get excited about the inevitable 4 in a row.

The Super 8's were a complete failure. Teams like Roscommon end up getting a huge reality check 3 times (instead of once in an AI quarter final). The rest get to realise how far they are behind Dublin at a more prolonged rate.

The Leinster Championship will continue to deteriorate next year. Dublin supporters will dwindle more and will by pass the Leinster Championship and the Super 8's and wait for the semi final and final. The only game in the super 8's that might grab their imagination would be meeting the half dead horse Mayo with the chance of giving them a humiliating beating and putting the final nail in their coffin.

I can only speak for myself but it hasn't for me. Regardless of what happens I will continue to go to armagh games. That has lost on allure for me. I will continue to keep watching inter county games as well. Again, it has lost no allure. Maybe spending 13 years in England with no inter county games to go to has affected me but I don't think so

larryin89

Why do people keep using the Kerry /Kilkenny dominance to counter the argument.  Kilkenny play hurling ,so many different factors come in to it.

Kerry died for years 86-97 , do you honestly think this monster that's been created will ever die for anything near that . No team has ever done five in a row , Dublin will. And are just slightly more than even money to do six . It's a fcooking joke, stop the nonsense please . This is unprecedented stuff in Gaelic football .

I love the county game and want it to be saved ,it's going to take some doing now though . I feel it's beyond saving . I don't blame Dublin or their silly supporters , it's not their fault .

I remember back in 2008/9 I was on a water main job in Edenderry  , used to stay in kinegad , frequented a good GAA pub most nights, former dublin player goggins and the pub owner tried to convince me one night "the country need Dublin to be winning all Irelands " I argued till the early hours asking why mostly , neither could tell me why exactly . I'll always remember that night though there was something in their tone as if they knew what was coming , so confident Dublin would be winning all Irelands in the near future . Call me what you wish but I believe this whole dublin project is all very sinister . It just doesn't sit right .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

sid waddell

Kilkenny used 55 different players in winning All-Ireland hurling finals from 2000 to 2015.

I'd like somebody to tell me how that wasn't a conveyor belt, whether Kilkenny are dominant now, and what state hurling is in now.

People are arguing that Dublin's dominance is unprecedented. It would be unprecedented only for the fact that there is copious precedent there.

From the Bunker

Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2018, 09:21:15 PM
Kilkenny used 55 different players in winning All-Ireland hurling finals from 2000 to 2015.

I'd like somebody to tell me how that wasn't a conveyor belt, whether Kilkenny are dominant now, and what state hurling is in now.

People are arguing that Dublin's dominance is unprecedented. It would be unprecedented only for the fact that there is copious precedent there.

How many league titles did Kilkenny win during that period?

priceyreilly

The only unprecedented thing is the multi million euro professional set up within Dublin GAA. It's something that has never been seen and the results reflect that. 54 titles since 2005 at all grades and levels. Dublin won 51 titles between 1966 and 2005. So more titles in the 13 years since the huge funding than in the 29 years before that!

tonto1888

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2018, 09:55:20 PM

Did Kilkenny take the league seriously?

From the Bunker

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 12, 2018, 09:58:52 PM

Did Kilkenny take the league seriously?

Do Dublin take the League seriously?

Rossfan

This year for the first time ever I had almost zero interest in the AI Final.
I would never pay to watch a game not involving Ros any more.
I'm afraid the Monster is devouring the whole bloody thing.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gael85