Quote from: whitey on December 14, 2020, 01:25:04 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 14, 2020, 11:50:06 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 14, 2020, 12:34:15 AM
COC V Dublin, all tight games
2012 - 0-7
2013 - 0-8
2015 - 1-9
2015 - 1-6
2016 - 0-7 (Including the kick on the buzzer to draw)
2016 - 0-9
2017 - 0-7
2019 - 0-3

This narrative that Cillian only does it against Sligo and Leitrim is a joke, that's close to an 8 point average, by Sunday he'll have played 15% of his games against Dublin.
Even I'm surprised to see that his average score versus Dublin (7.75) is higher than his championship scoring average versus the remaining counties (7.12)

Let's look at the from play numbers

2012 - 0-01 of 0-07 from play.
2013 - 0-00 of 0-08 from play.
2015 - 0-00 of 1-09 from play. 1-01 of 1-06 from play
2016 - 0-02 of 0-07 from play. 0-00 of 0-09 from play
2017 - 0-03 of 0-07 from play.
2019 - 0-01 of 0-03 from play.

So of the 2-56 he has scored against Dublin, 1-07 has been from play.

Is 1-08 from play in 8 matches really good enough at that level?

I'm not sure what Andy Moran's record from play in around the same timeframe has been but I'll go that it's around double.

How much did the Gooch score from play against Dublin

When?

The Gooch was a bit of a flat track bully, one thing Brolly was right on was that when the going got tough Gooch didn't want to know about. Cooper had all the skill in the world but I think he never really led when his team needed him to step up. The man in the Kerry attack who came up with the goods at crucial times when Kerry were in bother was consistently Donaghy.

I wouldn't say O'Connor is a bottler, I just think his limitations are exposed when Mayo aren't blitzreiging their opponents. I think top forwards can lead when things are drying up, O'Connor is not going to win a 30/70 ball, beat a load of players and fire over unbelievable scores under pressure - that is what the top forwards do.

In a big game Mayo have been involved in the past, one where it was a tight nip and tuck battle that went down to the wire, I can't think of many where I'd look back and say O'Connor was Mayo's best player or he was outstanding. I could say it about Lee Keegan, Keith Higgins, Andy Moran, Colm Boyle, Paddy Durcan, Jason Doherty or Diarmuid O'Connor though and that's where I look at it from.

From my memory the Gooch did fvck all when playing against Dublin from 2011 onwards (and that was with  an army of hard men to back him up). Gooch wouldn't stand a hope against Cooper or McMahon whereas O Connor more than held his own from a physical standpoint

I think the Gooch said as much in an interview

I'm not a big Gooch fan. I think he was a very skilled player but a flat track bully but Gooch was effectively finished as a footballer when he did his cruciate in 2014. So you're effectively judging him on the 2013 semi final, he scored 0-02 from centre forward form play that day.

O'Connor has 1-08 from play against Dublin in 8 championship appearances, Lee Keegan, a wing back has outscored him and Keegan has consistently been Mayo's go to man markers in those games.

Do you think 1-08 from play for a side like Mayo is good enough in 8 Championship appearances against Dublin for your prime inside forward?

Do you think he might have won any of the frees he got to put over?

No.

O'Connor profits on the good work of other players, he's a finisher.

He does a lot of defensive work from the front but gets away with absolute murder with his persistent fouling.

It's the runners from Mayo that draw the frees.

So he didnt win any of the frees he converted?

You need to do more research Angelo before throwing out comments like that

Hold on. Are you saying he did win the frees he converted?

I asked did he win ANY of the frees he converted.

You said 'no'.

You are incorrect - do your research

So you're telling me he did win some of the frees he converted? Right then, tell me how many he won?

Or maybe you don't actually have a f**king clue what you're talking about.

;D ;D ;D

I asked did he win any of the frees he converted - given you are the font of all knowledge I thought you would know that.

You said 'no'.

That is incorrect - you are wrong.

So maybe it is someone else who doesnt actually have a f**king clue what they are talking about

Prove it's incorrect.

It seems you are saying something you don't even know.

Surely if you're contending O'Connor won a free or penalty he scored 1-48 he scored from dead balls you must know:

a) how many of those he won
b) able to point to one specific example

The floor is yours but you don't seem confident.

The floor is mine indeed.

Just go to the first score between the teams last year.

So you are wrong - pretty simple there.

I asked did he won any of the frees he scored - you said no.

Do your research

Resist Taylor!  ;D After the barnstorming AI Semi performance, we were always gonna be riding this rodeo again! Resist!

Taylor

Quote from: Angelo on December 15, 2020, 12:31:49 PM
Quote from: Taylor on December 15, 2020, 12:20:33 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 15, 2020, 11:02:51 AM
Quote from: Taylor on December 15, 2020, 08:15:09 AM
Quote from: Angelo on December 14, 2020, 04:52:20 PM
Quote from: Taylor on December 14, 2020, 04:38:08 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 14, 2020, 03:35:27 PM
Quote from: Taylor on December 14, 2020, 03:28:39 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 14, 2020, 03:20:03 PM
Quote from: Taylor on December 14, 2020, 03:01:51 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 14, 2020, 02:53:48 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 14, 2020, 02:48:17 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 14, 2020, 01:41:55 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 14, 2020, 01:25:04 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 14, 2020, 11:50:06 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 14, 2020, 12:34:15 AM
COC V Dublin, all tight games
2012 - 0-7
2013 - 0-8
2015 - 1-9
2015 - 1-6
2016 - 0-7 (Including the kick on the buzzer to draw)
2016 - 0-9
2017 - 0-7
2019 - 0-3

This narrative that Cillian only does it against Sligo and Leitrim is a joke, that's close to an 8 point average, by Sunday he'll have played 15% of his games against Dublin.
Even I'm surprised to see that his average score versus Dublin (7.75) is higher than his championship scoring average versus the remaining counties (7.12)

Let's look at the from play numbers

2012 - 0-01 of 0-07 from play.
2013 - 0-00 of 0-08 from play.
2015 - 0-00 of 1-09 from play. 1-01 of 1-06 from play
2016 - 0-02 of 0-07 from play. 0-00 of 0-09 from play
2017 - 0-03 of 0-07 from play.
2019 - 0-01 of 0-03 from play.

So of the 2-56 he has scored against Dublin, 1-07 has been from play.

Is 1-08 from play in 8 matches really good enough at that level?

I'm not sure what Andy Moran's record from play in around the same timeframe has been but I'll go that it's around double.

How much did the Gooch score from play against Dublin

When?

The Gooch was a bit of a flat track bully, one thing Brolly was right on was that when the going got tough Gooch didn't want to know about. Cooper had all the skill in the world but I think he never really led when his team needed him to step up. The man in the Kerry attack who came up with the goods at crucial times when Kerry were in bother was consistently Donaghy.

I wouldn't say O'Connor is a bottler, I just think his limitations are exposed when Mayo aren't blitzreiging their opponents. I think top forwards can lead when things are drying up, O'Connor is not going to win a 30/70 ball, beat a load of players and fire over unbelievable scores under pressure - that is what the top forwards do.

In a big game Mayo have been involved in the past, one where it was a tight nip and tuck battle that went down to the wire, I can't think of many where I'd look back and say O'Connor was Mayo's best player or he was outstanding. I could say it about Lee Keegan, Keith Higgins, Andy Moran, Colm Boyle, Paddy Durcan, Jason Doherty or Diarmuid O'Connor though and that's where I look at it from.

From my memory the Gooch did fvck all when playing against Dublin from 2011 onwards (and that was with  an army of hard men to back him up). Gooch wouldn't stand a hope against Cooper or McMahon whereas O Connor more than held his own from a physical standpoint

I think the Gooch said as much in an interview

I'm not a big Gooch fan. I think he was a very skilled player but a flat track bully but Gooch was effectively finished as a footballer when he did his cruciate in 2014. So you're effectively judging him on the 2013 semi final, he scored 0-02 from centre forward form play that day.

O'Connor has 1-08 from play against Dublin in 8 championship appearances, Lee Keegan, a wing back has outscored him and Keegan has consistently been Mayo's go to man markers in those games.

Do you think 1-08 from play for a side like Mayo is good enough in 8 Championship appearances against Dublin for your prime inside forward?

Do you think he might have won any of the frees he got to put over?

No.

O'Connor profits on the good work of other players, he's a finisher.

He does a lot of defensive work from the front but gets away with absolute murder with his persistent fouling.

It's the runners from Mayo that draw the frees.

So he didnt win any of the frees he converted?

You need to do more research Angelo before throwing out comments like that

Hold on. Are you saying he did win the frees he converted?

I asked did he win ANY of the frees he converted.

You said 'no'.

You are incorrect - do your research

So you're telling me he did win some of the frees he converted? Right then, tell me how many he won?

Or maybe you don't actually have a f**king clue what you're talking about.

;D ;D ;D

I asked did he win any of the frees he converted - given you are the font of all knowledge I thought you would know that.

You said 'no'.

That is incorrect - you are wrong.

So maybe it is someone else who doesnt actually have a f**king clue what they are talking about

Prove it's incorrect.

It seems you are saying something you don't even know.

Surely if you're contending O'Connor won a free or penalty he scored 1-48 he scored from dead balls you must know:

a) how many of those he won
b) able to point to one specific example

The floor is yours but you don't seem confident.

The floor is mine indeed.

Just go to the first score between the teams last year.

So you are wrong - pretty simple there.

I asked did he won any of the frees he scored - you said no.

Do your research

So it took him 8 years to win a free he scored against Dublin?

You said he didnt win any of the frees he scored.

I have provided evidence (as requested by you) from the first score of the very last cship game he played against Dublin.

Pretty simple really.

You should do your research instead of stating lies to back up your theory.

Makes me question everything you have ever posted now  ;D

Going forward please provide evidence of your statements so we can decipher the truth from your lies

Angelo

I have only conducted my 2012 and 2013 review so far.

Of the points of how deadballs were won:

3x 45
Overcarrying by Dublin defender
Conroy x2

Ball touched on ground
Freeman
Moran x2
Varley x2
AOS
Boyle

So out of those 0-14 O'Connor did not win any of the frees. Hope to catch up on the rest later.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Taylor

Quote from: Angelo on December 15, 2020, 12:54:35 PM
I have only conducted my 2012 and 2013 review so far.

Of the points of how deadballs were won:

3x 45
Overcarrying by Dublin defender
Conroy x2

Ball touched on ground
Freeman
Moran x2
Varley x2
AOS
Boyle

So out of those 0-14 O'Connor did not win any of the frees. Hope to catch up on the rest later.

Good work - well done.

You said he didnt win ANY of the frees.

Incorrect for you unfortunately & I have provided you evidence to prove it was a lie.

Do let me know when you have finished your pointless research  ;D

Angelo

Taylor

Quote from: Angelo on December 15, 2020, 01:05:09 PM
2015 replay
AOS x2
Parsons
Moran
Barrett

Good lad.

Keep er lit.

When you get to 2019 you will see you stated a lie as a fact...........unfortunately for you  ;D

Ethan Tremblay

I have been Awol from the internet for a few weeks and have stumbled across this.  Just to clarify, are people questioning CoC as an all time great player because he scores free kicks? Is that the jist of the thread atm?
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

larryin89

Cillian is in the form of his life . Those who dont realise what he does for the team , I actually feel sorry for ya , football has passed you by .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Angelo

2015 drawn game:

AOS x3
DOC X2
Keegan
COC (Wahey)
Parsons
1x45

Boyle won the penalty.

So far it's 0-01 of 1-28.

Taylor

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on December 15, 2020, 01:08:54 PM
I have been Awol from the internet for a few weeks and have stumbled across this.  Just to clarify, are people questioning CoC as an all time great player because he scores free kicks? Is that the jist of the thread atm?

Pretty much.

Angelo has also said COC did not win ANY of the frees he scored.

We have already shown this was a lie

Angelo

2016 draw

AOS x2
Lee Keegan
Ball touched on ground
Moran

2016 replay
Andy Moran
Boyle
SOS
DOC x3
AOS
Barry Moran x2

So O'Connor has won the frees for 0-01 of 1-43 from play so far. He's the greatest tap over free man to play the game.

It's more proof how much he struggles to impose himself from play in big games. Outscored by the likes of Keegan and Andy Moran in less gametime and also won an awful lot less frees than these guys have too.

It actually shows how Dublin struggle with AOS though, he has won 0-09 of those frees converted.

Farrandeelin

You would indeed wonder why he starts at all.  ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Angelo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on December 15, 2020, 02:02:03 PM
You would indeed wonder why he starts at all.  ::)

He's a good finisher and their best free taker but the stats would say he struggles in the tight games to create his own chances.

He's a bit like one of those goal poacher strikers, if you get him the service he will score but he can't do it without the service. The elite forwards can survive on scraps, O'Connor can't.

nrico2006

Always remember him tapping over the free in the 2013 final with the last kick of the game, when they needed a goal.  That was shocking.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyCake

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 15, 2020, 08:05:31 PM
Always remember him tapping over the free in the 2013 final with the last kick of the game, when they needed a goal.  That was shocking.

Yeah that was unbelievable. AFAIK the allocated injury time was already played. Absolutely baffling decision