Club Hurling

Started by BallyroanAbbey, April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Some achievement for Ballyfin to be senior in both codes is their any other team bar Portlaoise that has done this?
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Hyland aside, the CB forwards only scored 1-01 between them and that's not going to win you a title.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

SCFC

Quote from: Unlaoised on September 25, 2017, 10:01:30 AM
Some achievement for Ballyfin to be senior in both codes is their any other team bar Portlaoise that has done this?
The Harps years ago. Possibly Clonaslee too.
Park/Ratheniska?

town1980

i enjoyed the hurling yesterday,how willie hyland didnt get MOM is actually beyond me ,15 points i think he got pure madness,can some one ask me why people were stopped from going to the terrace??well donr to both sides i would have loved a draw not as exciting as last year and ballacolla will be raging  with there first half display it cost them in the end,well donr both teams

Zooming around

Clough/Ballacolla seem to think they were done out of a certain point in the first half. A big call if true seeing that they were only beaten by a point.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: town1980 on September 25, 2017, 11:56:52 AM
i enjoyed the hurling yesterday,how willie hyland didnt get MOM is actually beyond me ,15 points i think he got pure madness,can some one ask me why people were stopped from going to the terrace??well donr to both sides i would have loved a draw not as exciting as last year and ballacolla will be raging  with there first half display it cost them in the end,well donr both teams

P*ss off with your irrelevant and gibberish opinions back to the football board. Hard enough to listen to you over there without you thinking you know something about hurling too and ruining this board as you have with the football one.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 25, 2017, 09:31:52 AM
Quote from: blueandwhite1 on September 24, 2017, 10:08:47 PM
Congrats to Camross. They beat Rathdowney Errill, B/K and C/B in the same year and ground it out today. Were out of the game for long periods and very wasteful but overall were the best team in 2017. 4 champions in as many years. Can't be bad for Laois hurling especially given that Abbeyleix and Castletown are improving. Standard was pretty poor today and both teams played much more poorly than they are capable of. Exciting finish though. Zane stood up in the end when it mattered after a poor game by his standards.

I would think quite the opposite that 4 champions in as many years, implies that there is no outstanding team.

Ridiculous suggestion. Having 4+ teams capable of winning drives the standard up. You mean it would be better if it was like the football championship?

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on September 25, 2017, 05:07:18 PM
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 25, 2017, 09:31:52 AM
Quote from: blueandwhite1 on September 24, 2017, 10:08:47 PM
Congrats to Camross. They beat Rathdowney Errill, B/K and C/B in the same year and ground it out today. Were out of the game for long periods and very wasteful but overall were the best team in 2017. 4 champions in as many years. Can't be bad for Laois hurling especially given that Abbeyleix and Castletown are improving. Standard was pretty poor today and both teams played much more poorly than they are capable of. Exciting finish though. Zane stood up in the end when it mattered after a poor game by his standards.

I would think quite the opposite that 4 champions in as many years, implies that there is no outstanding team.

Ridiculous suggestion. Having 4+ teams capable of winning drives the standard up. You mean it would be better if it was like the football championship?

My own opinion is quite the opposite I believe  in the vast majority of cases the more competitive the championship, the more likely it's weak.  That's not to say, the Hurling is more interesting and better entertainment as the crowd yesterday definitely attained to.   The football of course is not as watchable and is more predictable but competitive does not mean higher standards.

Yesterday's Crowd was huge so people enjoy it

on the hop

It was a poor game yesterday, there was a great crowd but wasn't much atmosphere. The early goals knocked ballacolla back but Hyland the only decent forward dragged them back into it. Cam Ross made s late burst to win it but ballacolla probably feel if they had hurled at all they would have won it.

On the county front there was nothing new on show

town1980

Blueandwhite1 your a bit of an eejit are you??

blueandwhite1

Quote from: town1980 on September 25, 2017, 10:43:59 PM
Blueandwhite1 your a bit of an eejit are you??

I won't engage further with you, gave up doing it on the football forum a long time ago as I decided there were better things to do with my time than react to your puerile jibes.

And it's 'you're', not 'your'.

Keyser Söze

Everyone entitled to an opinion.

Camross not getting the credit they deserve, again!

They know how to win, they know what they have to do, and they execute. Couple of slices of luck along the way but scoring two early goals was exactly how they want to play.
Clough Ballacolla fought manfully and squandered 2-3 really good goal chances. Had the goal came even 5/6 minutes earlier they'd have won the match. I don't know how many county finals are left in Ballacolla. They had no real impact off the bench and to be honest they are going to have to wait 3-4 years to get new blood of the quality they need. There will be big holes in the team by that stage, but all small clubs go through these cycles.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

HURLING1

Great championship right through. Some great games. Ballacolla will be disappointed but after their start to the year they should be proud of Sundays effort. Camross were simply the best team in all Senior competitions this year.
They were also probably the only team in it with a bench strong enough to make a difference.

redsetanta

Some great long distance point scoring in the game.

Will Camross give Leinster a go? They have enough quality to do so.

Definately a couple of players on that team that would boost the county team if they gave the committment.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

clonadmad

Quote from: redsetanta on September 27, 2017, 12:17:02 PM
Some great long distance point scoring in the game.

Will Camross give Leinster a go? They have enough quality to do so.

Definately a couple of players on that team that would boost the county team if they gave the committment.

you'd hope so,they play carlow champions first, then winners of OY v WH for a place in the leinster final.