Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Yeah he's a nasty player. I didn't know his name but recognize the description. Known for off the ball antics.
Living the dream!!!

Degrassi Hi

Big result for Errigal thirds last night beating Clogher who were previously unbeaten at the top of the table,  There are still about 6-7 teams with a realistic chance of winning the Junior league. Eglish setting the pace in Division 2 which is also very balanced this year with little separating teams from third place to twelfth. Will Eglish go the full season unbeaten?

Under Lights

Errigal Ciaran Thirds produced an excellent team performance at Dunmoyle on Monday evening to hand Clogher their first league defeat of the season.

Goals from Michael Harte and Caolan Tierney as well as ten points shared between Sean Mc Kenna (3), Jody Farrell (3) and Pio Mc Dermott (4) were enough to seal the win.

Clogher will be hoping to bounce back from this setback and will be looking to get their season back on track again when they face neighbours Killeeshil next Monday night.

http://teamtalkmag.com/2018/05/errigal-thirds-defeat-clogher/

TabClear

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on May 15, 2018, 10:06:00 AM
Big result for Errigal thirds last night beating Clogher who were previously unbeaten at the top of the table,  There are still about 6-7 teams with a realistic chance of winning the Junior league. Eglish setting the pace in Division 2 which is also very balanced this year with little separating teams from third place to twelfth. Will Eglish go the full season unbeaten?

Does seem to be very tight down there. I had expected one of the relegated teams from last year  to win that division comfortably (Eskra/Rock are going well to be fair but Castlederg struggling) but seems to be a lot of teams keeping pace with some tight games. EC III have now beaten Clogher and Rock in the last couple of weeks after a poor start. Any reason for the upturn?

outsideoftheboot

Quote from: Under Lights on May 15, 2018, 10:14:45 AM
Errigal Ciaran Thirds produced an excellent team performance at Dunmoyle on Monday evening to hand Clogher their first league defeat of the season.

Goals from Michael Harte and Caolan Tierney as well as ten points shared between Sean Mc Kenna (3), Jody Farrell (3) and Pio Mc Dermott (4) were enough to seal the win.

Clogher will be hoping to bounce back from this setback and will be looking to get their season back on track again when they face neighbours Killeeshil next Monday night.

http://teamtalkmag.com/2018/05/errigal-thirds-defeat-clogher/

Is that the Sean McKenna that was on the all Ireland u21 winning team playing for the thirds team?  Not bad going for a clubs third team but we'll never see them promoted. surely omagh would be capable of fielding a junior team? Whats peoples views on a club having a division 3 team as well as a division 1 team or whats the pros and cons of it? I know scotstown have the same setup and their div 1 team seem quite successful in monaghan.

DownFanatic

What are the rules on eligibility?
Are Errigal required to produce a list of players that aren't eligible for Thirds football at the start of the year?

toby47

Quote from: DownFanatic on May 15, 2018, 11:00:41 AM
Are Errigal required to produce a list of players that aren't eligible for Thirds football at the start of the year?

As far as I know if you play a senior/reserve league game you aren't eligible to play for the thirds.

Clubs that have a thirds team usually run it separately from their senior/reserve team. Usually more of a sociable/recreational atmosphere and not used in a way that if someone is starring they are promoted to the reserve/senior team.

GlenMan

Quote from: toby47 on May 15, 2018, 11:40:13 AM

As far as I know if you play a senior/reserve league game you aren't eligible to play for the thirds.

Clubs that have a thirds team usually run it separately from their senior/reserve team. Usually more of a sociable/recreational atmosphere and not used in a way that if someone is starring they are promoted to the reserve/senior team.

Perhaps not in this case. Errigal are definitely playing some of their Div 1 players in the III's team whenever the thirds are playing on a different day to the Senior teams. Surely this isn't fair to the Junior Clubs?

omagh_gael

Anyone know the craic with next fixtures for the clubs? According to the Tyrone website we are due to play Urney on the 27th but our clubnotes on HoganStand have said next game is the following weekend on 3rd June!

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: GlenMan on May 15, 2018, 12:00:55 PM

Perhaps not in this case. Errigal are definitely playing some of their Div 1 players in the III's team whenever the thirds are playing on a different day to the Senior teams. Surely this isn't fair to the Junior Clubs?

No this doesn't happen, players are declared at the start of the year on the Thirds are they will only play Thirds for that season

TabClear

To be fair to EC I dont think this has been the case either. Obviously cannot comment on every game but they do usually seem to have a pretty clear line between the two squads. I know they have had Senior or Ex Senior players in the past but thats fair enough if they have dropped to the thirds for a reason (Committment/Fitness/age etc). Errigal are actually at a disadvantage  as they will likely never have a "superstar" in their thirds team (like McShane etc for Owen Roes") as they will obviously be in the 1st team squad. I took a quick look at some of the players featuring in the last couple of matches and while a few players seem stronger than usual, as long as they arent swapping between the squads thats ok in my book. A testament to the strength in depth and numbers they get out (and catchment area no doubt  ;)) so fair play. 

LeoMc

Any names?

GetOverTheBar

Don't really see what the fuss is if EC are fluid with their squads - Lets be honest since the amalgamation it's a super club anyway, when you see other clubs struggle to field a senior and reserve team in and around that area - to see them with 4 squads is a bit of a joke.

That being said, I do wonder what Errigal are producing when I see Davy Harte tog out in full forward for them and Daisy playing for their Senior Reserves.

tyronegael4

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 14, 2018, 12:27:00 PM
Quote from: outside of the left on May 14, 2018, 11:36:15 AM
Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on May 14, 2018, 11:20:16 AM
Quote from: outside of the left on May 14, 2018, 10:57:13 AM
Was a feisty game to say the least in greencastle yesterday. Carson had the ball at the time of the incident and was a dirty hit but he got a red card and that should be the end of it. cant see how it warrants more than a 1 game suspension just because the injury sustained was more serious. why treat it differently than any other strike?

Outside of the left you cant actually think this small curly haired p***k didn't mean what he did? in a court of law it would be GBH simple as that, remember one punch incident can be life threatening as we know in Omagh in the past 5 years. no place for it anywhere let alone a football match.

Lough were winning by 5 when it happened the lad must be a complete tr**p to do such a thing.

The player that struck has a long running history of this type of thuggery. Only way to stop him from doing it is to remove him from playing!!

So if Mark Carson receives a career ending injury, What you are saying is a 1 match ban is enough?? Punishment doesn't fit the crime imo!!![/b]

the injury cant affect the suspension, the exact same incident could happen again next week and the player on the receiving end could jump back up and there wouldnt be a word about it. Worst thing is it wasnt even the dirtiest hit in the game
Aye the Loughmacrory corner backs strike on the Greencastle man in the build up to the Loughmacrory goal was a dirty hit to.
Sludden seen it and decided to ignore it just like the incident with Carson.

It is also worth mentioning the fact there were a lot of Greencastle men giving nasty hits throughout the pitch and the fact an individual player from Greencastle got black carded in the first half, made his way down to kick two Loughmacrory boys on the ground when the row was on. Not acceptable and if the Loughmacrory member who jumped the wire is punished, that man should be too.

DownFanatic

Errigal have the biggest pick of any club in Tyrone?