Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Quote from: Targetman on January 01, 2020, 12:26:17 AM
The video doing the rounds is feck all to do with the assault on Mooney!!
Yea was gonna say that video wasnt taken in Newry

Sandstorm

I wish the lad all the best for a full and quick recovery. Happy and prosperous new year to all followers of our great games.  Good luck to Kilcoo on Saturday,  I think they can do it. What about a new year resolution,  let's discuss our games a d cut out the nastiness that has blighted this site recently!

snoopdog

Quote from: Nanderson on January 01, 2020, 12:33:34 AM
Quote from: Targetman on January 01, 2020, 12:26:17 AM
The video doing the rounds is feck all to do with the assault on Mooney!!
Yea was gonna say that video wasnt taken in Newry
That video is from an incident in Cork. Miraculously that guy is ok. But i agree people are more concerned about videoing these things than trying to prevent it.

Cuan12

I, like a few members on this forum have to question why would any one stand and video some one being the victim of a serious assault, if it's purely to put the footage out on social media sites I would seriously question that persons morals, I would love to see that person also prosecuted but am unsure if they commit any crime when filming some one getting a severe beating , bottom line is we all wish Caolan a speedy recovery.

under the bar

Any word who the fellas charged are from?

Ambrose

Quote from: under the bar on January 01, 2020, 09:09:23 PM

They're from Newry. I'll say no more.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Smurfy123

Hope Caolan makes a speedy recovery. Big miss for Down for league I would imagine 3 month recovery especially with the bleed on the brain something that really can not be messed about with. Although football will be the last thing on his mind as he recovers.

Gaelforce123

Dont understand people making up stories about Ballykinlar/Newry or wherever for the COE. Ballykinlar is the chosen site, it will cost less to do it there than anywhere else, the ground is already in good order and the area available is most suitable. Ballykinlar is 45/50 minutes maxiumum to any club in the county (Newry 48 mins), most south Down clubs Mayobridge, Rostrevor, Burren are all within 40 minutes. Clonduff, Drumgath, Annaclone just over 30 mins and all mourne clubs are 30-40 mins. The Successful Down teams of the 90's trained in Ballykinlar and this facility will be much better than then. Currently the development squads, county Ladies teams and numerous clubs travel to the current Ballykinlar club to train. To me it is the obvious decision given the ground available, Castlewellan would be ideal however there is going to be suitable available areas for sale or lease in every village and town in the county. Just because Pairc Esler is Newry doesnt mean COE has to be. Derry has Celtic Park, COE in Owenbeg, Tyrone have Omagh, COE in Ballygawley, Monaghan have Clones, COE in Cloghan. I live in South Down and have been to Ballykinlar many times doing the run to trainings and works fine and is a good deal done by the county board and it will be the site the COE will be at and will help to push our county on

PTC

Many neutrals heading for Breffni tomorrow? Would be brilliant for Down football if kilcoo could get a victory

under the bar

Quote from: Ambrose on January 01, 2020, 09:45:41 PM
Quote from: under the bar on January 01, 2020, 09:09:23 PM

They're from Newry. I'll say no more.

Named now. What's the Down GAA connection?

Maurice Moss

All the best to our senior men today.

#UTM

snoopdog

Good luck to Kilcoo today. Hope you do it.

Nanderson

Good win for Down u20's. Anyone at it or any idea of who would be on the team this year

BarryBreensBandage

Well done Kilcoo. Now to win it.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

snoopdog

Magnificent by Kilcoo. Weathered the storm amd got over the line. Delighted for them. Corofin will be hard to beat but kilcoo will do their homework. Go and win it.  Then get some of those guys into the Down panel.