Aras Attracta Care home in Mayo

Started by laoislad, December 09, 2014, 11:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

I felt sick and upset by what I saw on Prime Time tonight.
What vile people.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

JoG2

Shocking. Will those ba$tards get jail time?

sans pessimism

Words aren't enough to describe the feeling of disgust in the pit of my stomach.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

armaghniac

I'm a bit shocked that this is in a relatively rural area. In a situation where the staff have to live in the same locality as the relatives of the people in the home, you'd expect some respect, but there was none.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

They should be locked up amd at the very least run out of Swinford.

macdanger2

Maguire01

It was disgusting - very difficult to watch. Similar situations in GB led to convictions - the same will need to happen here.

Shrewdness

I know that there might have been legal reasons for it, but i found it ironic that the poor helpless patients had their faces shown to the nation, whilst their abusers had their identities protected. If convictions are secured against those responsible, last night's Prime Time should be reshown in the future and this time, reveal the identity of the abusers.

Maguire01

Quote from: Shrewdness on December 10, 2014, 07:30:51 AM
I know that there might have been legal reasons for it, but i found it ironic that the poor helpless patients had their faces shown to the nation, whilst their abusers had their identities protected. If convictions are secured against those responsible, last night's Prime Time should be reshown in the future and this time, reveal the identity of the abusers.
The patients' relatives were part of the programme, so it seems clear there was consent for their faces to be shown.

ballinaman

Had to turn it off, horrendous stuff. The one in the red hoodie.. >:(

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 09, 2014, 11:54:01 PM
They should be locked up amd at the very least run out of Swinford.

You can be sure that the locals can recognise the culprits, whether their faces were pixelated or not.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Shrewdness

I take your point Maguire. The families had obviously given the all clear for their family members identities to be revealed. Fair play to the family members who were interviewed for being so dignified and restrained.

Rossfan

Didn't see it but from what I've heard and going by the comments here it was awful carry on.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

omagh_gael

I wonder would it have something to do with potential legal implications in the future. As far as I am aware the scumbags Donal McIntyre caught (late ninties) in a 'care home' got off on their charges as their identities were revealed beforehand resulting in them not receiving a fair trial. The dirty bastards implicated in Panorama's Winterbourne expose had their identity shown and still were found guilty as there was a significant chunk of footage held back from public consumption in case a similar case to McIntyre's crew was made.

I work as a challenging behaviour consultant for an intellectual disability charity in the North and this shit really fucks me off. To see some of the most vulnerable people in society treated in this way is truely shocking. Sooner they are exposed the better.