Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Agree with the above post about mccarron he seemed to have got serious abuse!

And an you anyone clear up whether Hughes got the red for the McCann hair ruffling or for clipping Richie Donnelly before that?

tonto1888

Quote from: Meadbh on August 09, 2015, 11:00:03 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 09, 2015, 10:45:34 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2015, 02:06:25 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 09, 2015, 02:02:38 AM
McMahon did seem to be doing some serious slabbering on Tv, nearly a re-run of his brother at halftime in the Donegal game

Serious slabbering? What was he saying or who to? How many times did you see this 'serious slabbering'?

It was shown on tele a few times mate. He was yelling in general, pumping his fists but also he was saying a few things to the Monaghan players.  Not a lip reader so couldn't say whatever's happening but it didn't look to be said in a friendly manner

Same goes for every time the camera panned to McCarron. Consistently being slagged. Why zone in on Tyrone as sole purveyors of sledging? They were all at it.

Not saying they weren't. I was just answering a guys question

INDIANA

Quote from: rrhf on August 09, 2015, 10:15:10 AM
Couldnt be bothered reading through this thread...glorious Sunday morning  and yes back in an all Ireland semifinal.  Great performance by Tyrone yesterday. Was disappointed in.some.of.the monaghan off the ball stuff  combined with refereeeing standards that lead to a discipline breakdown and some silliness in the last 10. That's  enough on that though.
Most importantly I'm sure  there's men throughout the land who are raging that a little feared Tyrone team could go so far.  I Don't give them much chance against kerry but fair.play to them..I'd have loved to be playing the dubs as we would beat them at the moment.

You wouldn't beat us at paintballing . You're ranked a distant 4th among present company

Rodman

Quote from: trileacman on August 09, 2015, 02:20:36 AM
Can't condone McCann's actions. I've said since the days of Aidan O'Mahoneys dive v Cork it should carry a 1 match ban applied retrospectively. T'is the only way to address it.

Think there's a lot of hysteria about the rest of the game. Meath took out our talisman and team leader in 96 before trying a frontal lobotomy on Brian Dooher. They're remembered as a good hard team from a golden era from the rose-tinted brigade. The ending to today's game which ended in farce had a lot to do with the terrible refereeing of Duffy. f**k the match would have stood a better chance from the likes of Pat McEnaney or even god forbid Paddy Russell. The standard of refereeing today is f**king shambolic, Padraic Hughes, the Duffy's (because one wasn't enough) and Joe McQuillan represent the fresh-faced bullshit from modern HQ on how to be a ref, ie, pointless f**king box-tickers. The match had all the hallmarks of a ref who'd lost the respect of the players and hence the closing anarchy. Having handed out some very soft frees early to McAliskey, Cavanagh and McCrory he then turned his attention to screwing Tyrone instead of Monaghan by black carding Meyler. Several potential black cards for Tyrone were then overlooked off the back of this shitty call.

Cavanagh was very pumped for this game and put in a savage performance but was too highly strung. His yellow card had been coming and following it, Harte put him into FF where he couldn't rush in so rashly again. McNamee too became increasingly frustrated and aggressive towards the end of the game and many managers would have recognised as a player starting to lose the head and called him ashore. But Monaghan players too, most notably Finlay and Hughes crossed the line as regards their conduct. However, much to the ire of the players on the pitch, Duffy carried out no serious punishment for any of the indiscipline which in turn creates a scenario where players feel the need to meat out their out retribution.

I can't lay all the blame at Duffy's door. Finlay, Hughes, Cavanagh and McNamee were all over involved in the indiscipline and some or all of them could have seen the line but Duffy made matters much, much worse. By pedantically punishing minor indiscretions or wronging penalising the innocent and then fcking ignoring the incidents he should have controlled he lost control of the players around him.

Donnelly was excellent. McCann was a f**king terrible substitution, near cost us the match. Brennan was the man to take up Meyler's role, they're very similar, failing that McNulty could've been trusted with it. McCurry is a top forward, very reliable and consistent, McAliskey isn't as much but tries hard to be fair to him. Never seen Colm as a sweeper but f**k he can do it well enough. Bradley was very quiet after a busy 4 weeks. McNamee bar his moments of madness, managed McManus well. McNabb is a safe pair of hands too. McCrory is an enigma now, no longer a man-marker can he really play a box to box strategy? Morgan was excellent too and his awareness and quality of kickouts is a major factor in our success. Arguably a poorer stopper and weaker under the high ball than O'Neill but his quality with ball in hand or off the deck is priceless.

Spot on post.

At the end of the day, some people enjoy Tyrone, the majority hate us. But its not a popularity contest. The championship is a better competition when there is a Tyrone team who are competing at the business end. People have an opinion about Tyrone, they create talking points, they have characters on the team - unlike teams like Down, Kildare, Derry, Roscommon etc,  who nobody outside those counties have an opinion on. Whether you like Tyrone or not those people who hate them will some tune in and watch them.  And all this nonsense about Tyrone style being bad for the game, complete nonsense.  Tyrone V the Dubs for the final - the 2 most hated teams in the country.

yellowcard

Quote from: INDIANA on August 09, 2015, 11:20:18 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 09, 2015, 10:15:10 AM
Couldnt be bothered reading through this thread...glorious Sunday morning  and yes back in an all Ireland semifinal.  Great performance by Tyrone yesterday. Was disappointed in.some.of.the monaghan off the ball stuff  combined with refereeeing standards that lead to a discipline breakdown and some silliness in the last 10. That's  enough on that though.
Most importantly I'm sure  there's men throughout the land who are raging that a little feared Tyrone team could go so far.  I Don't give them much chance against kerry but fair.play to them..I'd have loved to be playing the dubs as we would beat them at the moment.

You wouldn't beat us at paintballing . You're ranked a distant 4th among present company

Arrogant but true.

Sidney

Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2015, 09:35:44 AM
Ziggy doing a sterling job this morning locking needless threads.
Tyrone people are easily offended, like.

The most important thing here is that a shameless diver is protected from criticism.

Tiernan McCann has to get up in the morning. He's still flat out on the ground at the moment, though.

Whishtup

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 09, 2015, 11:09:42 AM
Quote from: Meadbh on August 09, 2015, 11:00:03 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 09, 2015, 10:45:34 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2015, 02:06:25 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 09, 2015, 02:02:38 AM
McMahon did seem to be doing some serious slabbering on Tv, nearly a re-run of his brother at halftime in the Donegal game

Serious slabbering? What was he saying or who to? How many times did you see this 'serious slabbering'?

It was shown on tele a few times mate. ]He was yelling in general, pumping his fists but also he was saying a few things to the Monaghan players.  Not a lip reader so couldn't say whatever's happening but it didn't look to be said in a friendly manner

Same goes for every time the camera panned to McCarron. Consistently being slagged. Why zone in on Tyrone as sole purveyors of sledging? They were all at it.

Not saying they weren't. I was just answering a guys question

I'm sorry but Justin McMahon can't be dragged into this for yelling and pumping fists.  He got Irate with ref when Monaghan player went in late with the knee in the first half. Other than that he played a blinder.

An Watcher

First team out of the Ulster championship, last Ulster team standing in the all Ireland series.

Beantown

Let's just call the whole thing off and hand the championship to the most polite, well mannered and courteous team in the country.... Good luck finding one though... It's dog eat dog time in the championship.  Yes it was hard tough and at times nasty but god oh some people are going overboard.  Lochra Gael during the week showed the Meath cork rivalry in the late 80's.  Them games would have finished 5 a side now .  At times the tackles and off the ball incidents were brutal, but fellas expected it and got on with it back then. 

Over the moon that Tyrone won, it will give Des Cahill something to spontaneously combust over on Sunday game tonight.  But don't forget Aidan O Mahony's dive a couple of years back and Michael Shields v Kerry this year.  I am not defending McCann in any way at all, it was pathetic and embarrassing, more so for himself than anyone else, but the complete hysteria is laughable.

Tyrone were the better team yesterday.  Will we beat Kerry in 2 weeks? Probably not and RTE and Croke park will breathe a sigh of relief but we have done more than anyone thought in getting to a semi final and will give Kerry a tough game.

The ref was always going to be an embarrassment and so it proved.  To have these game officiated by someone like Duffy beggars belief.  Totally ruined the flow of the game.  On numerous occasions players from both teams got free from tackles , played the ball to a team mate in acres of space yet Duffy saw fit to call it back.  You could see tempers starting to boil due to frustration.  Players from both sides were hitting each other shoulders off the ball and walking on but nothing more, yet Duffy stops an attacking opportunity to run 50 yards to say cut it out, not even issuing a card, much to the demise of the game as a whole.   

But anyway, well done Tyrone. 28 other teams would swap places with them in an instant.

On a side note, Mayo were very impressive yesterday. 

muppet

Watching this again, McCann should have gotten a straight red for kicking Hughes: http://giant.gfycat.com/QualifiedConcreteLabradorretriever.mp4
MWWSI 2017

tyroneboi

Quote from: Sidney on August 09, 2015, 12:04:39 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on August 09, 2015, 11:51:54 AM
Quote from: Sidney on August 09, 2015, 11:49:12 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 09, 2015, 11:44:47 AM
The vast majority of Tyrone fans here have outright condemned McCann's actions.

But they haven't. They've rejoiced in it. You wouldn't expect any more from Tyrone people.

I know you're a pure WUM but show us a few examples of people 'rejoicing' in it??
The attitude from Tyrone people has been depressing but not at all surprising. Apologists for McCann and for Tyrone's cynicism and gamesmanship have been on full time duty here since 5:30pm yesterday. Tyrone people have form for this. After all, they've been defending the shameless diving of Philip Jordan, who deliberately got an opponent sent off for nothing in All-Ireland final, since 2003. Tyrone people are so practised in propaganda that they could work for Fox News.

Are you still moaning about Martin O'Connell and John McDermott by the way? Two players who had more manliness in their little fingers than than the current Tyrone panel put together can muster

Again show me these apologists for McCann?? I have yet to see one man defending him on here!

ONeill

To be fair there's nothing worse than a man fist pumping. Fist pumping should be the 6th black card crime. Fist pumping bastards. And yelling.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2015, 12:06:50 PM
Watching this again, McCann should have gotten a straight red for kicking Hughes: http://giant.gfycat.com/QualifiedConcreteLabradorretriever.mp4

On further analysis, Marty had just been hit by a sniper. See the syringe protruding from the right side of his head.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

MWWSI 2017