Building A House

Started by 118cmal, May 19, 2009, 02:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

118cmal

I was wondering can anyone tell me how much roughly a house would take per square foot to build?  The land is not a problem so this would include everything else including a 20K kitchen and Bathroom suites.

The house will be a medium sized bungalow, 2-decent sized bedrooms (one en-suite), a master bedroom (en-suite), Kitchen, living-room, play-room, sitting room and a further bathroom.

This is obviously a very rough guide but how big would you expect this house to be, and approximately how much do you think the build would cost?

Assume that I will not be doing any of the work myself.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

tyronefan

north or south?

Your house is going to be some where in the region of 2000 - 2500 square feet

118cmal

Quote from: tyronefan on May 19, 2009, 02:29:55 PM
north or south?

Your house is going to be some where in the region of 2000 - 2500 square feet

In the North.  Searched old posts couldn't find a thread on it.

Cheers

Muzz

As far as I know at the height of the building a house was costing approximately £55 per square foot to build.

Its down now to about £45 or maybe less.  Some of the builders should be able to tell you.

Newbridge Exile

If you were going to go self build ie not engage a main contractor but organise all the separate trades yourself ,you probably would be talking something in the region of £30-38 per square foot .
If you are going to get a contractor in then in this day and age you should be able to get it done for between £40-50 per square foot-( this would  depend on the amount of site works to be done and if the site was sloping etc )

quit yo jibbajabba

guys, could someone bump the more detialed thread on this; ive tried to find it but i cant;

also, the estimates of £40,45 and 50 per square foot; does this include eg the bathroom,kitchen, ie a completed house; or just the house completely built etc
(apologies for my ignorance, very new to this)!

Onion Bag

Quote from: 118cmal on May 19, 2009, 02:10:26 PM
I was wondering can anyone tell me how much roughly a house would take per square foot to build?  The land is not a problem so this would include everything else including a 20K kitchen and Bathroom suites.

The house will be a medium sized bungalow, 2-decent sized bedrooms (one en-suite), a master bedroom (en-suite), Kitchen, living-room, play-room, sitting room and a further bathroom.

This is obviously a very rough guide but how big would you expect this house to be, and approximately how much do you think the build would cost?

Assume that I will not be doing any of the work myself.

20K Kitchen, no bother to you,

I would allow £40-£50 per sq foot, for a builders finish, i.e no Kitchen, Bathrooms, floor coverings, pinting, etc,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

quit yo jibbajabba

cheers;
also, interested in a couple of sites; one at 70k one at 80k, (south derry lets say);
are sites now well at their price, or does anyone think theres still room for some downward negotiation?

Onion Bag

Dont know how much sites are at the min, but you should be able to hackle alright, saying the banks arent throwing money at people anymore, there wont be as many interested in buying it,

quit yo jibbajabba

cheers onion bag; they were took down from round 100k a few weeks ago; but sure i can ask the question anyway.....

Onion Bag

Kepp pushing the Bastards down, show the money but dont act too interested, and ask my favourite question of all time, "Whats the rock bottom on her"

umgolaarmagh

Quit yo

send me an email and i will forward you on a full bill of quants for a 2250sq foot house

info@ppmni.com

quit yo jibbajabba

done umgo; thanks;
cheers onion bag; seein them tomorrow; will keep that wee phrase in mind ;D

Onion Bag