Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Good luck to the Cavan Ladies today in their all Ireland semi against Down in the park. Hopefully they can go on and win it out this time after the disappointment of 2 years ago.

Itchy

Cavan win 4.12 to 0.11. Very good display. Well done to all involved.

Westside

The Goalkeeper, Grainne Smith, The Center Back, Donna English, Bronagh Sheridan all played very well. Another day out in Croker for us! Let's hope we can finish it out this time. Should have won it in 2011 but for Donna English picking up a yellow and some bizzare decisions on the line in the first game.

nothingbettertobeat

what way does the Cavan Championship Work i see Cavan Gaels were beat at the weekend in championship but theyre still not out?
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

rodney trotter

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on September 02, 2013, 08:57:37 AM
what way does the Cavan Championship Work i see Cavan Gaels were beat at the weekend in championship but theyre still not out?

They go into round 3 which is backdoor, play Kinsgcourt for a place in the Quarter finals.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 02, 2013, 09:16:02 AM
Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on September 02, 2013, 08:57:37 AM

They go into round 3 which is backdoor, play Kinsgcourt for a place in the Quarter finals.

thanks Rodney.

SJ is hardly available for the championship following his move back?

who do you reckon will win the Cavan championship?
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

rodney trotter

Yeah the transfer has gone through so he should be available for the Kingscourt game. They could do with him back in the side.

Its very open to be honest, 3/4 sides could win it but I think Ramor will win it myself, they have a young team but have been playing great football all year. Top of Division 1 and have hammered Drumgoon and Gowna to reach the Quarter finals.

Westside

Who are Southern Gaels in the Minor?

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

rodney trotter

Quote from: Westside on September 03, 2013, 10:11:50 PM
Who are Southern Gaels in the Minor?

Won the Division 2 Minor League this year, very strong side. Good forwards in Paul Leddy, Cian Bannon. I think they will have enough to get past  Templeport.

Westside

It'd be a shock if they did Rodney but who knows. They're all good teams left at this stage.

rodney trotter

Having seen Southern Gaels plenty of times this year it wouldn't be a big surprise to be honest. Templeport got to the Minor League final and have done well in the championship ,so they will obviously be confident. Should be a decent game.

Westside

Maybe not to you Rodney but to everyone else it would be, Templeport and Ramor have been the outstanding teams right through all the age grades at Division 1, Ramor will be the favourites to win it, followed by Templeport, any challenge to their dominance would be a shock. Admittedly though I haven't seen Southern Gaels so maybe they're better than I'm giving them credit for. Have you seen Templeport this year Rodney? It's always tough coming up against an amalgamation especially for teams low on numbers. Is it in Killeshandra?

rodney trotter

Ramor would be favs no doubt, I wasn't referring to winning it out,. Just the game they are involved in against Templeport. Yeah I saw the Minor League Final between Templeport and Ramor, that's what I am basing it on.

Its in Killeshandra yep.

Itchy

4 Ulster All Stars for Cavan players tonight - Killian Clarke, Mackey, Keating and Martin Dunne. Congrats to the lads and well deserved.