China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Taylor on April 12, 2021, 02:36:24 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 12, 2021, 01:40:52 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 12, 2021, 01:21:46 PM
I'm comfortable with people not being forced to take the vaccine provided the refusers accept they give up the right to access cinemas, pubs, concert venues, holidays etc.

Basically pin the yellow star on them then?

This type of thinking is insane. You are saying you want to isolate people from society, who won't take an experimental vaccine, as is their right for something, they most likely will never even get anyway?

I can't for the life of me understand, after this last year and whatever. Demanding people are excluded from society, for the potential spread of something they may not even have, let alone know they have when you will be protected from serious illness anyway due to having the privilege of being vaccinated.

While we are it, might as well carpet bomb the Africans.

GOTB have you ever or would you be happy enough to get a vaccine to visit certain countries?

You have to get jabs to visit certain countries (pre Covid) - if you dont want the jab dont visit that place.

Can you see something similar or are you talking about purely domestic venues?

This is already the case in the US in some areas.

Kids cannot go to school in New York if they don't have their childhood vaccines. Good luck getting a job teaching them if you don't your boosters up to date either.

And even with the large Jewish population, certain sections of which are anti-vax, I've never heard "yellow stars" being mentioned here.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: J70 on April 12, 2021, 07:58:01 PM
Quote from: Taylor on April 12, 2021, 02:36:24 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 12, 2021, 01:21:46 PM
I'm comfortable with people not being forced to take the vaccine provided the refusers accept they give up the right to access cinemas, pubs, concert venues, holidays etc.

Basically pin the yellow star on them then?

This type of thinking is insane. You are saying you want to isolate people from society, who won't take an experimental vaccine, as is their right for something, they most likely will never even get anyway?

I can't for the life of me understand, after this last year and whatever. Demanding people are excluded from society, for the potential spread of something they may not even have, let alone know they have when you will be protected from serious illness anyway due to having the privilege of being vaccinated.

While we are it, might as well carpet bomb the Africans.

GOTB have you ever or would you be happy enough to get a vaccine to visit certain countries?

You have to get jabs to visit certain countries (pre Covid) - if you dont want the jab dont visit that place.

Can you see something similar or are you talking about purely domestic venues?

This is already the case in the US in some areas.

Kids cannot go to school in New York if they don't have their childhood vaccines. Good luck getting a job teaching them if you don't your boosters up to date either.

And even with the large Jewish population, certain sections of which are anti-vax, I've never heard "yellow stars" being mentioned here.

We have people on this thread basically saying if someone for whatever reason doesn't want the vaccine they should be banned from society and segregated.

How much closer to it do we need?

Thankfully it's the type of view nobody would ever put their real name and face to so it's likely to gain much traction (although you'll always have someone trying to make a name for themselves) in popular society.

If anyone has this particular view I would actually like them to elaborate how this would work, do they stay in their own ghetto in Roscommon or wherever out of the road, banned from entering neighbouring counties?

Tony Baloney

QuoteWe have people on this thread basically saying if someone for whatever reason doesn't want the vaccine they should be banned from society and segregated.

Hysterical nonsense! Nobody would be segregated in that scenario, they'd be making a choice. If I chose not to get a driving licence I'd be restricted from driving a car and have to live with the constraints associated with that.

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2021, 06:00:46 PM
So they won't be getting the vaccine in New Zealand or Australia? News to me

The governments worldwide bar those two did the same thing. They didn't take it seriously at the start and let it rip with the likes of Cheltenham football and rugby, kept flights open and so on.

Old news it's happened and as you say countless deaths, now the only positive spin from this is the roll out of the vaccine, which may bring this under manageable control regarding deaths and hospital admissions.

But you'd rather not take the vaccine and invent a time machine and go back and stop it leaving China?

Or get the vaccine and have the economy open up?

But why would you need to get the vaccine if you lived in NZ? If you want to leave the country, then maybe. But if the borders are controlled, strict quarantine/testing in place, then there'd be no need to get the vaccine.

Never mind Cheltenham. It was reported that 100,000 came into Ireland in January from abroad. You can make some allowances for not getting it right at the start, but 100,00 people allowed into the country nearly a year into the pandemic? Holy suffering f**k!

JoG2

Quote from: BennyCake on April 12, 2021, 09:16:17 PM

The governments worldwide bar those two did the same thing. They didn't take it seriously at the start and let it rip with the likes of Cheltenham football and rugby, kept flights open and so on.

Old news it's happened and as you say countless deaths, now the only positive spin from this is the roll out of the vaccine, which may bring this under manageable control regarding deaths and hospital admissions.

But you'd rather not take the vaccine and invent a time machine and go back and stop it leaving China?

But why would you need to get the vaccine if you lived in NZ? If you want to leave the country, then maybe. But if the borders are controlled, strict quarantine/testing in place, then there'd be no need to get the vaccine.

Never mind Cheltenham. It was reported that 100,000 came into Ireland in January from abroad. You can make some allowances for not getting it right at the start, but 100,00 people allowed into the country nearly a year into the pandemic? Holy suffering f**k!

NZ etc want and need to get back to normality, to allow millions of tourists back in and New Zealanders out, ex pats returning or visiting home and the like. Re them not needing a vaccine, you must be having a laugh, no?
What do you reckon re other vaccines, will we knock the likes of the MMR vaccine on the head too? Must cost a serious amount of cash year on year

imtommygunn

They're not going to close their borders forever. Tbh border wise they should have shut them here. They have never been prepared to and really this thing has had the legs it has had due to that.

Milltown Row2

Are you serious or has your account been taken over by Angelo!Smurphy/seaney?

So by your logic, everyone in NZ stays there for ever? Australia too? Bizarre
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2021, 09:54:06 PM

Are you serious or has your account been taken over by Angelo!Smurphy/seaney?

So by your logic, everyone in NZ stays there for ever? Australia too? Bizarre

Milltown Row2

So only get the vaccine if you leave the country? It's ok for people from NZ to get a vaccine passport but everyone else it's an attack on their civil liberties!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Evil Genius

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 12, 2021, 12:43:28 PM
The vaccines are experimental.

You are saying you want to isolate people from society, who won't take an experimental vaccine,
What do you mean by "experimental"?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2021, 10:21:04 PM
So only get the vaccine if you leave the country? It's ok for people from NZ to get a vaccine passport but everyone else it's an attack on their civil liberties!

I didn't mention a vaccine passport.

It should be up to the person themselves if they want to get it before leaving the country.

Evil Genius

Quote from: BennyCake on April 12, 2021, 05:47:29 PM
Aye, and what did governments do to help me, you and the rest of society? F**ked about, letting thousands in and out early days, and the virus out of control. Thousands of needless deaths, everyone of them, the blame lies at politicians doors.

There should be no need for any of us to take this vaccine because the virus should, have been kept out. NZ and Australia have it under control, as well as lots of other island nations. New Zealander's are able to live their lives because their leaders did the right things.  But because the useless w**kers on this island f**ked about, now it's all up to everyone of us to do what's right for society? You can f**k right off.
So just because the politicians fucked up their response to the virus taking hold in 2020 (which they did), we should punish them for their incompetence by refusing to take an effective vaccine from them in 2021?

Yeah, that'll teach 'em!  ::)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 12, 2021, 08:53:34 PM
We have people on this thread basically saying if someone for whatever reason doesn't want the vaccine they should be banned from society and segregated.
What do you mean by "banned from society" and "segregated"?
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

BennyCake

Quote from: Evil Genius on April 12, 2021, 10:41:05 PM
Aye, and what did governments do to help me, you and the rest of society? F**ked about, letting thousands in and out early days, and the virus out of control. Thousands of needless deaths, everyone of them, the blame lies at politicians doors.

There should be no need for any of us to take this vaccine because the virus should, have been kept out. NZ and Australia have it under control, as well as lots of other island nations. New Zealander's are able to live their lives because their leaders did the right things.  But because the useless w**kers on this island f**ked about, now it's all up to everyone of us to do what's right for society? You can f**k right off.
So just because the politicians fucked up their response to the virus taking hold in 2020 (which they did), we should punish them for their incompetence by refusing to take an effective vaccine from them in 2021?

I didn't say that. We shouldn't be in this position. If they'd handled it like NZ/Aus, we wouldn't even need to take any vaccine.

And only time will tell if it's an effective vaccine.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on April 12, 2021, 11:10:37 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on April 12, 2021, 10:41:05 PM

I didn't say that. We shouldn't be in this position. If they'd handled it like NZ/Aus, we wouldn't even need to take any vaccine.

And only time will tell if it's an effective vaccine.

We are in this position and no one is saying the governments were right! They fucked it monumentally wrong.

So with that being said, and agreed, you think we should not vaccine, as it's pointless as it needs to be reviewed and studied for a period of time (6/10 years) before its used.

Or just track and trace, open things up and see how than works?

I believe that'll lead to multiple lockdowns, how depressing would that be