New Rules Regards Eligibility

Started by DownFanatic, December 21, 2015, 07:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

So those players get a year aff.

Rule underage rule possibly not thought through?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thewobbler

I'm going to guess that it's a deliberate policy to limit the potential for schoolboys being called up for senior county teams, as when that happens it only adds to the problem that regrading was meant to solve.

theskull1

Did Antrim break the rules then do you reckon wobbler?

I very much doubt U18s are ineligible to play U20 and it would seem Senior

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

mrhardyannual

Treoraí  Oifigiúil   Cuid I
Rule 6.17      Age Grades

Effective from January 1st 2018, the above Section shall read:

Adult: - Club Be Over 17 years - Inter-County Be Over 18 years

Under 21: - Club Be Under 21 years and Over 16 years - Inter-County Hurling Be Under 21 years and Over 18 years

Under 20: - Inter-County Football Be Under 20 years and Over 18 years Minor

(Under 18)
: - Club Be Under 18 and Over 14 years Minor

(Under 17): - Inter-County Be Under 17 and Over 15 years

Under 16: Be Under 16 years and Over 12 years

Under 14: Be Under 14 years and Over 10 years

Under 12: Be Under 12 years and Over 9 years

To be "Under" an age shall mean that the player shall celebrate the Upper Limit birthday (e.g. 21st. for Under 21 Grade) on the 1st. January of the Championship Year or on a later date. To be "Over" an age shall mean that the player shall have celebrated the Lower Limit birthday (e.g. 17th. to participate in Adult Grades (Club)) prior to the 1st. January of the Championship Year. Adult shall include Senior, Intermediate and Junior Grades.

Girls may participate only up to and including the Under 12 Grade.

Note: In the interests of the avoidance of any doubt regarding Age Grade eligibility, Championship Year shall mean the Calendar Year in which the Competition is commenced. In the event that the Competition is completed in a subsequent Calendar Year, such circumstances shall not be construed so as to allow a player who was ineligible, by reason of age, at the date of the commencement of the Competition to play in the Competition at any time up to and including the date of its conclusion.

johnneycool

Quote from: mrhardyannual on January 05, 2018, 10:13:10 PM
Treoraí  Oifigiúil   Cuid I
Rule 6.17      Age Grades

Effective from January 1st 2018, the above Section shall read:

Adult: - Club Be Over 17 years - Inter-County Be Over 18 years

Under 21: - Club Be Under 21 years and Over 16 years - Inter-County Hurling Be Under 21 years and Over 18 years

Under 20: - Inter-County Football Be Under 20 years and Over 18 years Minor

(Under 18)
: - Club Be Under 18 and Over 14 years Minor

(Under 17): - Inter-County Be Under 17 and Over 15 years

Under 16: Be Under 16 years and Over 12 years

Under 14: Be Under 14 years and Over 10 years

Under 12: Be Under 12 years and Over 9 years

To be "Under" an age shall mean that the player shall celebrate the Upper Limit birthday (e.g. 21st. for Under 21 Grade) on the 1st. January of the Championship Year or on a later date. To be "Over" an age shall mean that the player shall have celebrated the Lower Limit birthday (e.g. 17th. to participate in Adult Grades (Club)) prior to the 1st. January of the Championship Year. Adult shall include Senior, Intermediate and Junior Grades.

Girls may participate only up to and including the Under 12 Grade.

Note: In the interests of the avoidance of any doubt regarding Age Grade eligibility, Championship Year shall mean the Calendar Year in which the Competition is commenced. In the event that the Competition is completed in a subsequent Calendar Year, such circumstances shall not be construed so as to allow a player who was ineligible, by reason of age, at the date of the commencement of the Competition to play in the Competition at any time up to and including the date of its conclusion.

Jesus,
    some balls up there. No intercounty football for an 18 year old. You can't play intercounty U20 but can play adult club.
Doesn't make sense.

Wildweasel74

Therealdonald

Can someone explain the rule for the U20's then? In our own county we have the second coming of God (Peter's son Darragh), but I'm led to believe he cant play for the U20's because he's still a minor at club level? Does this mean he can't play at all for the u20s or is it just up untill his club minor season is finished?

manfromdelmonte

if a county has no U18 competition then the 18 year old can play U20

DuffleKing

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 11, 2018, 07:13:16 PM
if a county has no U18 competition then the 18 year old can play U20

Where does it say that in the rules?

LeoMc

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 11, 2018, 07:05:10 PM
Can someone explain the rule for the U20's then? In our own county we have the second coming of God (Peter's son Darragh), but I'm led to believe he cant play for the U20's because he's still a minor at club level? Does this mean he can't play at all for the u20s or is it just up untill his club minor season is finished?
Maybe a year playing just club and schools football would do him not harm.

The purpose of the change was to reduce burn-out in that age group.