Let's all laugh at Totteringham

Started by ONeill, August 11, 2007, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: marty34 on November 20, 2019, 10:02:15 AM
Jose in.  That was quick!!!

As expected really.  The most interesting thing is no Rui Faria on Jose management and i'd wonder is this Joao Sacramento fella a good replacement?

yellowcard

Mourinho might well get an initial bounce on results but even that is not guaranteed with a lot of players currently running down contracts and likely to leave either in January or next summer. However the bigger issue is the mess that Mourinho leaves behind for the next manager. It just seems like such a bizarre fit for Spurs given that they aren't likely to give him a hefty chequebook.

Ethan Tremblay

Said to my other half something was up that Pochettino got the sack during the international break, Mourinho must have been putting the squeeze on the board for a decision. 

Think Tottenham have been punching well above their weight this past few years and he gave the board a lot to be happy about, so they should have stuck out until the end of the season to make a decision at least. 

Not sure how Mourinho will do not managing a traditional "big team".  He has always been well funded and an embarrassment of riches in players to make an impact so this may well be a fair assessment of his managerial ability.  What would his expectation for a league finish be now given their current standing, top 6?
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

lurganblue

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on November 20, 2019, 03:50:32 PM
Said to my other half something was up that Pochettino got the sack during the international break, Mourinho must have been putting the squeeze on the board for a decision. 

Think Tottenham have been punching well above their weight this past few years and he gave the board a lot to be happy about, so they should have stuck out until the end of the season to make a decision at least. 

Not sure how Mourinho will do not managing a traditional "big team".  He has always been well funded and an embarrassment of riches in players to make an impact so this may well be a fair assessment of his managerial ability.  What would his expectation for a league finish be now given their current standing, top 6?

Does this apply to Porto?

shark

Quote from: lurganblue on November 20, 2019, 03:52:30 PM
Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on November 20, 2019, 03:50:32 PM

Does this apply to Porto?

And also, whatever about "traditional big team", they are a big team now. There are only 9 clubs in the world with larger revenues. Their revenues are larger than two of his previous clubs (Porto & Inter) combined.

Denn Forever

Wouldn't it be funny if he was hired by Arsenal who finished  fourth above Spurs on goal difference.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Ethan Tremblay

Well in once sense, Porto did have some squad of players when they won Europe.  But I would count his time there as the platform he lifted himself onto bigger things from and he hasn't really looked back since.  At Chelsea, Inter, Madrid and Man Utd he had money and the players to get the job done. 

When I say traditional "big" clubs I am well aware of Tottenham recent history, what I meant is they are not big in the sense they are going to attract the best players in the world to complement his squad and may not have the wage budget to either to some of his past, more high profile jobs. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Maroon Manc

I didn't know Spurs had refinanced their huge debt, looks like on great terms too. They'd made huge profits in their last 2 accounts, £230m combined but because of building the stadium hadn't spend much.

There could well be more money available to spend for Mourinho than most of us first thought.

Jell 0 Biafra

Funny it wasn't available for Poch.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on November 20, 2019, 07:03:12 PM
Funny it wasn't available for Poch.

Spurs only refinanced their debt in late September.

Sportacus

His big supporter friendly move will be a bid for Bale.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Sportacus on November 20, 2019, 10:02:35 PM
His big supporter friendly move will be a bid for Bale.
The standard of golf courses near London could clinch the deal.

under the bar

Just saw that Spurs only won one game away in 2019. That's a bad 11 month record.  I expect Jose to do ok.  He has all the ingredients to win trophies with Spurs

gawa316

Jose getting paid twice what Poch got :o

Denn Forever

So it will Man united like? Can't see who would be brought in?  Can you see Spurs enjoying the defesnive h.rd wotk José demands.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...