China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 09, 2020, 06:32:06 PM
Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 06:18:17 PM
I'm with you if and when you also call for arrests over what's been happening in hospitals and nursing homes.

I would agree with arrests if that is true - its utterly ludicrous that folks can be working a shift in a COVID ward in the morning and in a nursing home that evening.

It was actually someone else that mentioned that. It is criminal.

Rossfan

Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 05:27:01 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 09, 2020, 05:24:33 PM
More of 5 points' civil liberty heroes/assholes

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/putting-lives-at-risk-limerick-td-slams-video-of-people-drinking-on-party-bus-993223.html

You're trolling linking me to that.
Not really, look at your next post 1 minute after the 1 I'm quoting.
Or are you trying to become the new Syferus?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

five points

Quote from: Rossfan on April 09, 2020, 06:42:02 PM

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/putting-lives-at-risk-limerick-td-slams-video-of-people-drinking-on-party-bus-993223.html

What's the connection between idiots on the p**s  in Limerick and what I said about what's going on in hospitals and the PR ops to deflect from it?

five points

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 09, 2020, 06:27:10 PM
Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 05:28:35 PM
It is heavy handed. In fact, it's martial law in all but name. Good luck recovering your civil liberties from Fine Gael when this is all over.

Oh away and wise up.

Yeah, in a perfect world making a journey around Ireland in your car would be fine as long as you'd a big enough and full fuel tank at the start and enough tae and ham sandwiches to keep you.

We all know that its only a matter of time before that approach goes wrong and then someone has spread the thing.

If everyone were able to operate under a perfect lockdown, this thing would be over in 4 weeks. But, aside from essential workers that put themselves at risk, it'll be people like you who continue to present new hosts to the virus that will allow it to endure.

Not a hope in hell of it ever being over in 4 weeks. Based on whats happened in Singapore, it will return even after it's beaten down.

marty34

Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 06:35:45 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 09, 2020, 06:32:40 PM
Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 06:30:37 PM
[If everyone were able to operate under a perfect lockdown, this thing would be over in 4 weeks. But, aside from essential workers that put themselves at risk, it'll be people like you who continue to present new hosts to the virus that will allow it to endure.

People like me? I'm going nowhere.

You wanting to or advocating others go somewhere.

No, people have all sorts of valid and pressing reasons for travelling at any given time. I tend to be suspicious of 'hang em and flog em' mobs.

Did you not say there's no harm in people going to their holiday homes...as long as they don't stop on the way there, shop while they're there or stop anywhere on they way back?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 06:50:40 PM
If everyone were able to operate under a perfect lockdown, this thing would be over in 4 weeks. But, aside from essential workers that put themselves at risk, it'll be people like you who continue to present new hosts to the virus that will allow it to endure.

Not a hope in hell of it ever being over in 4 weeks. Based on whats happened in Singapore, it will return even after it's beaten down.

I can assure you, that would be the case.

The virus doesn't seem to persist longer than ~4 weeks - 1 week asymptomatic, 2 weeks symptoms, 4th week critical or recovering, with no new hosts to jump into its either killed its current host or been killed by its current host.

But we'd never have a perfect lockdown so its all theoretical - people need to eat for instance.
i usse an speelchekor

mayoman dan

A cop in Britain spoke today of examining shoppers' supermarket trollies to ensure they weren't buying anything non-essential.

How that aids the greater societal good is beyond me.
[/quote]

Its a pity they wouldnt start doing that here.I work in a supermarket whats happening would sicken ya.People coming in for a few bits 2 or 3 times every day >:( >:(

Rossfan

Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 06:48:08 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 09, 2020, 06:42:02 PM

What's the connection between idiots on the p**s  in Limerick and what I said about what's going on in hospitals and the PR ops to deflect from it?
Your civil liberty blayher  newSyf.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Got stopped twice by guards and once by PSNI today going back and forth over the border for work. The PSNI fecker leaned in, sniffled, took my licence, passed it around 2 other cops, nĂ³ sanitiser and handed it back after a 10 min conference. Jokers

whitegoodman

I was at the shop this evening getting the weekly essentials and 2 PSNI officers were there buying a cup of coffee.  Hardly essential.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: hardstation on April 09, 2020, 08:44:57 PM
There seems to be an issue with people driving their cars in the north. The peelers have come out today and said that it is a breach of the regulations to drive somewhere to exercise. Seems they've just made that up themselves as the regulations don't mention that at all. If you live a mile from a park where you exercise, you can cycle there, walk there or run there but you can't drive there.

I can see why they wouldn't want people driving too far or all landing at the one natural beauty spot but a 2km rule like the south would make more sense? I can't see how they could enforce their own made up rule either.

you can drive for an essential journey, that is obviously not  ???

Rudi

According to Pat the Cope every second car in the Aldi carpark Dungloe was northern registered today. Apparently stocking up with Alcohol & goodies for the Barbecue. Not much of a lockdown, civil disobedience is high.

For balance apparently a lot of Donegal registered cars in Asda Strabane

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

At thr minute in Derry most of the traffic is coming into us not the other way around.

Rudi

Quote from: hardstation on April 09, 2020, 09:23:18 PM
Quote from: Rudi on April 09, 2020, 09:14:27 PM
According to Pat the Cope every second car in the Aldi carpark Dungloe was northern registered today. Apparently stocking up with Alcohol & goodies for the Barbecue. Not much of a lockdown, civil disobedience is high.

For balance apparently a lot of Donegal registered cars in Asda Strabane
Didn't Pat mention the cars in The Cope carpark?

No , oddly enough, would say he's too expensive for youse northern cheapskates