Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on September 21, 2019, 01:31:14 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 21, 2019, 05:38:42 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on September 20, 2019, 08:46:39 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 19, 2019, 08:44:50 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 19, 2019, 05:57:57 PM
What do you call normal?
We'll have a biteen of local excitement in Connacht and th'Ulsters will have their annual love in. Only 3 teams won Ulster in this decade?
Munster will see if Kerry reach 100 before Cork reach 50.
Leinster will be about who gets to lose to Dublin in the Final .
The AI (tier 1 if it hapoens) will be about who Dublin with its huge numbers, resources, finances, home venue etc. beat in the Final.
If Tier 2 happens might generate a bit of excitement for the bottom 16 and the Leagues will at least give every County a chance of a more season Cupeen.
Normal would be :
- the Dubs losing a Leinster final
- Someone else winning the all Ireland or maybe 2 different teams winning the next 3 Sams
- Dubs getting no All Stars

as opposed to the current Dub Japanese knotweed model

Your problem is Dublin winning anything it seems or having a dominent period .

Dublin being hated and people wanting them to lose is nothing new to this decade. Its always been the case. I enjoy it and makes victory so much sweater.

I was happy for Dublin in 95 when they got over the line and in 2011 when Cluxton scored the free with the last kick of the ball.
What is happening now is an experiment that has gone out of control.
Gaelic Football does not belong to the Dublin County Board.

IIRC, you didn't seem overly concerned with Dublin when it was Mayo they were beating. It was only after Dublin beat Galway in the championship that you started on with this.

Sure everybody always beats poor old Mayo.  ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

The sad thing is that Mayo team would have won an All Ireland without the financial doping that was going on in BAC.

I wonder how much it would cost to get replica all Ireland medals made for the 2016 team. Beaten by one point in a replay.
It would be a media event .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Seafoid you would think listening to you it was like the Russians or east Germans in the athletics and mayo will get a retrospective medal at a ceremony at some later date lol.

No doubt there is financial injustice going on here but I think some people are getting a bit carried away.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on September 21, 2019, 08:05:57 PM
The sad thing is that Mayo team would have won an All Ireland without the financial doping that was going on in BAC.

I wonder how much it would cost to get replica all Ireland medals made for the 2016 team. Beaten by one point in a replay.
It would be a media event .

::)

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 21, 2019, 08:33:40 PM
Seafoid you would think listening to you it was like the Russians or east Germans in the athletics and mayo will get a retrospective medal at a ceremony at some later date lol.

No doubt there is financial injustice going on here but I think some people are getting a bit carried away.

Wait until it's 8 in a row, Tommy.
The GAA have a Frankenstein situation going.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Kerry have a chance of challenging the dominance. I didn't think that before the final but I do now.

Dublin will also be a lot worse off when Gavin goes.

From the Bunker

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 21, 2019, 09:04:33 PM
Kerry have a chance of challenging the dominance. I didn't think that before the final but I do now.

The Leinster Championship will get a real boost from this! It'd be great to see a county with 37 titles put it up to them.

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 21, 2019, 05:28:06 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on September 21, 2019, 04:34:32 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 21, 2019, 02:48:13 PM
The Dubs playing tiki taka after one of the goals against Mayo in the semi was particularly distasteful and said so much about their humility in a flawed system where mediocrity is the height of achievement for 31 counties.
Kerry tried to play keep ball the 1st day and got caught out. It's just game management. I imagine if it rained in choke park you'd moan and blame the dubs for getting wet. I take it you're not "Buzzin for the half dozen???

What I found distasteful was when Donegal sat back in their own half last year against Dublin for last 15 min happy to only lose by 5/6 rather than push up on Dublin, yet that was somehow dublin's fault.

It was a League game. They were beaten. They were controlling score difference at that stage. That was the NEUTRAL VENUE game! That was the bit I'd not like about that! The GAA decided in their infinite wisdom to give ye even advantages on the playing field as well as off it!
Sorry when you quote GAA you are quoting county board delegates from around the country. How exaclty is that Dublin's fault???

This MB should be linked to the Joe Duffy radio show. Posters bitch, moan and cry about the dubs but will do nothing about the so called advantages they claim Dublin have.

Dublin will do what they do next year and the same cry baby posters  will bitch about Dublin's so called advantages.

Thankfully the real world is not like twitter and the bitter posters here who can appreciate one of the greatest ever teams playing attacking football and achieving historic victories.

Buzzin for the half dozen

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on September 21, 2019, 09:35:27 PM
The Dubs playing tiki taka after one of the goals against Mayo in the semi was particularly distasteful and said so much about their humility in a flawed system where mediocrity is the height of achievement for 31 counties.
Kerry tried to play keep ball the 1st day and got caught out. It's just game management. I imagine if it rained in choke park you'd moan and blame the dubs for getting wet. I take it you're not "Buzzin for the half dozen???

What I found distasteful was when Donegal sat back in their own half last year against Dublin for last 15 min happy to only lose by 5/6 rather than push up on Dublin, yet that was somehow dublin's fault.

It was a League game. They were beaten. They were controlling score difference at that stage. That was the NEUTRAL VENUE game! That was the bit I'd not like about that! The GAA decided in their infinite wisdom to give ye even advantages on the playing field as well as off it!
Sorry when you quote GAA you are quoting county board delegates from around the country. How exaclty is that Dublin's fault???

This MB should be linked to the Joe Duffy radio show. Posters bitch, moan and cry about the dubs but will do nothing about the so called advantages they claim Dublin have.

Dublin will do what they do next year and the same cry baby posters  will bitch about Dublin's so called advantages.

Thankfully the real world is not like twitter and the bitter posters here who can appreciate one of the greatest ever teams playing attacking football and achieving historic victories.

Where in the above did I blame Dublin GAA?

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 21, 2019, 09:55:13 PM

So you hate the dubs but won't call them on it. At least Seafoid is honest and just admits he hates dublin.

You blame GAA but that includes your county and the rest of the country. It must be lovely up on that high horse you sit on where you judge everyone

mayoman dan

Are Kerry really that far ahead of Tyrone Donegal Mayo that they are going to seriously challenge Dublin??? Lets be realistic here if Cooper wasnt red carded in the drawn game Dublin would have won pulling up.While Kerry have some outstanding players the replay showed the gap between dublin and the rest is only getting bigger.Kerry may be the best of the rest but theres a big difference between that and challenging Dublin.

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on September 21, 2019, 10:03:59 PM

So you hate the dubs but won't call them on it. At least Seafoid is honest and just admits he hates dublin.

You blame GAA but that includes your county and the rest of the country. It must be lovely up on that high horse you sit on where you judge everyone

I have never said I hated the Dubs. I was cheering for them in this years final. I dislike the special treatment they and their fans get. This has nothing to do with the Dublin Players and fans.

I am only a passive Inter-county football follower for the past two years. During this period the intercounty game has not seen a cent of my money and the passion in my bones for the game has faded.

I mourn for the loss of interest that will not be passed onto my Children. They like to play the game but they have no interest in watching Mayo.  Something I would not have envisaged a few years ago.

I presume this is what it feels like in counties like Meath, Kildare, Galway, Cork, and beginning to feel like in Tyrone, Donegal, Armagh, Monaghan.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mayoman dan on September 21, 2019, 10:07:07 PM

Are Kerry really that far ahead of Tyrone Donegal Mayo that they are going to seriously challenge Dublin??? Lets be realistic here if Cooper wasnt red carded in the drawn game Dublin would have won pulling up.While Kerry have some outstanding players the replay showed the gap between dublin and the rest is only getting bigger.Kerry may be the best of the rest but theres a big difference between that and challenging Dublin.

Kerry are at the same level as all those you mentioned. The difference is they are young. But being young guarantees nothing in the future.

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 21, 2019, 10:19:52 PM

I have never said I hated the Dubs. I was cheering for them in this years final. I dislike the special treatment they and their fans get. This has nothing to do with the Dublin Players and fans.

I am only a passive Inter-county football follower for the past two years. During this period the intercounty game has not seen a cent of my money and the passion in my bones for the game has faded.

I mourn for the loss of interest that will not be passed onto my Children. They like to play the game but they have no interest in watching Mayo.  Something I would not have envisaged a few years ago.

I presume this is what it feels like in counties like Meath, Kildare, Galway, Cork, and beginning to feel like in Tyrone, Donegal, Armagh, Monaghan.

Cry me a river you arrogant fool.

I'm going to guess you are a man and not a woman. I grew up in dublin with a dublin mother and a wexford father.

I went to so many Wexford games with my dad and they got destroyed by Kilkenny/Offlay so many times but did wexford people complain??  NO, they kept  going year after year and that's what made years like this year more special.

So Mayo arent as good as the dubs now, deal with it.. Imagine how Leitrim, Sligo fel every year.

I actually feel sorry for your kids. You seem to think unless yiu win its not worth going to games. Winning is great, but for kids its as much the day out as anything else. I've great memories as a young lad going to croker even for losing games with wexford/dublin

It's a pity your arrogance is denying your kids similar memories

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on September 21, 2019, 10:46:23 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 21, 2019, 10:19:52 PM

Cry me a river you arrogant fool.

I'm going to guess you are a man and not a woman. I grew up in dublin with a dublin mother and a wexford father.

I went to so many Wexford games with my dad and they got destroyed by Kilkenny/Offlay so many times but did wexford people complain??  NO, they kept  going year after year and that's what made years like this year more special.

So Mayo arent as good as the dubs now, deal with it.. Imagine how Leitrim, Sligo fel every year.

I actually feel sorry for your kids. You seem to think unless yiu win its not worth going to games. Winning is great, but for kids its as much the day out as anything else. I've great memories as a young lad going to croker even for losing games with wexford/dublin

It's a pity your arrogance is denying your kids similar memories

If you want to partake in name calling and insults then go to the School yard! I'm sorry if not hating Dublin football team and their fans does not suit your agenda. From your posts you seen to want Dublin to be hated.

Mayo have never been as good as the Dubs even in the good old days. I have had plenty of bad years following Mayo and that dates back to 1978, but there was always hope. That hope has now gone.