Pubs showing the 3 o clock Premiership kick offs in Belfast

Started by stiffler, October 31, 2009, 10:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Well, does anyone know of any pubs that show these?

preferrably showing the Liverpool Fulham game today?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Archie Mitchell

The Bot show alot of Liverpool games. The Garrick in the City centre show alot of football as well.

Hope your not planning on going on the rip all day today?

stiffler

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 31, 2009, 10:04:33 AM
The Bot show alot of Liverpool games. The Garrick in the City centre show alot of football as well.

Hope your not planning on going on the rip all day today?

Rude not too  ;)

down6061689194

It takes a pub with an Irish sky box to get these games. I don't think many like to shout about it.

stiffler

Quote from: down6061689194 on October 31, 2009, 10:20:34 AM
It takes a pub with an Irish sky box to get these games. I don't think many like to shout about it.

If you know any PM me please, your discretion is assured!

Archie Mitchell

Setanta Ireland aren't the only channel to have 3pm Saturday Premiership games. I'm sure there is legitimate foreign channels out there that can be subscribed to for the games.

The Watcher Pat

What? the Garrick have a sandwich board outside advertising it....Skye also have it painted on to the window of the bar.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on October 31, 2009, 10:46:02 AM
What? the Garrick have a sandwich board outside advertising it....Skye also have it painted on to the window of the bar.

Yeah they're fairly up front about advertising it. I'm sure if anybody had the will to investigate it wouldn't take too long to catch on but there doesn't sem to be the will, happily for us.

Four Winds Bar also has Saturday matches, Hatfield has as well I think, definitely used to.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

down6061689194

It's against The PL's copyright agreement to diplay any PL at 3pm on a saturday.
As it is illegal to display sky television in a bar without the little pint in the corner.  So if your showing a 3pm you've a case to answer.

Doesn't stop a lot of places doing it. But national paper adds saying youve got 3pm games wouldnt be advised as the sky inspector will be on you like a shot.

Sky for pubs aint cheap, so anyone taking the home package to a pub wouldbe frowned upon by sky.

Archie Mitchell

Surely if these pubs are paying for these foreign channels, they can advertise what they are showing. I think Setanta Ireland would be the only issue as you can't get that in the North.

Auntie Annies shows Saturday 3pm games as well.

I'd say most pubs who show football will have the Saturday 3pm games.

down6061689194

It's a case of copyright rather than the channels. PL games arent allowedto be shown at 3pm. Maybe to help grassroots? Don't know. But thats the gripe. Sky & ESPN took the other packages. Sat 3pm went to setanta.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Get out of the city centre and most pubs have polsat and Skyitalia, you can have your choice of EPL and Celtic matches to watch.
Tbc....

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Archie Mitchell