Quote from: T O Hare on December 09, 2008, 01:11:51 AM
Quote from: drici on December 09, 2008, 12:53:00 AM
Saturday 13th December
St Pauls 1-30pm
Ballinderry v Ardboe

Sunday 14th December
St Pauls 1-30pm
Naomh Adhamhnáin v Mayobridge

Why did st pauls change the Bridge game on Sunday??? i was planning to get watching the Ulster final as well  >:( >:( >:(

The Ballinderry Ardboe game was originally for the Sunday but I think a few of the Ballinderry supporters wanted to watch the Ulster Final as well.

orangeman

Quote from: screenexile on December 09, 2008, 11:17:48 AM
Saturday 13th December
St Pauls 1-30pm
Ballinderry v Ardboe

Sunday 14th December
St Pauls 1-30pm

Why did st pauls change the Bridge game on Sunday??? i was planning to get watching the Ulster final as well  >:( >:( >:(

The Ballinderry Ardboe game was originally for the Sunday but I think a few of the Ballinderry supporters wanted to watch the Ulster Final as well.

And Ardboe had arranged for Kyle Coney to rerurn on Saturday for the match on Sunday - now he's going to miss the game.  :( :( >:( >:(

amigo

Quote from: orangeman on December 09, 2008, 11:41:39 AM
Saturday 13th December
St Pauls 1-30pm
Ballinderry v Ardboe

Sunday 14th December
St Pauls 1-30pm

And Ardboe had arranged for Kyle Coney to rerurn on Saturday for the match on Sunday - now he's going to miss the game.  :( :( >:( >:(

I would doubt if he will miss the game. Time will tell i suppose!!

screenexile

Saturday 13th December
St Pauls 1-30pm
Ballinderry v Ardboe

Sunday 14th December
St Pauls 1-30pm

:o :o :o :o :o Well didn't that work out well for the Shamrocks... nothing could be done about it I suppose unless you can get him back sooner. I was thinking of going to that match but if Coney's not playing there's no point the Shamrocks will walk it;

amigo

Quote from: screenexile on December 09, 2008, 12:20:01 PM
Saturday 13th December
St Pauls 1-30pm
Ballinderry v Ardboe

Sunday 14th December
St Pauls 1-30pm

:o :o :o :o :o Well didn't that work out well for the Shamrocks... nothing could be done about it I suppose unless you can get him back sooner. I was thinking of going to that match but if Coney's not playing there's no point the Shamrocks will walk it;

He'll be playing!!

orangeman

Quote from: amigo on December 09, 2008, 12:51:39 PM
Saturday 13th December
St Pauls 1-30pm
Ballinderry v Ardboe

Sunday 14th December
St Pauls 1-30pm

He'll be playing!!

How do you know he will ? When is he home ?

amigo

Quote from: orangeman on December 09, 2008, 01:07:47 PM
Saturday 13th December
St Pauls 1-30pm
Ballinderry v Ardboe

Sunday 14th December
St Pauls 1-30pm

He'll be playing!!

The Irish Star say's he is home in Dublin Saturday Morning at 1am i think. That gives him 11 hrs or so to get to Belfast!! He should make it !!

orangeman

Quote from: amigo on December 09, 2008, 02:31:14 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 09, 2008, 01:07:47 PM
Saturday 13th December
St Pauls 1-30pm
Ballinderry v Ardboe

Sunday 14th December
St Pauls 1-30pm

He'll be playing!!

The Irish Star say's he is home in Dublin Saturday Morning at 1am i think. That gives him 11 hrs or so to get to Belfast!! He should make it !!

I hope the Irish Star is 100% right !  ;) :D I must check out to see when he is home. But he won't be in great shape for playing football even if he does make it.

T O Hare

Saturday 13th December
St Pauls 1-30pm
Ballinderry v Ardboe

Sunday 14th December
St Pauls 1-30pm

But they just should have left the bridge game at 12 o clock!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

orangeman

Word is coming through that Cavan Gaels have launched an appeal into their game last weekend with Ballinderry - Cavan Gaels allege that Ballinderry played a lad who was under 14. 

Technically Cavan Gaels are right  - the lad Bell ( who is a monster for 14 ) is under 14 and under the new rules shouldn't be playing -

But surely Cavan Gaels should have taken their beating and forgot about a protest ?

It's not as if he was overage ?? He's an under 14 who happens to be a huge lad for his age.

SidelineKick

As stated in the Ulster Club thread teams do anything to win (Darren Conway) so I suppose Cavan Gaels are entitled to do the same.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Doire abú

Under 14 season is long over. Cavan Gaels should learn to take their beating.

orangeman

Quote from: SidelineKick on December 10, 2008, 09:53:41 AM
As stated in the Ulster Club thread teams do anything to win (Darren Conway) so I suppose Cavan Gaels are entitled to do the same.

Granted but surely Cavan Gaels should have walked away and left it alone ???

I know what you're saying and teams have done worse than this.

Did you read the Down report from the former referee ( now administrator ) in yesterday's Irish News where he alleged that clubs were ringing up referees making veiled threats of child abuse in order to get them to let a plapyer off who had been sent off ??.

This is getting out of hand.

SidelineKick

Don't get me wrong personally I think it comes across as sour grapes, but this is where some sort of line needs to be drawn!  You can't tell one person to do one thing and another to do another.

However, on this ocassion I feel it is bad form to make an appeal due to a player being UNDER age.

It really is getting out of hand.  There is "doing what it takes to win" but this can also fall within the sportsmanship bracket.

They should forget about it, will they though?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

orangeman

This is taking things to a new level -

I've often heard of people being accused of playing somebody over age but never underage.

Apparently the game fixed for the weekend is now off until the appeal is heard.

Poor form on the part of the Gaels.

It's not as if the Gaels see this as a once in a lifetime opportunity. They win county championships on a regular basis.

I konw they thought they had a big chance of winning the whole thing.

Talking to some of the Cavan Gaels lads, last weekend, they had two of their best players sidelined on Sunday due to illness and they must see this as a way of progressing.

If they do progress, it will be tainted.