Tír Eoghain vs Doire NFL 2009

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 22, 2009, 10:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Onwards on upwards  ;)

Can Tyrone win their first League game in Healy Park of '09 on the evening of Saturday 28th March? On current form the answer would have to be an emphatic 'No', but then again this is against Derry, and that has its own dynamic - a repeat of last night's fare is not an option.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tyrone Dreamer

Will Paddy Bradley get a chance to tease the Tyrone players like last year? Based on recent performances he could well do. Hopefully Harte will be in a position to name a strong side for this one as it would be nice to get a couple of decent performances in before the championship. Its never nice to get beat to Derry and hopefully the players will respond. Does anyone know what the Stevie O'Neill situation is? Is the injury bad or is he being held back as a precaution? Any chance of a run out for him in this one?

ONeill

Surely Mickey and his troops will be up for this one. Batin the in-breds is like Christmas.

You get the feeling that many of the old hands need a challenge to 'get up' for games at this time of the year (Dublin in Croke and being humiliated by Kerry).
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Mickey raised them to put manners on the Dubs. He can do the same for inbreds too.
Testing Accessibility

whiskeysteve

we are not inbred.

you are all inbred.

Your sisters are your mothers.

and your young folk have turned the Holylands into a warzone

The Hills Have Eyes was a documentary about Tyrone.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

AFS

Quote from: ziggysego on March 22, 2009, 10:24:12 PM
Mickey raised them to put manners on the Dubs. He can do the same for inbreds too.

Aye but Dublin are shite, and could very well get relegated. Derry have been better, and could well win the league.

SidelineKick

Ziggy, Greencastle? Seriously?

Should be a decent game but we won't worry too much about it.  Safe now and Cassidy is continuing to experiment with the side.  He's doing a decent job of following Mickey Harte in having cover for all positions.  Too many times in recent years we have had too many positions cemented down from early in the year.  There is absolutely no one on the Derry panel that can be a guaranteed starter.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

orangeman

Quote from: SidelineKick on March 23, 2009, 08:32:03 AM

Ziggy, Greencastle? Seriously?

Should be a decent game but we won't worry too much about it.  Safe now and Cassidy is continuing to experiment with the side.  He's doing a decent job of following Mickey Harte in having cover for all positions.  Too many times in recent years we have had too many positions cemented down from early in the year.  There is absolutely no one on the Derry panel that can be a guaranteed starter.
[/b]

Serious ???

Not even Enda, the Bradleys, Kevin Mc Guckin, Doc ????

SidelineKick

I'm completely serious.  For the first time in years I don't think anyone could predict a team for the championship.

Yesterday proved that Doc can be done without, the midfield coped very well.  I'm not saying he won't be on because I would like to think he will, I just think Cass is making it clear that every position has cover and everyone is capable of playing that position in the championship.. The minute any of them start to be complacent is the minute they will be put on the bench.

I would be confident that all of the players you mentioned will start but that is by no means a guarantee.

Reported.

KingLarsson

orangeman

Quote from: SidelineKick on March 23, 2009, 09:30:19 AM
I'm completely serious.  For the first time in years I don't think anyone could predict a team for the championship.

Yesterday proved that Doc can be done without, the midfield coped very well.  I'm not saying he won't be on because I would like to think he will, I just think Cass is making it clear that every position has cover and everyone is capable of playing that position in the championship.. The minute any of them start to be complacent is the minute they will be put on the bench.

I would be confident that all of the players you mentioned will start but that is by no means a guarantee.

That's good news for Derry  - not such good news for the rest of the country !

SidelineKick

Quote from: KingLarsson on March 23, 2009, 10:39:40 AM
Wer gunna do youns tyrone wans!!!

Just what I was going to say. Great minds eh?  ::)

Reported.

SidelineKick

Quote from: orangeman on March 23, 2009, 10:42:51 AM
Quote from: SidelineKick on March 23, 2009, 09:30:19 AM

That's good news for Derry  - not such good news for the rest of the country !

Less of that you.  No talking Derry up allowed.  It's encouraging alright but we'll not get carried away.

Reported.

wherefromreferee?

In your Endo!

uselessfootballer

I would be more than a wee bit worried about  this Saturday's game.
Derry took the piss a bit last year and they are undoubtably a better side at the same stage this year. I also think that Tyone are a bit behind where they were at this stage last year, so those 2 factors together could lead to an embarassing night.
Hopefully through fear of being completely embarassed by Derry can lead to the senior guys lifting the performance a bit, but the intensity and workrate from the half back and half forward lines is missing and probably will be until the middle of the championship. Also in the middle of the field McGinley or Cavanagh (Sean) need to start, to workhorse players such as Holmes and Hughes don't work together.
Here's hoping but probably a night when Red Hand children should be kept at home and away from the TV