Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

£100 grand a year would just about set me up for life if i stopped working, as i'd stil have my bills holidays puting kids through school and arranging trust funds for my kids. my needs are modest  :P

..$1.5 million purse for for the fights with Cruz, equates to a million sterling possibly... now out of that million he's to pay the McGuigans, all of the McGuigans.. the mum daughter and 2 sons all had an intrest in the Cyclone promotions... percentages as trainers, PR, management, accommadation, flights, gym fees, food

Those costs add up and don't exactly leave you with much to yourself.. getting established takes time and that window of making big money is a small one
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

I don't think he has as much in the bank as people would think. He has been getting cleaned for years. Boxers in general don't get paid that much apart for the top 10 or so fellas. If he got the Selby and Santa Cruz fights then he will probably be happy enough. Nice wee gig working at Sky Sports or something like that and that'll keep him ticking over.  As much as McGregor is a dickhead you have to give it to him - he's fooled so many people into getting him over 100m for a single fight. Amazing.

nrico2006

Generally not the big money at lighter weights. Expenses is some chunk out of their purse.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

Being hung up on fighting at home surely has had a negative impact on his career.  He had his foot in the door in America and already headlined in Vegas.  Fighters from here or even in Britain rarely get a chance to do that.  If it wasn't for wanting the 3rd Santa Cruz fight to be in Belfast then it would already have happened.

JimStynes

I agree! Fight in Vegas or fight in Windsor? Ffs.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on January 17, 2018, 09:40:10 AM
Being hung up on fighting at home surely has had a negative impact on his career.  He had his foot in the door in America and already headlined in Vegas.  Fighters from here or even in Britain rarely get a chance to do that.  If it wasn't for wanting the 3rd Santa Cruz fight to be in Belfast then it would already have happened.

He has fought him twice in the states, he's had 3 fights over there and won twice lost one, Cruz wont come back to Belfast, his father wont let that happen, and why should he!

Windsor park fight would generate a lot of money for all involved those are the pay days he needs to retire comfortably enough, he needs Selby fight or another big hitter to generate enough interest to fill the likes of Windsor and get a big TV company to show it, where there will be more money...

So much on at stake with this fight, a good peformance needed, he hasnt picked a muppet either so regardless of the bookies thoughts he'll have to come through it with the chance of getting an eliminator as the other lads wont be too fussed to fight Carl unless they have to
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Watched the press conference there for the Frampton fight, really looking forward to this fight! But he has to win I feel or it will be up in the air!

Medic

Great interview with the great Tyson Fury lol.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGjSIdahmJY
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2018, 08:20:32 PM
Watched the press conference there for the Frampton fight, really looking forward to this fight! But he has to win I feel or it will be up in the air!

Pretty much, must win for Frampton I'm afraid in respect of World Titles etc. Nobody will want to face though even after a loss, he would still be too dangerous and in a quagmire of being not good enough but too good for most.

square_ball

Michael Conlan teaming up with Adam Booth. Good move from Conlan in my opinion I think Booth is the top trainer in the UK. I like what he's doing with Burnett and Kelly looks top drawer too. Good stable of fighters boxing out of that gym now.

nrico2006

That's him and Quigley both jumping ship from the US now.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Mikhail Prokhorov

disappointing to see conlan move back, was he homesick or what, the states is def the place to be imo re the fight game

Gabriel_Hurl

Canelo/GGG 2 happening on May 5th

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 29, 2018, 10:30:41 PM
Canelo/GGG 2 happening on May 5th

GGG to finish him off this time surely.

omaghjoe

Wouldn't be surprised if that happened, but wouldn't discount Canelo either he is very good and Golovkin never looked like he had him in a lot of bother.
Think it will be good regardless