Today FM Sports

Started by Loughers, August 29, 2007, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loughers

I'm not sure if Paul Collins is the sports editor, but on the morning after Limerick announce their team for the AI, this great GAA man's headline was a story about Sunderland.  Nice of him to put the Limerick story next before more soccer pieces about Liverpool then Rangers.  >:(

turk

agreed.

he's happy to trade on the yup ya boy ya yahooisms but it's shameful

Long time dead

Since Sunderland's promotion to the premiership I am totally sick to death of hearing about them - every match is headlines - what because of Keane, who gives a flying one!

Deal_Me_In

Today FM have the livve premiership matches live on a saturday so the premiership is always one of the main headlines to promote this.

Loughers

It wasn't a Premiership Game.  It was a Carling Cup 2nd Round loss to Luton.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Loughers on August 29, 2007, 10:38:01 AM
I'm not sure if Paul Collins is the sports editor, but on the morning after Limerick announce their team for the AI, this great GAA man's headline was a story about Sunderland.  Nice of him to put the Limerick story next before more soccer pieces about Liverpool then Rangers.  >:(

If tipp were in the final he would be talking about them morning noon and night
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

mackers

At least Collins mentions GAA, that asshole Michael McMullan does my head in. You're lucky if he mentions GAA at all in his sports round ups. He's not just anti-GAA, no other sport than soccer gets a mention. I've nearly crashed the car on several occasions in fits of rage at him!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Loughers

What about Michael Corcoran on RTE.  His bias towards rugby is unreal.  He was tut tutting about O'Leary being allowed to play in the AI but not a word about the Italian player nearly decapitating Stringer or the row that followed.  Then you have Des Cahill's obsession with pay for play.

turk

There is no criticism of rugby in general in the irish mainstream media!!

Ireland under o'sullivan have failed to win the six nations for 5 years now but he gets a remarkably soft time. I can't understand it. Michael corcoran is one of the leading cheerleaders!

Onlooker

Is it only in Ireland that Radio and TV talk about a team called Roykeanessunderland.

Billys Boots

QuoteIreland under o'sullivan have failed to win the six nations for 5 years now but he gets a remarkably soft time.

Can you imagine how Brian Kerr feels reading about this?

Though I have to say I have a certain hankering for sports management people to be left to do their job in peace and be judged on their use of resources available.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

magickingdom

Quote from: mackers on August 29, 2007, 11:22:34 AM
At least Collins mentions GAA, that asshole Michael McMullan does my head in. You're lucky if he mentions GAA at all in his sports round ups. He's not just anti-GAA, no other sport than soccer gets a mention. I've nearly crashed the car on several occasions in fits of rage at him!!

he drives me fockin nuts. last monday kerry/dublin got 10 seconds then he starts into soccer with commentary from one of the games.. its non stop soccer with him...