Long Haul Flight Advise (Books, etc)

Started by AbbeySider, August 27, 2007, 10:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Quote from: The Blegard on August 27, 2007, 06:43:52 PM
Abbeysider
Dont take sleeping tablets. I fly a lot with work often long haul and my colleague took a horse tranquiliser when he got on the plane. Taxied out no problem then came straight back due to a techinical problem. I had to carry the bastard off the plane and back on again 2 hours later with a lot of explaining to do.

You will love vancouver. one of the nicest places Ive been. Whistler is only 1.5 hrs away

good job it wasnt the other way around blegard!!!
where in the world are you this week

The Blegard

Back in lovely Dubai for a few weeks. Then off to not so lovely Jeddah for a few days.then brisbane then who knows. More importantly will be back in Mayo for 3 weeks at Christmas. first Xmas (day at least) at home for 11 years
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

we are blue... etc

For long haul the best thing to do is have a variety of activities. I keep myself busy with a mix of all of the below:
* 2-3 books to dip in and out of
* Crosswords
* Newspaper/Magazines
* Games on the mobile phone (DS is a good idea)
* In-flight TV/movies
* In-flight meals
* Walking around

I can never sleep for whatever reason.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 08:06:16 PM
Get a  lend or buy a DS they are only about 130 and are great value .

Totally agree, got one for my birthday, highly addictive - get the brain training game.
Tbc....

AbbeySider

Quote from: The Blegard on August 27, 2007, 06:43:52 PM
Abbeysider
Dont take sleeping tablets. I fly a lot with work often long haul and my colleague took a horse tranquiliser when he got on the plane. Taxied out no problem then came straight back due to a techinical problem. I had to carry the bastard off the plane and back on again 2 hours later with a lot of explaining to do.

You will love vancouver. one of the nicest places Ive been. Whistler is only 1.5 hrs away

LMAO

AbbeySider

Quote from: J70 on August 27, 2007, 10:09:40 PM
Who are you flying with? Depending on the airline (and the plane in some cases!), you may get a seat with your own tv and a good choice of viewing. I can't read very much personally when travelling, so its either that or the laptop. Get a window seat though - if you're flying to Vancouver, you'll get some great views of the Rockies!

Im flying with Air Canada, havnt a clue what they are like. Leaving Saturday morning.
Il try and get the brothers Nintendo DS and will look out for those recommended books!
Cheers guys!