Ireland v Italy Rugby

Started by Over the Bar, August 24, 2007, 12:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyG

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 26, 2007, 03:13:34 PM
This was definately an NI flag - had the NI crests and that on it from what I seen.

It was probably one of the NI Supporters Club flags, you get the odd home made one but the NISC ones are a bit better quality and get the message across.

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 26, 2007, 03:13:34 PM
I know the rugby lads aren't too fussed on the idea but are they not staying in Ravenhill anyway and only moving to the new stadium for the odd big Henineken Cup Game when Ravenhill's attendance isn't enough? In that instance I wouldn't have thought it affects them too badly
Correct on all points but there are also a sizeable number who oppose the Maze on principle as it's a waste of taxpayers (ie their) money and/or they'd rather have the money to do up Ravenhill.

Teeling Gael

Positives are that we upped the ante when we had to -- after the fight and after the Italian try. Secondly, EOS is, in this rugby world of video analysts, keeping his powder dry regarding set piece moves.

The negatives are, we have very poor international class scrumaging props and we have a very negative backrow whereby Easterby , Best , Leamy , Quinlan and Ferris are much better without the ball than with it. How EOS doesn't rate Heaslip is beyond me. We also have a distinctly average back 3 at the highest level particuliarily without Horgan. There is no one in New Zealand , France , Australia or South Africa lying awake at night worrying about Dempsey , Murphy or Hickie.

mackers

Opened this thread up to read 5 pages of analysis of Ireland's team and performances and instead find 4 pages of political CRAP! Lads would ye ever feck off with this!! It's the same crap ruining thread after thread.
As dinny states, back to the rugby, I think EOS's decision to leave Gleeson at home could be our undoing, he knew that Wallace is carrying an injury and how he expects to win any ball on the ground without an openside flanker (if wallace gets hurt) is questionable. Friday night also proves that we can't do without BOD (with him and D'arcy acting as openside flankers along with all his other skills).
I do think that Paul O'Connell and a number of other players will up the ante considerably for the Argentina and France games.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

screenexile

Quote from: Teeling Gael on August 27, 2007, 10:55:05 AM
Positives are that we upped the ante when we had to -- after the fight and after the Italian try. Secondly, EOS is, in this rugby world of video analysts, keeping his powder dry regarding set piece moves.

That's the thing I like about O'Sullivan... he's a cute hoor. He'll have a load of things up his sleeve that other teams will not be able to spot and you'll be sure to see them come the Argentina France games. That for me is the thing with EOS, there's always an air about him that he knows something that we don't about his team. For me it's a sign of a great manager a lá Mickey Harte or Alex Ferguson... The excitement's starting to build and I'm really looking forward to this championship and I'm quietly confident that we will do well.