Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Shocking news. Apparently dropped dead in the middle of playing golf.
Testing Accessibility

Agent Orange

dillinger

Shocked at this news of my old friend Alan. Good memories of growing up near him, knew him and his family well at one time. Still had chat with him any time i seen him in Bangor. Down to earth guy who always had time to talk to you.

rrhf

One of my earliest sporting heroes, his performance v England at wembley in 85 was incredible and up with anything Paul mc grath and other tough irish defensive legends ever produced. Very sad to hear this. Rip

michaelg

Quote from: Agent Orange on June 23, 2012, 03:09:54 PM
Was he below par?
Show a bit of respect you p***k

bigtogs

Sat beside him on a easyjet flight to london a few years i was reading the irish news gaa section he said to me "do you follow that?" i said yes do you he replied no he smiled and that was conversation over for the whole flight!!!!!!!!!!!

orangeman

Incredible - 48 only - scary stuff.

Minder

He didn't look after himself too well, allegedly.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Plenty who do die young and plenty who don't live for yonks
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Lecale2

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Minder on June 23, 2012, 11:15:57 PM
He didn't look after himself too well, allegedly.

In what context? Was he a big drinker?
Careful now

AZOffaly

Former Liverpool Reserve Miki Roque, at 23, from Cancer. RIP.

Miki Roque: Former Liverpool defender dies of cancer

Former Liverpool defender Miki Roque has died in Barcelona at the age of 23 following a battle against cancer.

Real Betis defender Roque was at Liverpool from 2005 to 2009, winning the FA Youth Cup in 2006, before joining the Spanish club.

He played once for the first team - against Galatasaray in the Champions League in December 2006.

A Liverpool statement read: "Everyone would like to send their thoughts to Miki's family at this sad time."

Roque underwent surgery to remove a tumour in his pelvis last year.

While at Liverpool, Roque had a loan spell with Oldham at the end of 2006-07. He also made temporary moves to Spanish sides Xerez and Cartagena before switching permanently to Betis.

Harold Disgracey

Lonesome George

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-18574279

Staff at the Galapagos National Park in Ecuador say Lonesome George, a giant tortoise believed to be the last of its subspecies, has died.

Scientists estimate he was about 100 years old.

Park officials said they would carry out a post-mortem to determine the cause of his death.

With no offspring and no known individuals from his subspecies left, Lonesome George became known as the rarest creature in the world.

For decades, environmentalists unsuccessfully tried to get the Pinta Island tortoise to reproduce with females from a similar subspecies on the Galapagos Islands.

Park officials said the tortoise was found dead in his corral by his keeper of 40 years, Fausto Llerena.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Cheltenham Festival winning-jockey Campbell Gillies has died following an accident on holiday in Corfu.

The young rider enjoyed arguably his finest moment in the saddle when partnering Brindisi Breeze to victory in the Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle at the Festival last March.

Gillies, who was also associated with the Willie Amos-trained Lie Forrit, primarily rode for Perth handler Lucinda Russell after joining her team in 2007.

Campbell's brother Finlay plays for rugby side Glasgow Warriors.