Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

I was more concerned about the Spring Classics. The TDF has been shit for a few years now, least entertaining of the 3 Grand Tours imo.

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on January 31, 2017, 09:59:22 PM
I was more concerned about the Spring Classics. The TDF has been shit for a few years now, least entertaining of the 3 Grand Tours imo.

I am off all day to watch the tour in July though! 

gerry

thankfully it sorted, the eurosport app is great but you cant record on it
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

bennydorano

Some win for Sam Bennett at Paris Nice today, beat all the big dogs (bar Cavendish).

Clov

Quote from: bennydorano on March 07, 2017, 07:43:37 PM
Some win for Sam Bennett at Paris Nice today, beat all the big dogs (bar Cavendish).

Delighted for him, great win. A pure sprint too and won it by a fair distance.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on March 07, 2017, 07:43:37 PM

Some going! Seems like a nice fella too. Great result.

bennydorano

Favourite race of the year on today, Tour of Flanders / Ronde Van Vlaanderen. Unsurprisingly the bookies think it's a shootout between Sagan 15/8 & Van Avermart 11/4, if Sagan gets a clear run it's hard to look past him even at that price, but he does an awful pile of work by himself whereas Van Avermart can depend on his team. Backing Niki Terpstra ew at 20/1.

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on April 02, 2017, 08:37:51 AM
Favourite race of the year on today, Tour of Flanders / Ronde Van Vlaanderen. Unsurprisingly the bookies think it's a shootout between Sagan 15/8 & Van Avermart 11/4, if Sagan gets a clear run it's hard to look past him even at that price, but he does an awful pile of work by himself whereas Van Avermart can depend on his team. Backing Niki Terpstra ew at 20/1.

Gilbert seems to be back on song this last week or two. I expect him to be up there. It might depend on the marking between Sagan and van avermart but a lot can happen in this race. Coverage starts 09.30.

bennydorano

Watched the last 60k on Sky+ after the Armagh match (c***ts). Savage ride by Gilbert in an event filled edition (as usual), not sure he would've held on if Sagan hadn't have hit the deck with GVA with 20 odd to go. Some race!

1.Gilbert
2.GVA
3.Terpstra

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on April 02, 2017, 05:39:17 PM
Watched the last 60k on Sky+ after the Armagh match (c***ts). Savage ride by Gilbert in an event filled edition (as usual), not sure he would've held on if Sagan hadn't have hit the deck with GVA with 20 odd to go. Some race!

1.Gilbert
2.GVA
3.Terpstra

Think he would have held on. Terpstra disrupting and the other 2 would have started looking at each other with about 5k to go. Epic win by Gilbert. 8/1

JimStynes

Some going alright! Those boys are complete machines! Not long until the Giro.

maddog

Paris Roubaix this weekend. Weather would suggest we wont see scenes like this

Looking over the last few years many of the same names appear as winners or in the top 6

Sep Vanmarke
Styber
Terpstra
Degenkold
Van Avermaart

Sagan will be hotly fancied as usual but as it's like the grand national of bike racing you need a lot of luck. Gilbert not riding it.

Prices on the above range from about 5/1 to 25/1.

Live on Eurosport all day Sunday. That's me sorted.

maddog

Van avermaart 1st stybar 2nd. 10/1 and 33/1 ;D

bennydorano

Van Avermaart is some pup, think that he gets lost a bit in Sagan's shadow (& marketing).

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on April 09, 2017, 04:12:29 PM
Van Avermaart is some pup, think that he gets lost a bit in Sagan's shadow (& marketing).

Definitely. Sagan wasn't up to it today at all. Kelly reckons he has his legs under the dinner table too much.