Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Despite what they say SF would have no issue with the Conservatives getting back in, they will be able to blame every step of austerity they have to implement on the bogeyman Tories.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ojonathanrossa

SF will take their seats... eventually.  Not this election but very possibly the one after this one.  They are already throwing out the signs.

There is no way that the Labour party would ever accept SF's support though. It would be political suicide.

Applesisapples

Quote from: ojonathanrossa on April 16, 2015, 11:51:06 PM
Wrongo. Traditionally is something that happened in the past due to tradition.  My father when he was alive voted SF as did I when I was younger until two elections ago.

There you go, you learn something new every day, Francie Pat.

Another attempt at playing the man and not the ball.
To be fair you set yourself up to be played.

Applesisapples

It is time all political parties in the North grew up. Hard decisions need to be taken, even labour are saying they will not reverse austerity, just t**ker around the edges a bit. It was always going to happen at some stage the English electorate and Parliament were going to call time on the NI gravy train once peace of a kind was achieved. This idea of blaming the Brits has to end the era of handouts is over and cuts will only get worse. If Scotland goes its own way watch out.

Minder

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 17, 2015, 02:55:08 PM
It is time all political parties in the North grew up. Hard decisions need to be taken, even labour are saying they will not reverse austerity, just t**ker around the edges a bit. It was always going to happen at some stage the English electorate and Parliament were going to call time on the NI gravy train once peace of a kind was achieved. This idea of blaming the Brits has to end the era of handouts is over and cuts will only get worse. If Scotland goes its own way watch out.

"Austerity" has been a lot milder here than in the rest of the UK up to now, Government departments in Whitehall suffered far deeper cuts than we have here so I don't think it's anything to do with the English "calling time" on here, we are just being pulled into line with every other region of the UK.

So the argument you hear from time to time that an English government will pull the pin here doesent stack up & there is no evidence of it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Pub Bore

Did anyone hear Chris Hazzard (SF) on the Nolan Show this morning??  I think even hardline DUPs would have some sympathy for him.  Car crash would not do it justice.  It made Natalie Bennett's "brain fade" moment look like a master class in communication technique.  I believe Chris is studying for a PhD.  Clearly not in economics...

Kidder81

Quote from: Pub Bore on April 29, 2015, 11:22:28 AM
Did anyone hear Chris Hazzard (SF) on the Nolan Show this morning??  I think even hardline DUPs would have some sympathy for him.  Car crash would not do it justice.  It made Natalie Bennett's "brain fade" moment look like a master class in communication technique.  I believe Chris is studying for a PhD.  Clearly not in economics...

Why what did he say ?

muppet

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 29, 2015, 12:45:49 PM

https://audioboom.com/boos/3131587-bbcnolan-general-election-interviews-sinn-fein-s-chris-hazzard-ge2015

Listened to about 14 minutes. Didn't think he was that bad (the car crash might have come later). Nolan was like Prince Naseem darting around Tyson, being very annoying and condescending with constant interruptions anytime there was an answer coming and then tons of questions when he thought he had Hazard trapped.

I was hoping Tyson would nail Naseem with a big one.
MWWSI 2017

give her dixie

He was very poor all right. If he was going to go on air championing the living wage, the very least
he could have done was to know exactly how much it was.

But not to worry, if elected, they will help people write off their credit card bills
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

DuffleKing

Quote from: muppet on April 29, 2015, 01:05:32 PM

https://audioboom.com/boos/3131587-bbcnolan-general-election-interviews-sinn-fein-s-chris-hazzard-ge2015

Listened to about 14 minutes. Didn't think he was that bad (the car crash might have come later). Nolan was like Prince Naseem darting around Tyson, being very annoying and condescending with constant interruptions anytime there was an answer coming and then tons of questions when he thought he had Hazard trapped.

I was hoping Tyson would nail Naseem with a big one.

Last 5 minutes...

:-[

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Kidder81 on April 29, 2015, 12:10:27 PM
Quote from: Pub Bore on April 29, 2015, 11:22:28 AM

Why what did he say ?

Lots of words but told us nothing!
Typical exchange:
NOLAN: How do you know?
HAZZARD: Because we know.
Really the only specific he was able to give about his party's position on the economy was that those earning over £150k would pay 50% tax! I really enjoyed the interview and, like him or not, Nolan was good.
The rest of the programme was hilarious; some woman complaining because some lad on a building site she was walking past wolf whistled at her and then another Shinner complaining about a 20 sec prayer being said at the beginning of a council meeting.
The country's cowped!!
"Stercus accidit"

Pub Bore

To be fair to Hazzard he was only slightly worse than Mike Nesbitt yesterday.

topcuppla

Quote from: naka on April 16, 2015, 08:57:14 PM
Chatting to a few shinners in newry
They are somewhat surprised at the positive response that Justin mc nutty has been getting
They can't see him winning but they feel that it's the first time in a while that the public have started asking real questions.
Tbf it can only be a good thing for all concerned.

I am not - least the man will take his seat!

Maguire01

That was bad alright. Doesn't sound like any of those policies are costed, just random ideas, none of which will be delivered.

As for the one about writing off credit card debt...  :o

Heard Nolan destroy the Green party in a similar interview before a previous election. If you're bluffing you'll be destroyed.