Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I hear Gerry Adams will act as a conduit for anyone who wants to give info on the Adrian Donohue murder.
Hmmmmm....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Owenmoresider

Quote from: orangeman on January 26, 2015, 10:28:51 AM
Great news - we're almost there. All you have to do is vote. Simple.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/martin-mcguinness-united-ireland-is-within-our-grasp-1.2079149
McGuinness telling the true believers what they want to hear, hardly newsworthy stuff.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on January 26, 2015, 10:32:08 AM
I hear Gerry Adams will act as a conduit for anyone who wants to give info on the Adrian Donohue murder.
Hmmmmm....

A veritable tube of information.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lawnseed

I didnt see claire byrnes rte show with ger and joan burton but from what ive read gerry wiped the floor with her and the presenter.. Id be one of the people who,d prefer to see gerry step aside but at this stage its too late.. As long as he doesnt try to do too much its in the bag
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Orior

Another bitter article by Ruth Dudley Edwards in the Belfast Telegraph yesterday. This time it was venting her anger at ex Noraid leader Martin Galvin.

Does RDE live in Dublin or just write for the Irish Times? She seems to hate anything Irish.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

theticklemister

Cameron has come to the Shinner's aid.............

David Cameron says he could agree to the planned TV debates if Northern Ireland's parties are included.

Asked if a deal could be reached if Northern Ireland were part of it, Mr Cameron told the BBC: "Yes. I think a deal could be done."

He said: "You can't have one part of the UK - Scotland or Wales - without having another part - Northern Ireland."

Labour leader Ed Miliband said he would take part with or without Mr Cameron.

Speaking on BBC Breakfast, the prime minister said: "I do want to say yes, and the point I made was that you couldn't have one minor party, UKIP without having another minor party, the Greens."

He added: "It was the broadcasters that decided not only to include the Greens but they also then decided to include Plaid Cymru from Wales and the Scottish National Party from Scotland.

"I think the Labour Party and myself both made the point you can't have one part of the United Kingdom - Scotland or Wales - without having another part - Northern Ireland."

'Empty chair'

Labour leader Ed Miliband commented: "I want the debates to happen. David Cameron is wriggling and wriggling on this."

He pledged: "I am going to be at those debates, whether it's an empty chair or David Cameron."

The prime minister was previously criticised for saying he would not participate if the Green Party's leader, Natalie Bennett, was not featured.

Broadcasters subsequently proposed a revised format, under which two debates hosted by BBC and ITV would feature the leaders of the Conservatives, Labour, the Liberal Democrats, UKIP, the Greens, the SNP and Plaid Cymru.

A third on Channel 4 and Sky would pit Mr Cameron against Ed Miliband in a one-on-one debate.

Peter Robinson, leader of the DUP - which has eight MPs at Westminster - said last week he would write to the BBC and ITV to ask why his party has not been included.

Sinn Féin, the SDLP and Alliance have all said they should be involved

armaghniac

Quote from: theticklemister on January 27, 2015, 10:01:45 AM

David Cameron says he could agree to the planned TV debates if Northern Ireland's parties are included.

Translation: I will take part if there are also a load of loolahs that I am not running against, so that nobody has any time to speak.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

theticklemister

Quote from: armaghniac on January 27, 2015, 10:05:18 AM
Quote from: theticklemister on January 27, 2015, 10:01:45 AM

Translation: I will take part if there are also a load of loolahs that I am not running against, so that nobody has any time to speak.

Yeah Cameron is really shitting himself for the potential of these debates. Plainly obvious

stibhan

Deciding the actual format of these debates is more important than the debates themselves usually. If Cameron gets his way he'll have scored a political victory already. I wouldn't read anything into him 'shitting himself' about it, neither Clegg nor Milliband are serious public speakers.

johnneycool

Quote from: stibhan on January 27, 2015, 10:36:05 AM
Deciding the actual format of these debates is more important than the debates themselves usually. If Cameron gets his way he'll have scored a political victory already. I wouldn't read anything into him 'shitting himself' about it, neither Clegg nor Milliband are serious public speakers.

Hard to know what Cameron is at, although he is right to say that if Farage is allowed on the stage as the TV companies want, then so must the greens, SNP and so on.
Not sure what the Shinners or DUP, the Welsh crowd hope to gain out of it unless they feel left out.

SNP will be the king makers in all of this.

Rossfan

Big silence on this thread about the O'Connor inquest and Gerry Kelly.
I wonder why ::) :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lawnseed

Quote from: Rossfan on January 27, 2015, 11:23:03 AM
Big silence on this thread about the O'Connor inquest and Gerry Kelly.
I wonder why ::) :D
Because theres nothing to say. The suspects details were forwarded to the psni by gerry kelly to see if he/she was wanted in relation to any investigation. The police said no. Now that persons name has been mentioned in connection with o connor. No one knows if hes connected or not.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

lynchbhoy

Quote from: trileacman on January 24, 2015, 01:44:10 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 24, 2015, 12:44:29 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on January 23, 2015, 09:36:42 PM
Sinn Fein have long ago realised that it doesn't matter what U turns they do, or no matter how much money they steal from us taxpayers, the sheep will follow them blindly to the election booths and keep them in power. Nothing they do surprises me and many others anymore. Sadly too many others havn't copped onto them yet.
So what's the alternative?
Looks like there is even less choice in the six counties than there is down here!

IMO if sf are to counter the dup then sf will have to take their seats in Westminster - or at least say they will and go in for the big ticket votes.

Otherwise it will be back to the 80's and the unionist/ loyalist mp's will earn indulgences from the grateful Brit gov for propping up their vote.

I'd have been sickened at the thoughts of that before, but the name of the game now is to thwart the unionist/loyalist crew from clawing back power- and will be for next number of years, while treading water until the voting majority swings AND the Irish gov makes it attractive for voters north and south to vote in the reunification

Sorry but where does fleecing the general public come into all of that?

I mean will we all be sitting around enjoying re-unification and reminiscing about the time Caral Ni Chuilin gave 11 grand to her brother in law for f**k all, whilst the executive passed one of the most cutting budgets in 20 years.
if they do or even is some of them do - then they are the same as all the other politicians and as per my opening lines- there is even less choice in the six counties than there is down here!

deiseach

Quote from: johnneycool on January 27, 2015, 11:10:01 AM
Quote from: stibhan on January 27, 2015, 10:36:05 AM

Hard to know what Cameron is at, although he is right to say that if Farage is allowed on the stage as the TV companies want, then so must the greens, SNP and so on.
Not sure what the Shinners or DUP, the Welsh crowd hope to gain out of it unless they feel left out.

SNP will be the king makers in all of this.

Cameron wants the whole thing to be a circus, or at least a bigger circus than usual. It reduces the opportunity for Miliband to be able to land a blow. I read someone during the week saying that Miliband's leadership stock is so low that getting up on stage and not soiling himself would be seen as a triumph. Put Peter Robinson or Gerry Adams in front of the cameras and Miliband could give a performance of Churchillian brilliance and no one would even notice.

johnneycool

I suppose they could use the set from 'take me out'

No likey, no lighty