Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 09, 2014, 05:36:49 PM
Could you not find anything more recent than 9 months ago? I'm sure you looked hard enough.  ;)

Of course I can. In December, you called them "w**kers with a capital W". Some turnaround to go from that to potential voter in the space of 5 months! What did SF do since December that brought about such a monumental shift in position then?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

foxcommander

Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 09, 2014, 05:48:12 PM
I've never voted SF in my life. I think you've missed the point a bit with this one.  :)

Thats not what your post said....you better re-read it. For a minute there it seemed like you were a subscriber to An Phoblacht.

Back to the TUV with you.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 09, 2014, 05:55:26 PM
Could you not find anything more recent than 9 months ago? I'm sure you looked hard enough.  ;)

Of course I can. In December, you called them "w**kers with a capital W". Some turnaround to go from that to potential voter in the space of 5 months! What did SF do since December that brought about such a monumental shift in position then?
I've answered that in posts 2296 and 2350. I'm surprised you haven't come across them in your trawl through my collected works.  :)

Myles Na G.

Quote from: foxcommander on May 09, 2014, 05:57:53 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 09, 2014, 05:48:12 PM
I've never voted SF in my life. I think you've missed the point a bit with this one.  :)

Thats not what your post said....you better re-read it. For a minute there it seemed like you were a subscriber to An Phoblacht.

Back to the TUV with you.
That post didn't say I've never never voted SF in my life, but I think it did make clear that I wasn't a traditional SF voter.

give her dixie

Quote from: glens abu on May 09, 2014, 10:04:20 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 09, 2014, 12:56:08 AM
The phrase, "A week is a long time in politics"  perfectly sums up the past week.

For anyone following the case of Jean McConville and Gerry Adams alleged involvement over the past while, it came as no surprise that he was going to be questioned about the allegations. He knew that as well, and he stepped up to the plate and made himself available for questioning. Over the course of 4 days, he was interviewed and then released without charge. A file has been sent to the DPP, and a few months later, a decision will be made whether to charge him or not.

Now, the response from Sinn Fein, and in particular Martin McGuinness, Mary Lou McDonald and Bobby Storey was very immature and they did themselves no favours. They didn't show proper leadership at a time where they should have remained calm.

A few weeks ago when Ivor Bell was arrested, Mary Lou said "that she would welcome any measure which would "provide additional comfort to the McConville family." The arrest of Gerry though was a measure too far for her.

Martin McGuinness revealed for the 1st time what thousands of Republicans and nationalists have known for years, and who were ridiculed for saying so, and that there still lingers an old guard of the RUC in the PSNI. For years though Martin never mentioned it, and at every opportunity backed them to the hilt. Sure only a few weeks ago he got them re instated in the St Patricks day parade. For him to throw the toys out of the pram and throw these allegations at the PSNI showed a serious lack of judgement.

Bobby Storey shouldn't have stated at the mural unveiling "We havn't gone away you know". The irony of that statement and people holding "save our peace process posters" wasn't lost on too many.

During the 4 days the party should have shut up shop and said very little until they seen how it was going to pan out with Gerry. In the end, it took Gerry Adams upon his return to steady the ship. He did a great job in calming every body down.

In relation to the Boston Tapes, the whole project is now destroyed to a certain extent. The use of a legal loophole by the PSNI to get access to them never should have been allowed to proceed. Peter King and John Kerry among others warned that they shouldn't be handed over. Hilary Clinton probably could stopped them, but didn't.

Only a couple of tapes were released that contained information on Jean McConville. Ivor Bell was arrested on the back of these tapes, and while he was charged in relation to her death, the PSNI can't prove that he was X or Y on the tapes. The contract that he signed confirming who he was on the tapes is lost. So are many others. However, in a statement yesterday, Gerry Adams said " Anthony McIntyre's interview with the late Brendan Hughes and his interview with Ivor Bell formed the mainstay for my arrest last week." Did Gerry just positively identify Ivor from the tape? Could Gerry be called as a witness in Ivor's trail by the PSNI?

The hate campaign stirred against The Boston Tapes is out of line and inaccurate. To say that everyone one the tapes are telling lies and are anti peace process is based on what? Only a couple of tapes have been heard out of a total of 28. How can such a judgement be made on the basis of a couple of extracts from a couple of tapes? The continued use of the word tout, and the spread of graffiti across west Belfast is appalling. It's not that long ago when Martin and Gerry were surrounded by 3 top British Agents.

The tapes were described as having serious merit by only the 3rd person to have listened to every tape. Their value for generations to come to study the history of our time, and to learn from it would have been immense. To protect those still alive, a limit of 50 or 75 years should have been imposed.

If there is no evidence against Gerry, and he is cleared, that should be it. For far too long the brutal murder of Jean McConville and accusations of his involvement has been thrown at Gerry, from all sides and especially by Enda Kenny. Now is the time to get to truth if we can. However, if he is charged, then that will be a serious blow to the party. From what we saw last week, there were very few who could lead like he can.

Very quiet for the past fortnight Dixie,is this the best you can come up with to defend the bunch of touts that you support and quote at every opportunity.Catch a grip your chum McIntyre has been shown up for what he is.His get Gerry campaign has backfired on him,Ivor Bell and all the others who thought by touting it would bring down Adams and SF but instead they have put themselves in the Dock.

Glens, as a general rule I refuse to reply to people who continually hurl personal insults at me. Tyrones Own and Balldbeaver fell into that category, and for a good while so have you. However, on this occasion I will reply to you and ask you to produce evidence of where I quote Anthony McIntyre. Please show me the evidence. You say I defend a bunch of touts. Show me where I defend people like Scappaticci , Donaldson or Adams personal driver McShane?

You continually use the term touts yet you defend Martin McGuinness who has openly called on several occasions for people to tout on what they know to the police. Do you remember him standing on the steps of Stormont shoulder to shoulder with Hugh Orde calling on Irish nationalists and republicans to tout to the police? Gerry Adams did what the PSNI couldn't do and that was to positively identify Ivor Bell from the tapes. Did this make Gerry a tout? Obviously the PSNI think he was a tout as they claimed he worked for MI5 from 1974 during questioning. The PSNI, who Sinn Fein fully support, spend nearly £500,000 a year on touts. Sinn Fein have no problem supporting touts when it suits them, only don't tout on them.

You claim McIntyre has a "Get Gerry" campaign. A while back when Suzanne Breen was reporting on how Gerry covered up child abuse you and others claimed it was a "Get Gerry" campaign. Sinn Fein even invented a new phrase into the mix when they claimed "Dissident Journalists" were out to get him.

However, when the truth emerged we not only found out that he covered up for his brother and went on TV and lied about it, but he reported Aine's mother to social services over a dirty house. Any decent human would have reported the abuse. The claims of a "Get Gerry" campaign soon fizzled out until it was resurrected to tarnish the Boston project.

Why is it that anyone who disagrees with something Sinn Fein say or do they are automatically labelled. They are either a dissident, anti peace process, a drunk, not well, opposed to change, looking to drag us back to the dark days, etc etc? Is Sinn Fein right all the time and the rest of the people wrong? Is no one allowed to think for themselves and make up their own mind on things instead of believing everything that Sinn Fein tell them to believe?

As I have said previously, there are 28 former IRA men who have recorded details of their time in the IRA. Only snippets of a couple of those tapes have come to light. What evidence do you or Sinn Fein have to say that they are all anti Sinn Fein and a project designed to "Get Gerry"? Would you buy a double CD of 28 songs, listen to a few clips of 2 songs, then claim that the whole album is shite?

In the Sinn Fein book shop there are books by Ernie O'Malley. Do you know who he is? In case you don't, Ernie travelled the length and breadth of Ireland and interviewed former IRA volunteers who fought between 1916 to 1923. He interviewed 500 men and women and recorded their version of what happened, and what they did during that time. Those interviews are now available and are a valuable resource for generations to come who will study that time in history. Despite what you or Sinn Fein think, the accounts of those 28 men and women recorded for the Boston project should be afforded the same respect.

A couple of times you have posted on the Liverpool thread throwing up Caterpillar at me in a condescending way. May I remind you that Sinn Fein ignored a democratic vote among its members to boycott Caterpillar and not only endorsed a $2 million grant to them a few weeks after they dumped 920 people on the dole just before Christmas, but Martin McGuinness travelled to their factory and spoke highly about them. In that same factory, Caterpillar build the weapons of mass destruction that have demolished nearly 30,000 Palestinian homes. They are also a tax dodger who have set up shop in Switzerland in order to avoid paying tax here. Somehow you think all that is funny enough to have a go at me on the Liverpool thread.

As a representative of Sinn Fein you do yourself and your party no favors on this site. You continually call people names and show zero respect for any of your political opponents. How you come across on this site is no different to what the leadership showed us at the weekend. Once you deviate away from the Sinn Fein spin, the veil slips and we see you and the parties true colours. There are a few others on here that are not members of Sinn Fein that can defend the party and their politicians with more respect and dignity than you could ever hope to. Maybe you could learn from them.

Now, go find me all those articles by Anthony McIntyre that you claim I posted. Lets see how many you can come up with?

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

glens abu

Quote from: give her dixie on May 09, 2014, 08:31:43 PM
The phrase, "A week is a long time in politics"  perfectly sums up the past week.

For anyone following the case of Jean McConville and Gerry Adams alleged involvement over the past while, it came as no surprise that he was going to be questioned about the allegations. He knew that as well, and he stepped up to the plate and made himself available for questioning. Over the course of 4 days, he was interviewed and then released without charge. A file has been sent to the DPP, and a few months later, a decision will be made whether to charge him or not.

Now, the response from Sinn Fein, and in particular Martin McGuinness, Mary Lou McDonald and Bobby Storey was very immature and they did themselves no favours. They didn't show proper leadership at a time where they should have remained calm.

A few weeks ago when Ivor Bell was arrested, Mary Lou said "that she would welcome any measure which would "provide additional comfort to the McConville family." The arrest of Gerry though was a measure too far for her.

Martin McGuinness revealed for the 1st time what thousands of Republicans and nationalists have known for years, and who were ridiculed for saying so, and that there still lingers an old guard of the RUC in the PSNI. For years though Martin never mentioned it, and at every opportunity backed them to the hilt. Sure only a few weeks ago he got them re instated in the St Patricks day parade. For him to throw the toys out of the pram and throw these allegations at the PSNI showed a serious lack of judgement.

Bobby Storey shouldn't have stated at the mural unveiling "We havn't gone away you know". The irony of that statement and people holding "save our peace process posters" wasn't lost on too many.

During the 4 days the party should have shut up shop and said very little until they seen how it was going to pan out with Gerry. In the end, it took Gerry Adams upon his return to steady the ship. He did a great job in calming every body down.

In relation to the Boston Tapes, the whole project is now destroyed to a certain extent. The use of a legal loophole by the PSNI to get access to them never should have been allowed to proceed. Peter King and John Kerry among others warned that they shouldn't be handed over. Hilary Clinton probably could stopped them, but didn't.

Only a couple of tapes were released that contained information on Jean McConville. Ivor Bell was arrested on the back of these tapes, and while he was charged in relation to her death, the PSNI can't prove that he was X or Y on the tapes. The contract that he signed confirming who he was on the tapes is lost. So are many others. However, in a statement yesterday, Gerry Adams said " Anthony McIntyre's interview with the late Brendan Hughes and his interview with Ivor Bell formed the mainstay for my arrest last week." Did Gerry just positively identify Ivor from the tape? Could Gerry be called as a witness in Ivor's trail by the PSNI?

The hate campaign stirred against The Boston Tapes is out of line and inaccurate. To say that everyone one the tapes are telling lies and are anti peace process is based on what? Only a couple of tapes have been heard out of a total of 28. How can such a judgement be made on the basis of a couple of extracts from a couple of tapes? The continued use of the word tout, and the spread of graffiti across west Belfast is appalling. It's not that long ago when Martin and Gerry were surrounded by 3 top British Agents.

The tapes were described as having serious merit by only the 3rd person to have listened to every tape. Their value for generations to come to study the history of our time, and to learn from it would have been immense. To protect those still alive, a limit of 50 or 75 years should have been imposed.

If there is no evidence against Gerry, and he is cleared, that should be it. For far too long the brutal murder of Jean McConville and accusations of his involvement has been thrown at Gerry, from all sides and especially by Enda Kenny. Now is the time to get to truth if we can. However, if he is charged, then that will be a serious blow to the party. From what we saw last week, there were very few who could lead like he can.

Very quiet for the past fortnight Dixie,is this the best you can come up with to defend the bunch of touts that you support and quote at every opportunity.Catch a grip your chum McIntyre has been shown up for what he is.His get Gerry campaign has backfired on him,Ivor Bell and all the others who thought by touting it would bring down Adams and SF but instead they have put themselves in the Dock.

Glens, as a general rule I refuse to reply to people who continually hurl personal insults at me. Tyrones Own and Balldbeaver fell into that category, and for a good while so have you. However, on this occasion I will reply to you and ask you to produce evidence of where I quote Anthony McIntyre. Please show me the evidence. You say I defend a bunch of touts. Show me where I defend people like Scappaticci , Donaldson or Adams personal driver McShane?

You continually use the term touts yet you defend Martin McGuinness who has openly called on several occasions for people to tout on what they know to the police. Do you remember him standing on the steps of Stormont shoulder to shoulder with Hugh Orde calling on Irish nationalists and republicans to tout to the police? Gerry Adams did what the PSNI couldn't do and that was to positively identify Ivor Bell from the tapes. Did this make Gerry a tout? Obviously the PSNI think he was a tout as they claimed he worked for MI5 from 1974 during questioning. The PSNI, who Sinn Fein fully support, spend nearly £500,000 a year on touts. Sinn Fein have no problem supporting touts when it suits them, only don't tout on them.

You claim McIntyre has a "Get Gerry" campaign. A while back when Suzanne Breen was reporting on how Gerry covered up child abuse you and others claimed it was a "Get Gerry" campaign. Sinn Fein even invented a new phrase into the mix when they claimed "Dissident Journalists" were out to get him.

However, when the truth emerged we not only found out that he covered up for his brother and went on TV and lied about it, but he reported Aine's mother to social services over a dirty house. Any decent human would have reported the abuse. The claims of a "Get Gerry" campaign soon fizzled out until it was resurrected to tarnish the Boston project.

Why is it that anyone who disagrees with something Sinn Fein say or do they are automatically labelled. They are either a dissident, anti peace process, a drunk, not well, opposed to change, looking to drag us back to the dark days, etc etc? Is Sinn Fein right all the time and the rest of the people wrong? Is no one allowed to think for themselves and make up their own mind on things instead of believing everything that Sinn Fein tell them to believe?

As I have said previously, there are 28 former IRA men who have recorded details of their time in the IRA. Only snippets of a couple of those tapes have come to light. What evidence do you or Sinn Fein have to say that they are all anti Sinn Fein and a project designed to "Get Gerry"? Would you buy a double CD of 28 songs, listen to a few clips of 2 songs, then claim that the whole album is shite?

In the Sinn Fein book shop there are books by Ernie O'Malley. Do you know who he is? In case you don't, Ernie travelled the length and breadth of Ireland and interviewed former IRA volunteers who fought between 1916 to 1923. He interviewed 500 men and women and recorded their version of what happened, and what they did during that time. Those interviews are now available and are a valuable resource for generations to come who will study that time in history. Despite what you or Sinn Fein think, the accounts of those 28 men and women recorded for the Boston project should be afforded the same respect.

A couple of times you have posted on the Liverpool thread throwing up Caterpillar at me in a condescending way. May I remind you that Sinn Fein ignored a democratic vote among its members to boycott Caterpillar and not only endorsed a $2 million grant to them a few weeks after they dumped 920 people on the dole just before Christmas, but Martin McGuinness travelled to their factory and spoke highly about them. In that same factory, Caterpillar build the weapons of mass destruction that have demolished nearly 30,000 Palestinian homes. They are also a tax dodger who have set up shop in Switzerland in order to avoid paying tax here. Somehow you think all that is funny enough to have a go at me on the Liverpool thread.

As a representative of Sinn Fein you do yourself and your party no favors on this site. You continually call people names and show zero respect for any of your political opponents. How you come across on this site is no different to what the leadership showed us at the weekend. Once you deviate away from the Sinn Fein spin, the veil slips and we see you and the parties true colours. There are a few others on here that are not members of Sinn Fein that can defend the party and their politicians with more respect and dignity than you could ever hope to. Maybe you could learn from them.

Now, go find me all those articles by Anthony McIntyre that you claim I posted. Lets see how many you can come up with?

Dixie go look at the times you copy and paste from "The Pensive Quill" are you trying to say you don't know that this is more of McIntyres handywork,a rag that has been attacking Adams and the SF leadership in much harsher terms than anything I have ever used on this forum to attack you and your ilk.Think this diatribe you have just posted show you are keeping good company.If you believe that Martin McGuinness wanting those who murdered a young Gael who joined the PSNI believing he was trying to bring about a new beginning to policing in the North to be brought to justice is the same as a crowd of twisted old men and women conspiring to tout on former comrades and get handfuls of money,well good luck to you all.I would have more respect for young Ronan Kerr than your crowd.

glens abu

Dixie read this and tell again that you are keeping the company of great Republicans.

Though we didn't know it at the time, the instigation of the Boston College oral history project signalled the launch of the GAL – the Get Adams League

Paul Bew - In 2002 he referred to Gerry Adams as smelling like "rotten cabbage".

Up until a few days ago very few of the reports regarding the interview tapes of ex IRA members that led to the arrest of Gerry Adams, carried a mention of 'Lord' Paul Bew – a central figure within the British establishment and signatory to the neo-conservative Henry Jackson principles.

Yet it was Paul Bew who initiated the fiasco that was the Boston College oral history project and Paul Bew who appointed Ed Moloney and Anthony McIntyre to work on the project. This is not me saying this but both Ed Moloney and Boston College themselves – look at this from the preface of Ed Moloney's own book Voices From The Grave, which was based on some of the interview tapes. The book's preface was written by Boston College officials Professor Tom Hachey (head of Irish Studies) and Dr Bob O'Neill (head of the Burns Library at BC):

'Paul Bew, politics professor and senior political adviser to a Northern Ireland first minister, together with two historians who remain anonymous, assisted in an assessment of the information contained in the recorded interviews. Lord Bew strongly encouraged Boston College to document and archive the stories of paramilitaries who fought on both sides of the sectarian divide, known more popularly as the Troubles, because it was such a natural fit.' (Voices From The Grave, Faber and Faber, 2010, p.1.)

For some reason Ed Moloney has now tried to downplay the importance of Paul Bew to the Boston project by asserting that Bew had simply been a 'messenger boy', but the quote above from Moloney's own book gives the lie to that assertion. The excellent researcher and journalist Tom Griffen has written tellingly on this issue here:
http://www.tomgriffin.org/the_green_ribbon/2014/04/was-lord-bew-really-just-ed-moloneys-message-boy.html

To put the final nail in the argument, let us again listen to Moloney himself in the book Voices from the Grave where in his own introduction he describes Paul Bew's input as 'crucial':

"In addition to Tom Hachey, Bob O'Neill, Patrick Keating, Anthony Mcintyre and Wilson McArthur, I would like to thank and credit a number of other people for their help in making this book possible ... Professor, now Lord, Bew, whose support at the very outset of the project was crucial ...'

Why has Ed Moloney sought to downplay the role of Paul Bew?

Thus we can be clear that both Boston College and Ed Moloney have previously stressed the importance of Paul Bew in the instigation of the infamous oral history project. But what has not been widely publicised or discussed (and this is perhaps the reason for Moloney's coyness over Bew) is the fact that Paul Bew not only set the Boston tapes ball rolling, it was Paul Bew who selected Ed Moloney and Anthony McIntyre to oversee and research/record interviewees respectively in the first place. Look at this article by Beth McMurtrie "Secrets From Belfast" – where she highlights Paul Bew's role:
http://chronicle.com/article/Secrets-from-Belfast/144059/

'So it was not surprising when, in the spring of 2000, a visiting scholar from Queen's University Belfast, Paul Bew, suggested to Mr. O'Neill that he consider documenting the recent history of Northern Ireland. Mr. Bew recommended Mr. Moloney, an intense and seemingly fearless journalist who was not averse to risky projects. Having spent decades getting to know people on both sides of the conflict, he was in the process of writing A Secret History of the IRA, a behind-the-scenes look at how the organization had shifted from the gun to the ballot box in its quest for influence.'

And in a subsequent quote where Boston College makes clear that they depended on Paul Bew's advice for selecting the oral history team:

'Mr. Hachey says he didn't feel anyone on the campus had the necessary expertise. Although a number of faculty members studied Irish culture, history, and literature, he says, "I was looking for someone who was an unequivocal expert" on modern-day Northern Ireland. He relied on the advice of Mr. Bew, who not only had recommended Mr. Moloney but also had been Mr. McIntyre's adviser at Queen's.'

There we have it, Paul Bew not only instigated the Boston College oral history project, he also chose Ed Moloney, whom he knew to be writing a book that was critical of Sinn Féin, and McIntyre whom he already knew because he had tutored him on his Queens doctorate which was entitled "Modern Irish republicanism: the product of British state strategies".

Bew, in other words knew exactly where Moloney and McIntyre were coming from when appointing them. But the Boston College quote above makes clear that Bew's influence and that of other anonymous figures went even further. Because even though the media has ignored this fact, both Ed Moloney and Boston College make clear that Paul Bew and these other background figures assessed the value of the interviews carried out by Anthony McIntyre and another researcher. Once again, this is not me saying this. This key information is provided in Ed Moloney's book Voices From The Grave and it bears repeating:

'Paul Bew, politics professor and senior political adviser to a Northern Ireland first minister, together with two historians who remain anonymous, assisted in an assessment of the information contained in the recorded interviews.'

Sinn Féin leaders – these are the bad guys right?

Once again Ed Moloney, following the sensational arrest of Gerry Adams by the PSNI's legacy unit, seems to be involved in telling a half truth about who saw, listened to, or had access to the controversial interview material. In a blog from his Broken Elbow site, he tells us that only one person, other than himself and Anthony McIntyre, has read the whole archive of the interview tapes and that was a US Federal Court judge.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 09, 2014, 06:17:41 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 09, 2014, 05:55:26 PM

I've answered that in posts 2296 and 2350. I'm surprised you haven't come across them in your trawl through my collected works.  :)

More bullshit. You gave two reasons:

1. The performance of Mairtin O'Muilleoir - yet he was mayor for six months when you, in December, described SF as "w**kers with a capital W". Hardly the language of someone seriously considering voting for them.

2. The visit to Buckingham Palace - So marty met lizzie. It happened nearly two years ago, during the intervening time since, you continued to describe SF as "w**kers", and "propegandists" who are "unfit to run a bath".

If you think you are kidding anyone with this claim to have miraculously turned towards becoming a SF voter, only for them to coincidentally do something to "change your mind" at the same time as your conversion, you're kidding yourself. You're a 'Grade A' bullshitter.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

give her dixie

Quote from: glens abu on May 09, 2014, 09:39:21 PM

Dixie go look at the times you copy and paste from "The Pensive Quill" are you trying to say you don't know that this is more of McIntyres handywork,a rag that has been attacking Adams and the SF leadership in much harsher terms than anything I have ever used on this forum to attack you and your ilk.Think this diatribe you have just posted show you are keeping good company.If you believe that Martin McGuinness wanting those who murdered a young Gael who joined the PSNI believing he was trying to bring about a new beginning to policing in the North to be brought to justice is the same as a crowd of twisted old men and women conspiring to tout on former comrades and get handfuls of money,well good luck to you all.I would have more respect for young Ronan Kerr than your crowd.

Glens, that is now the 2nd time you have brought the deaths of 2 young men into your reply in order to make a point. In previous posts to discredit Anthony McIntyre you brought up Priory Hall and the death of a man who took his own life. Now in this reply you have brought up the death of Ronan Kerr to make a point and have a dig at me.

I didn't know Ronan Kerr, but I remember well the Saturday afternoon when Eamon Malie broke the news of a bomb in Omagh. Like everyone else it brought back painful memories. When I found out what happened I was as horrified as anyone else. A couple of days later I was reading the paper at home with my mother and I got up and said "i'm going to that mans wake to pay my respects. how can I fight for human rights in Palestine and ignore violations of human rights in my back yard?"

I got into my car and drove to his home. Parking was in a nearby school, and a mini bus service was taking people to his home. when the minibus came back to the car park from the house, a number of people stepped out. Gerry Kelly was 1st out followed by other Sinn Fein representatives.

I went to Ronans home and paid my respects to him. He was laid out in his PSNI uniform, surrounded by his Tyrone jersey and if I remember rightly, a picture of him holding the Sam Maguire. One holding it as proudly as the photo as I have holding it.

His mother was standing beside him. I shook her hand and she asked me how did I know Ronan. I told her I didn't know her but that I was there to show my respect for him and the decision he took to make this world a better place. We held hands for a while, and in some small way for a brief moment, she felt some comfort.

After a cup of tea I made my way back to the car via the mini bus. When I got into my car at the bottom of the car park I burst into tears. Ronan Kerr didn't deserve to die, his mother didn't have to go through that heartbreak. I thought of Gerry Kelly having been at the house earlier and it in a way confirmed to me that Sinn Fein have moved on with support for the PSNI. In any democratic society we need a police force that is accountable to the people. Ronan Kerr was the new face of that police force.

That same police force has the job of finding the killers of Ronan, Jean McConville, and hundreds of other cases that remain unsolved. We have to let the police do their job, and we can't cherry pick which ones we want them to investigate, or who they can interview or not.

glens abu

Quote from: give her dixie on May 09, 2014, 10:32:25 PM

Glens, that is now the 2nd time you have brought the deaths of 2 young men into your reply in order to make a point. In previous posts to discredit Anthony McIntyre you brought up Priory Hall and the death of a man who took his own life. Now in this reply you have brought up the death of Ronan Kerr to make a point and have a dig at me.

I didn't know Ronan Kerr, but I remember well the Saturday afternoon when Eamon Malie broke the news of a bomb in Omagh. Like everyone else it brought back painful memories. When I found out what happened I was as horrified as anyone else. A couple of days later I was reading the paper at home with my mother and I got up and said "i'm going to that mans wake to pay my respects. how can I fight for human rights in Palestine and ignore violations of human rights in my back yard?"

I got into my car and drove to his home. Parking was in a nearby school, and a mini bus service was taking people to his home. when the minibus came back to the car park from the house, a number of people stepped out. Gerry Kelly was 1st out followed by other Sinn Fein representatives.

I went to Ronans home and paid my respects to him. He was laid out in his PSNI uniform, surrounded by his Tyrone jersey and if I remember rightly, a picture of him holding the Sam Maguire. One holding it as proudly as the photo as I have holding it.

His mother was standing beside him. I shook her hand and she asked me how did I know Ronan. I told her I didn't know her but that I was there to show my respect for him and the decision he took to make this world a better place. We held hands for a while, and in some small way for a brief moment, she felt some comfort.

After a cup of tea I made my way back to the car via the mini bus. When I got into my car at the bottom of the car park I burst into tears. Ronan Kerr didn't deserve to die, his mother didn't have to go through that heartbreak. I thought of Gerry Kelly having been at the house earlier and it in a way confirmed to me that Sinn Fein have moved on with support for the PSNI. In any democratic society we need a police force that is accountable to the people. Ronan Kerr was the new face of that police force.

That same police force has the job of finding the killers of Ronan, Jean McConville, and hundreds of other cases that remain unsolved. We have to let the police do their job, and we can't cherry pick which ones we want them to investigate, or who they can interview or not.

Glad you agree with Martin then as he called for people to help get the killers of Ronan Kerr,and I like SF believe the Mc Conville killing was horrific as well and if someone is found guilty of this well they well have to do time as the law states  but a witch hunt by disgruntled old men and women trying to implicate Adams in this killing is not going to solve the problem.

glens abu

Quote from: give her dixie on May 09, 2014, 10:32:25 PM

Also Dixie as you are such a hard worker for Human rights and I have seen a little of the great work you do how can you not object or criticise  McIntyres involvement in Priory Hall as this also was a crime againist peoples human rights.

give her dixie

Glens, I never said I disagreed with McGuinness, I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy in Sinn Feins position in the last week. Gerry Adams stood up and named Ivor Bell as the man on the tape during his questioning. During questioning, Ivor Bell never identified himself, and the police couldn't confirm if it was him or not. Boston College have lost Ivors contract, and at this moment in time only Gerry Adams statement links Ivor Bell to the tapes. And you and Sinn Fein have the brass neck to call people "Touts"?

glens abu

Quote from: give her dixie on May 09, 2014, 11:00:36 PM
Glens, I never said I disagreed with McGuinness, I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy in Sinn Feins position in the last week. Gerry Adams stood up and named Ivor Bell as the man on the tape during his questioning. During questioning, Ivor Bell never identified himself, and the police couldn't confirm if it was him or not. Boston College have lost Ivors contract, and at this moment in time only Gerry Adams statement links Ivor Bell to the tapes. And you and Sinn Fein have the brass neck to call people "Touts"?

Dixie Ivor Bell was arrested and charged before Police spoke to Adams and this is what he had to say about the interview so how has he touted on Ivor Bell.

The allegation of conspiracy in the killing of Mrs. McConville is based almost exclusively on hearsay from unnamed alleged Boston College interviewees but mainly from the late Dolours Price and Brendan Hughes. Other anonymous alleged Belfast Project interviewees were identified only by a letter of the alphabet, e.g. interviewee R or Y. One of these is claimed by the PSNI to be Ivor Bell although the interrogators told me he has denied the allegations. In the course of my interrogations they played what they alleged was a recording by Ivor Bell. They asked me to confirm that this was indeed his voice. I told them I could not do that.
- See more at: http://leargas.blogspot.co.uk/#sthash.Ex1oZorg.dpuf

give her dixie

Quote from: glens abu on May 09, 2014, 11:14:33 PM

Dixie Ivor Bell was arrested and charged before Police spoke to Adams and this is what he had to say about the interview so how has he touted on Ivor Bell.

The allegation of conspiracy in the killing of Mrs. McConville is based almost exclusively on hearsay from unnamed alleged Boston College interviewees but mainly from the late Dolours Price and Brendan Hughes. Other anonymous alleged Belfast Project interviewees were identified only by a letter of the alphabet, e.g. interviewee R or Y. One of these is claimed by the PSNI to be Ivor Bell although the interrogators told me he has denied the allegations. In the course of my interrogations they played what they alleged was a recording by Ivor Bell. They asked me to confirm that this was indeed his voice. I told them I could not do that.

In his blog he uses the word alleged. In this statement he doesn't use it as he says as fact that the tape was Ivor Bell.

Either way, you still havn't come up with any postings that you claim to say I have posted ?

Do you want to withdraw that allegation yet?

glens abu

Quote from: give her dixie on May 09, 2014, 11:44:29 PM
Quote from: glens abu on May 09, 2014, 11:14:33 PM

In his blog he uses the word alleged. In this statement he doesn't use it as he says as fact that the tape was Ivor Bell.

Either way, you still havn't come up with any postings that you claim to say I have posted ?

Do you want to withdraw that allegation yet?

Getting a bit tedious this proving you wrong but check 9th Jan post 156 and the 25 Th October post 170 on both occasions you copy and pasted McIntyre's rag The pensive quill.