Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count 10

Stormont is a sick joke....jobs for the boys...that's all it is....nice we carve up.....in the full knowledge that people will continue to vote along tribal lines come election time.

Peter Robinson's rant the other day was like something out of Fawlty Towers....but the really sad part is that no one from the Nationalist side challenged him.....now imagine if David Cameron stood up in the house of commons and berated Milliband for selling land to "niggers".....outcry...you can bet your life on it.....but in this cesspit we call home don't rock the boat >:(

That's why my electoral papers helped light the fire

Nally Stand

Quote from: Count 10 on October 01, 2013, 12:07:57 PM
Stormont is a sick joke....jobs for the boys...that's all it is....nice we carve up.....in the full knowledge that people will continue to vote along tribal lines come election time... That's why my electoral papers helped light the fire
Seems to me that your problem isn't so much stormont, as it is those who vote. The power sharing arrangements at stormont are what the vast majority of people in Ireland voted for in 1998 and those sitting in it under those terms are those who were voted in to do so. It ain't perfect but that's how it goes. As far as I'm concerned therefor, if you don't vote, you lose the right to complain.

Peter Robinson's rant the other day was like something out of Fawlty Towers....but the really sad part is that no one from the Nationalist side challenged him.....now imagine if David Cameron stood up in the house of commons and berated Milliband for selling land to "niggers".....outcry...you can bet your life on it.....but in this cesspit we call home don't rock the boat >:(

"During Question Time today Peter Robinson, in response to Jim Allister, rounded on the TUV MLA asking him to explain how  "secretly, and outside of the House, the Member, as the executor of a will, is selling land to republicans in County Fermanagh to benefit his own family." I don't know if these allegations are true or not but such comments were wholly unacceptable for the First Minster to make. This is an office that is designed to represent everyone. However the tone of Peter Robinsons remarks are essentially a signal that it is not OK to sell land to Catholics. Peter Robinson needs to explain his comments. If this is the focus of Unionists to score points over one another it is clearly espousing a sectarian agenda." Sean Lynch MLA
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Count 10

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 01, 2013, 12:35:56 PM
Stormont is a sick joke....jobs for the boys...that's all it is....nice we carve up.....in the full knowledge that people will continue to vote along tribal lines come election time... That's why my electoral papers helped light the fire
Seems to me that your problem isn't so much stormont, as it is those who vote. The power sharing arrangements at stormont are what the vast majority of people in Ireland voted for in 1998 and those sitting in it under those terms are those who were voted in to do so. It ain't perfect but that's how it goes. As far as I'm concerned therefor, if you don't vote, you lose the right to complain.

"During Question Time today Peter Robinson, in response to Jim Allister, rounded on the TUV MLA asking him to explain how  "secretly, and outside of the House, the Member, as the executor of a will, is selling land to republicans in County Fermanagh to benefit his own family." I don't know if these allegations are true or not but such comments were wholly unacceptable for the First Minster to make. This is an office that is designed to represent everyone. However the tone of Peter Robinsons remarks are essentially a signal that it is not OK to sell land to Catholics. Peter Robinson needs to explain his comments. If this is the focus of Unionists to score points over one another it is clearly espousing a sectarian agenda." Sean Lynch MLA

Glad someone is challenging Robinson over his comments. Where did he say this? Was it at Stormont...if not then why not?
No point in being an elected representative if you are not going to challenge these dinosaurs at Stormont.
Unfortunately there is no real alternative when it comes to voting....I live in hope that someone somewhere is going to stand for real issues that affect everyday life....jobs, health, education etc.........I believe Stormont has passed just one piece of legislation since it was re-formed....very important ....plastic bag levy!

give her dixie

Quote from: Count 10 on October 01, 2013, 01:57:31 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 01, 2013, 12:35:56 PM

Glad someone is challenging Robinson over his comments. Where did he say this? Was it at Stormont...if not then why not?
No point in being an elected representative if you are not going to challenge these dinosaurs at Stormont.
Unfortunately there is no real alternative when it comes to voting....I live in hope that someone somewhere is going to stand for real issues that affect everyday life....jobs, health, education etc.........I believe Stormont has passed just one piece of legislation since it was re-formed....very important ....plastic bag levy!

Give them some credit. They also awarded themselves a pay rise......

Well, just the 2 main parties that is....
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Maguire01

Quote from: Count 10 on October 01, 2013, 01:57:31 PM
I believe Stormont has passed just one piece of legislation since it was re-formed....very important ....plastic bag levy!
And if i'm not mistaken, a lot of the work on that was started in the previous term. There was also the SPAD bill.

theticklemister

Who said the Shinners were in the same bed as the Royals........................................

McGuinness slept in Queen's bed at Hillsborough Castle2 hours ago

Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness raised a few laughs - and perhaps just as many eyebrows - when he revealed he had slept in the Queen's bed at Hillsborough Castle.

Mr McGuinness, a former IRA leader, told the story during an after dinner speech at the 18th century castle, the Queen's official residence in Northern Ireland.

Hillsborough was used during hot-house political talks in 2010 over the transfer of policing powers to Stormont from Westminster.

Mr McGuinness told 150 delegates attending a gala opening of the international business conference that Sinn Féin was assigned the Queen's bedroom during days of negotiations with the Government.

"We were lucky enough that we were allocated the Queen's bedroom," he said, causing an outbreak of chuckling among the audience.

"I do not want you to tell anybody ... "

Cue more laughter.

"But I had a snooze in her bed," smiled Mr McGuinness, before adding: "She was not in it, so no scandal attached."

With the TV cameras focused on Mr McGuinness, the reaction of some of those in the room, including First Minister Peter Robinson and Secretary of State Theresa Villiers, is not recorded.

It is also unclear if one was not amused at Buckingham Palace ...

T Fearon

So that makes two people who haven't shared a bed at Hillsborough with the Queen. Martin and Prince Phillip?

Re the earlier posts accusing Robinson of sectarianism, now I'm no fan of the DUP or its leader, but surely Robinson never berated Allister for selling Land to catholic/nationalists or intended to do so, but was merely pointing out Allister's hypcorisy in lambasting the DUP for doing business with republicans while he was selling land privately to them?

I tell you I'd far rather have the DUP any day of the week than that little bigoted runt Allister and his TUV neanderthals.

give her dixie

Quote from: T Fearon on October 11, 2013, 04:55:15 PM
So that makes two people who haven't shared a bed at Hillsborough with the Queen. Martin and Prince Phillip?

Re the earlier posts accusing Robinson of sectarianism, now I'm no fan of the DUP or its leader, but surely Robinson never berated Allister for selling Land to catholic/nationalists or intended to do so, but was merely pointing out Allister's hypcorisy in lambasting the DUP for doing business with republicans while he was selling land privately to them?

I tell you I'd far rather have the DUP any day of the week than that little bigoted runt Allister and his TUV neanderthals.

Have you any evidence Tony that Jim sold land to "rebublicans", or are you taking Peter's word for it?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

T Fearon

Well he or his family did sell the farm to taigs,which knowing the bigoted little runt (I remember him from thirty years ago as a skinny bigoted little runt in the DUP) was a move I wouldn't have expected him to make,to be honest.

Syferus

Still looking for one of those fridge magnets, Nally.

glens abu

Great injustice in Lurgan man’s continued imprisonment - McCann

Sinn Féin MLA Jennifer McCann said the continued imprisonment of Martin Corey is an affront to his human rights and natural justice.

The West Belfast MLA was speaking after she along with party colleague Rosie McCorely met with British Secretary of State Teresa Villiers concerning the Lurgan man’s continued imprisonment....

Jennifer McCann said:

“Martin Corey is now in prison for three and a half years without having been charged, questioned or his legal representatives shown the alleged evidence that is against him.

“His latest parole hearing has been postponed yet again. Martin Corey has had no parole hearing since 2011. His continued imprisonment is unacceptable and an affront to his human rights and natural justice.

“I will be meeting with Justice Minister David Ford in the coming weeks to press him to bring this injustice to an end. The British Secretary of State was of no help whatsoever and attempted to wash her hands of the case.

“If there is evidence to show that Martin Corey is a risk to the public it should be put before him and his legal team so that it can be challenged. Natural justice is being denied to this man and it needs to end.”

Applesisapples

Glad to see they have their priorities right, running after dissidents while the executive crumbles and the DUP expose them as fools.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 16, 2013, 03:52:15 PM
Glad to see they have their priorities right, running after dissidents while the executive crumbles and the DUP expose them as fools.

So they should ignore internment without trial? Oh wait, you don't see it as internment without trial, you call it...what was it again...."illegal detention"?
Quote from: Applesisapples on December 04, 2012, 05:15:15 PM
call it what you like it may be , and I say may be an illegal detention but internment it ain't.
Still waiting on you to explain the difference there.

While I wait on the difference to be explained to me, and we go by your makey-uppy term of "illegal detention", could you tell me what is the problem with an elected representative coming out against a citizen being detailed illegally? Is it that you condone the state acting illegally or is it that you don't believe elected representatives should be allowed to challenge illegal behaviour by the state?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Applesisapples

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 16, 2013, 04:21:54 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 16, 2013, 03:52:15 PM

So they should ignore internment without trial? Oh wait, you don't see it as internment without trial, you call it...what was it again...."illegal detention"?
Quote from: Applesisapples on December 04, 2012, 05:15:15 PM
call it what you like it may be , and I say may be an illegal detention but internment it ain't.
Still waiting on you to explain the difference there.

While I wait on the difference to be explained to me, and we go by your makey-uppy term of "illegal detention", could you tell me what is the problem with an elected representative coming out against a citizen being detailed illegally? Is it that you condone the state acting illegally or is it that you don't believe elected representatives should be allowed to challenge illegal behaviour by the state?
Not really my fault if you don't understand or agree with my position. I disagree with yours as is my right. It will also be my right as a voter to ignore elections until the Shinners and the Stoops get their act together. When push comes to shove all shades of unionism/loyalism pull together...what do we do? as the saying goes the first item on every nationalist agenda is the split.