Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on September 09, 2013, 07:21:13 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on September 08, 2013, 02:35:11 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on September 08, 2013, 02:22:57 PM
Bad move bringing in ff traitors. Shows the weakness in sinn fein 26. Thats 3 names in my dungout book ger, angus and andrews.
Then maybe that's the type of candidate the sheep prefer.. ::)
Partitionist!

And if it's about "the type of candidate the sheep prefer", surely that just shows that SF will do anything for power.

actually nearly 80 years of modern Irish history shows clearly that ff are the dominant Irish party. therefore it follows that Andrews is the type of candidate Irish people like to vote for. he would not be my type of candidate and were he representing my area I would not vote for him. joining the party doesn't mean you'll be selected to run in an election.

I suppose if your hero Conal was to turn up looking to join sinn fein you'd get equally exited. but we've enough strays for now.
Hero's a bit strong. And I'd be far from excited. But given that SF has accepted a FF TD who was in power from 2007-11, it's clear they'd accept just about anyone.

theticklemister

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 09, 2013, 08:05:03 AM
Bad move bringing in ff traitors. Shows the weakness in sinn fein 26. Thats 3 names in my dungout book ger, angus and andrews.
Partitionist!

And if it's about "the type of candidate the sheep prefer", surely that just shows that SF will do anything for power.

Who remembers a fella called Billy Leonard.........

actually nearly 80 years of modern Irish history shows clearly that ff are the dominant Irish party. therefore it follows that Andrews is the type of candidate Irish people like to vote for. he would not be my type of candidate and were he representing my area I would not vote for him. joining the party doesn't mean you'll be selected to run in an election.

I suppose if your hero Conal was to turn up looking to join sinn fein you'd get equally exited. but we've enough strays for now.
Hero's a bit strong. And I'd be far from excited. But given that SF has accepted a FF TD who was in power from 2007-11, it's clear they'd accept just about anyone.

Maguire01

Partitionist!

Give the people whatever they want to get you into power then. The more things change...
Also, is it not a bit naive to think that he hasn't already been assured he'll be a candidate?

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 09, 2013, 09:04:54 AM
Partitionist!

Give the people whatever they want to get you into power then. The more things change...
Also, is it not a bit naive to think that he hasn't already been assured he'll be a candidate?
I suppose its worth mentioning that its Andrews who has joined sinn fein not sinn fein who has joined fianna fail. I fairly sure it was bertie who sent the stoops scurrying back over the border when they all wanted to become fainna fail not that long ago.
I suppose he saw them queing up for the bingo and nearly busted his arse laughing..
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Maguire01

So, Caral Ni Chuilin's hinting at a bid from NI to host the Commonwealth Games.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/minister-hints-at-bid-for-games-29568416.html

Now given that the 2014 games are in Glasgow and the 2018 games in Australia, she can't be looking any earlier than 2022 - which raises the question, is this an admission that Norn Iron is here for the forseeable, or that a United Ireland should re-enter the Commonwealth?

AQMP

What next???...The "All Northern Ireland Senior Football Championship" sponsored by the Presbyterian Mutual Society??  Mind you Antrim would still have no feckin' chance!

Applesisapples

They may call it "The North", "this place" or the 6 Counties" but SF/SDLP's cosy little inclusive executive has placed Irish Unity so far in the future it is quite likely that Gibraltar and Spain will be unified first. It's not even as if there is a smidgen of recognition of any Irish detention in the state...completely represented at home and abroad by purely Unionist/British symbols. Unionists don't even have the generosity of spirit to recognise any Irish dimension whatsoever. Hence their ulsterisation of Seamus Heaney and the continuing references to us all being British Citizens. As an Irish person living in Northern Ireland my identity and allegiances are not given any recognition and our political parties seem unwilling or unable to change this any time soon. That said a vast majority of nationalists are quite happy to accept this. My prediction is in 2116 there will be a unionist controlled administration here and they will only be 25% of the population.

theticklemister

Carol ni chulihin wants to bring the commenthwealth games here.

Applesisapples

Quote from: theticklemister on September 11, 2013, 08:36:02 PM
From the party that brought us UK City of culture!! Republican my ar*e!

lawnseed

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 11, 2013, 10:04:44 AM
They may call it "The North", "this place" or the 6 Counties" but SF/SDLP's cosy little inclusive executive has placed Irish Unity so far in the future it is quite likely that Gibraltar and Spain will be unified first. It's not even as if there is a smidgen of recognition of any Irish detention in the state...completely represented at home and abroad by purely Unionist/British symbols. Unionists don't even have the generosity of spirit to recognise any Irish dimension whatsoever. Hence their ulsterisation of Seamus Heaney and the continuing references to us all being British Citizens. As an Irish person living in Northern Ireland my identity and allegiances are not given any recognition and our political parties seem unwilling or unable to change this any time soon. That said a vast majority of nationalists are quite happy to accept this. My prediction is in 2116 there will be a unionist controlled administration here and they will only be 25% of the population.
I think the problem lies south of the border such are the antics of the sliveen and sleazy adminstrations since partition that nationalists/republicans are sickened to the extent that they would give up their birthright.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 18, 2010, 08:47:19 PM
Yes Sinn Fein in meltdown would b a problem as they currently represent the only effective force in Irish Republican politics. Lets face it, if we're talking about the free state here, they are the only republican party in leinster house and the only party to stand for election in each of Ireland's 32 counties.

Any day SF is in meltdown is a good day for the 32 counties of Ireland as long of course their sister party the DUP aren't making hay.

(Before ya start about post being 2010 at least it's more up to date than the bigoted "Free State" lingo of Nally Stand)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

If SF get in government here after the next election, will the mess be sorted out?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 11, 2013, 11:41:22 PM
If SF get in government here after the next election, will the mess be sorted out?

If Lawnseed gets into power all FG, FF, Labour will get a bullet to the head probably to reduce unemployment. But if they only let Shinners survive only the shiftless lazy knuckle draggers who survive on Dutch Gold and Jeremy Kyle will survive. Unemployment to rise to 99%, 1% being the SF high command in Govt.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 11, 2013, 09:53:07 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on September 11, 2013, 08:36:02 PM
From the party that brought us UK City of culture!! Republican my ar*e!

+1

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 11, 2013, 11:48:00 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 11, 2013, 11:41:22 PM

If Lawnseed gets into power all FG, FF, Labour will get a bullet to the head probably to reduce unemployment. But if they only let Shinners survive only the shiftless lazy knuckle draggers who survive on Dutch Gold and Jeremy Kyle will survive. Unemployment to rise to 99%, 1% being the SF high command in Govt.
I may let you kiss my ring if your good