Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Targetman

They don't want their fans "hurt", would you wise up its not a bunch of primary school kids we're talking about!

T Fearon

I suspect the main reason here is the club don't want a small section of the support to embarrass it,being drawn into sadly and taking  part in a sectarian fest.We have also incurred way too many fines from UEFA lately,and obviously the club doesn't want to take any risks.

This game could have been easily managed,with both club's recording the name and seat number of every fan to whom a ticket was sold,thus anyone from either side causing trouble could have been retrospectively dealt with.

stew

Quote from: Targetman on June 24, 2017, 02:27:17 PM
They don't want their fans "hurt", would you wise up its not a bunch of primary school kids we're talking about!

Their fans once ran on to the field and broke the leg of a Celtic player you idiot,!

These are hate driven arseholes Celtic are dealing with, two days after the 12th of July, are you kidding me?

Celtic will not take up their ticket allocation for next month's possible Champions League qualifier at Linfield.

Uefa confirmed the first-leg tie in Belfast will take place on Friday 14 July should the Northern Irish champions make it past the San Marino club La Fiorita.

Celtic and Linfield face prospect of Champions League clash on marching day
Read more
The original dates would have taken Celtic to Belfast at the height of the marching season on 11 or 12 July. That sparked fears of trouble among the club's supporters and Linfield's loyalist fans.

After talks with the Police Service of Northern Ireland, it has been decided to move the match to 14 July, with a 5pm kick-off. But Celtic have decided the potential for disorder is still too big a risk and will not invite their travelling support to attend.

Celtic said: "Following security concerns raised by the Police Service of Northern Ireland, Celtic has taken part in discussions with Linfield and the PSNI over recent days. While there can be an option to reverse the fixtures if both clubs agree, during discussions Linfield made it clear that they did not wish to reverse the tie and they wanted to play their home leg first.

"In addition, as is often the case in football, Celtic's football management team wished to play our away leg first so that we could benefit from the advantage of playing the second leg at home in front of our supporters at Celtic Park for this crucial European tie.

"Following the discussions, it was agreed among the clubs and PSNI and has now been confirmed with Uefa that, should Linfield progress to the second qualifying round, Celtic's Uefa Champions League match against Linfield will take place at Windsor Park on Friday, 14 July, with a 5pm kick-off.

"No tickets will be available for Celtic supporters. The safety and security of all Celtic supporters travelling and attending matches is of paramount importance to the club.

"Should La Fiorita of San Marino qualify for the next round, the first leg match would take place on 11 or 12 July.

"Regardless of opposition, Celtic's home leg of this qualifying round will take place at Celtic Park on Wednesday, 19 July."
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Celtic should see this tie out without away support,though Red Imps turned that on its head last year.They obviously don't want to risk bad behaviour from a section of the support.Sound decision to not take tickets,just get the fixture (which should be easily won)out of the way,and with no fans present, no blame can be attached to Celtic for any sectarian behaviour.

imtommygunn

michaelg

Quote from: stew on June 24, 2017, 05:12:38 PM

Their fans once ran on to the field and broke the leg of a Celtic player you idiot,!

These are hate driven arseholes Celtic are dealing with, two days after the 12th of July, are you kidding me?

Celtic will not take up their ticket allocation for next month's possible Champions League qualifier at Linfield.

Uefa confirmed the first-leg tie in Belfast will take place on Friday 14 July should the Northern Irish champions make it past the San Marino club La Fiorita.

Read more
The original dates would have taken Celtic to Belfast at the height of the marching season on 11 or 12 July. That sparked fears of trouble among the club's supporters and Linfield's loyalist fans.

After talks with the Police Service of Northern Ireland, it has been decided to move the match to 14 July, with a 5pm kick-off. But Celtic have decided the potential for disorder is still too big a risk and will not invite their travelling support to attend.

Celtic said: "Following security concerns raised by the Police Service of Northern Ireland, Celtic has taken part in discussions with Linfield and the PSNI over recent days. While there can be an option to reverse the fixtures if both clubs agree, during discussions Linfield made it clear that they did not wish to reverse the tie and they wanted to play their home leg first.

"In addition, as is often the case in football, Celtic's football management team wished to play our away leg first so that we could benefit from the advantage of playing the second leg at home in front of our supporters at Celtic Park for this crucial European tie.

"Following the discussions, it was agreed among the clubs and PSNI and has now been confirmed with Uefa that, should Linfield progress to the second qualifying round, Celtic's Uefa Champions League match against Linfield will take place at Windsor Park on Friday, 14 July, with a 5pm kick-off.

"No tickets will be available for Celtic supporters. The safety and security of all Celtic supporters travelling and attending matches is of paramount importance to the club.

"Should La Fiorita of San Marino qualify for the next round, the first leg match would take place on 11 or 12 July.

"Regardless of opposition, Celtic's home leg of this qualifying round will take place at Celtic Park on Wednesday, 19 July."
It was 69 years ago ffs. 

stew

Quote from: michaelg on June 24, 2017, 09:56:08 PM

Read more

It was 69 years ago ffs.

I stand corrected, their modern day support are tolerant, non catholic hating  men and women of reason!

Tube!

T Fearon

Look things have changed,Linfield have a lot of Catholic players now,and it is preposterous to bring up things like Jimmy Jones incident.

Still Linfield have a substantial bad element among their support,and Celtic are right to reject any tickets for what should be a straightforward fixture on the pitch,which they just want to fulfill with minimal fuss.

michaelg

Quote from: stew on June 24, 2017, 11:24:12 PM

Read more

It was 69 years ago ffs.

I stand corrected, their modern day support are tolerant, non catholic hating  men and women of reason!

Tube!
By the same rationale then, would you recommend Celtic take the  same action if they drew Liverpool in the Champions  League?  After all, 39 fans died after the actions of Liverpoll fans 32 years ago at Heysel.

T Fearon

https://youtu.be/B9tatN3UTJk

This is why I believe Celtic are correct in not accepting tickets for this game in Belfast

Taylor

Quote from: T Fearon on June 25, 2017, 12:42:33 PM
https://youtu.be/B9tatN3UTJk

This is why I believe Celtic are correct in not accepting tickets for this game in Belfast

Scum. Imagine a stadium full of them tramps.
Celtic are 100% correct not to take the allocation.

Hopefully UEFA will get a close up view of what the 'football for all' mantra looks like with the IFA

T Fearon

Celtic have knuckledraggers too,and I'm not saying all Linfield fans are like this,and the club itself sent officials to the opening of the Belfast Celtic Club museum in 2010 and made a cash donation.

But have Linfield (unlike Celtic) bent over backwards to combat sectarianism? I don't think so

yellowcard

Sensible decision by Celtic, why any Celtic fan would want to go near this sectarian hate fest I don't know. Would like to see San Marino team making the argument redundant anyway.

stew

Quote from: michaelg on June 25, 2017, 09:27:54 AM
Quote from: stew on June 24, 2017, 11:24:12 PM

Read more

It was 69 years ago ffs.

Tube!
By the same rationale then, would you recommend Celtic take the  same action if they drew Liverpool in the Champions  League?  After all, 39 fans died after the actions of Liverpoll fans 32 years ago at Heysel.

No I would not recommend that at all, Liverpool do not have a century of hatred in their club, Linfield do, see the difference?????

I do not know were you are from, nor do I care, but I grew up in the north and I have seen first hand the hate Linfield are capable of, I have never seen sevco but they are said to be very bad as well, I would never go to see either team play, why sit through  a hatefest when you can watch the game from the comfort of your own home in full knowledge that you will not be atacked, have stones thrown at you or have other such nastiness happen to you, I would not give Linfield one penny of my money and I would never trust their support no matter who is playing for them nowadays.

Hectic

Quote from: T Fearon on June 25, 2017, 02:06:16 PM
Celtic have knuckledraggers too,and I'm not saying all Linfield fans are like this,and the club itself sent officials to the opening of the Belfast Celtic Club museum in 2010 and made a cash donation.

But have Linfield (unlike Celtic) bent over backwards to combat sectarianism? I don't think so

All clubs have their elements but Linfield will sell out against Celtic thanks to the day trippers who will be there to spew their bile rather than genuine Linfield supporters.