Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amanda

Quote from: AQMP on January 23, 2018, 08:59:45 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 23, 2018, 07:28:05 AM
Quote from: michaelg on January 22, 2018, 10:38:50 PM
Quote from: ashman on January 22, 2018, 03:58:01 PM
MON is staying put .
If he ends up signing the improved IFA contract, he's played a blinder there. 6 year deal worth £700k a year for a job from which he's not going to get sacked is good going.

He has set a bar now though. Minimum expectation euro qualification i would have thought?

Sure does everyone bar Andorra and Gibraltar not qualify automatically for the next Euros ;)
The R.O.I. and Scotland.
Scotland  0 N. Ireland  1.

Evil Genius

Hello all, flying visit, just thought I'd leave this with you:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyGrayNI/status/955521289778814976/video/1

Anyhow, I'm off again, back to watching this continuously, on loop!  :)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

T Fearon

Only in it for the money.More loyal to the half crown.

Applesisapples

And so the IFA spurn yet another chance of football for all by insisting on GSTQ before Cliftonville vs Coleraine. To add insult to injury Radio Uladh roll out Wee Seamy to underline the Britishness of the occasion. How can we take them seriously? The IFA that is?

AQMP

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 04, 2018, 11:30:35 AM
And so the IFA spurn yet another chance of football for all by insisting on GSTQ before Cliftonville vs Coleraine. To add insult to injury Radio Bladh roll out Wee Seamy to underline the Britishness of the occasion. How can we take them seriously? The IFA that is?

Strange decision, given that the anthem was not played before the 2013 and 2009 finals both of which featured Cliftonville.

Applesisapples

Quote from: AQMP on May 04, 2018, 11:46:21 AM
And so the IFA spurn yet another chance of football for all by insisting on GSTQ before Cliftonville vs Coleraine. To add insult to injury Radio Bladh roll out Wee Seamy to underline the Britishness of the occasion. How can we take them seriously? The IFA that is?

Strange decision, given that the anthem was not played before the 2013 and 2009 finals both of which featured Cliftonville.
Illustrates that the majority within the IFA are n to serious about football for all, except on their terms.

trailer

Clearly the IFA are determined to drive every Nationalist into the hands of the FAI. Stupid decision.
Furthermore GSTQ should be played in NI at any sporting event full stop.

Avondhu star

One side gets offended because once in the year a Loyalist band wants to march up "their" road which takes five minutes. The other side object to G.S.T.Q. being played at a sports final.
No compromise, no willingness to compromise.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

AQMP

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 04, 2018, 12:21:28 PM

Illustrates that the majority within the IFA are n to serious about football for all, except on their terms.

I note that the IFA statement says that they are following "current board policy agreed in August 2013" (i.e. after Cliftonville's last appearance in the Cup Final).  It would be interesting to read what that policy actually is.

johnnycool

Quote from: AQMP on May 04, 2018, 01:19:13 PM

I note that the IFA statement says that they are following "current board policy agreed in August 2013" (i.e. after Cliftonville's last appearance in the Cup Final).  It would be interesting to read what that policy actually is.

Any words from Mickey O'Neill as yet?

Avondhu star

Quote from: AQMP on May 04, 2018, 01:19:13 PM

That would be an ecumenical matter
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Insane Bolt

Bizarre given that in 2013 the reason for not playing it was to create a neutral atmosphere.

Rossfan

Will the Cliftonville team and support wait outside till the Unionist FA have their Britfest ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Rossfan on May 04, 2018, 03:14:55 PM
Will the Cliftonville team and support wait outside till the Unionist FA have their Britfest ?

Often wondered what would happen if they decided to not come out on to pitch until anthem was over.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 04, 2018, 01:16:54 PM
One side gets offended because once in the year a Loyalist band wants to march up "their" road which takes five minutes. The other side object to G.S.T.Q. being played at a sports final.
No compromise, no willingness to compromise.
Stupid fcukin statement, Ahh I can't be bothered...