James McClean

Started by thewobbler, July 19, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Surely the time is coming when English club chairmen and managers decide that he's just not worth the hassle?

There's only so many times you can stick two fingers up to your club's fan base.

Lad needs taught about when to fight his battles.

Milltown Row2

Agreed, the lad is a twat.... There isn't too many families in N.I who can say they haven't had  life changing events that came about because of the troubles... But ffs man move on you look like a eejit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

What's he done or said now??

beer baron

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 19, 2015, 12:49:50 PM

He stood sideways when the rest of the team stood forwards for GSTQ i think in a preseason friendly. A non-story.

Milltown Row2

Before a game yesterday they played the National anthem, while the rest looked on way he turned and put head down and faced other way... Let it go and move on. A non story yes but ffs sake wise up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: beer baron on July 19, 2015, 12:56:23 PM

He stood sideways when the rest of the team stood forwards for GSTQ i think in a preseason friendly. A non-story.
The guy should realise he is earning a living in England.
I might just about agree with his decision not to wear a poppy but if he did do that for an anthem then I find it ridiculous.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: laoislad on July 19, 2015, 01:03:18 PM
Quote from: beer baron on July 19, 2015, 12:56:23 PM

The guy should realise he is earning a living in England.
I might just about agree with his decision not to wear a poppy but if he did do that for an anthem then I find it ridiculous.

Agreed, he either likes the attention he's going to continue getting or is extremely thick.

DuffleKing

He's entitled to stand how he likes. If he'd walked about, shouted or flailed his arms it'd have been disrespectful. He stood quietly with his head bowed.

I wouldn't disrespect any national anthem but neither would I conform in any shape to acknowledge GSTQ in this or any other context

SHEEDY

why are they playing GSTQ at a pre season friendly? why should he stand for it if thats how he feels. complete non story.
nil satis nisi optimum

thewobbler

Duffleking, correct me if I'm wrong here, but is it okay to be disrespectful as long as a) it's only a little bit respectful, and b) it involves the UK? But in any other scenarios it'd be out of order?

Sheedy, an anthem playing before a a sporting event is a non story.  Happens across the world every minute of the day. Someone using that non event to make a political statement against the country in which he lives and works, well that actually is a story. Because it's downright disrespectful.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 19, 2015, 01:21:56 PM
why are they playing GSTQ at a pre season friendly? why should he stand for it if thats how he feels. complete non story.

Christ we've all conformed to something that we don't like doing, but we do it out respect.. I'm not into religion at all but hey I'll go to weddings funerals christening and whatever out of respect to person who's invited me, when they asked us to stand up sit down kneel during the service ill do it... Just get on with it and stop drawing attention to yourself

DuffleKing

He stood quietly the way he was facing before the anthems began. The rest turned towards the flag.

What would you have him do?

Boycey

Jesus he's an awful eejit,

I echo Laoislad and Maroon Mancs view of it

BennyCake

Out of interest... would you stand for GSTQ if it was played in the North?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 19, 2015, 01:31:31 PM
He stood quietly the way he was facing before the anthems began. The rest turned towards the flag.

What would you have him do?

Stand as the rest did, normal,  None of the players sang it or put hand heart ... Most ain't English either. Make a proper statement by refusing to play for the English teams.... That would really put them in their place.... No wait...